Road worthy rally car

For reference, all rally car are required to be plated and insured... Therefore road worthy.

And you would get sick really fast to DD a rally car with zero sound deadening, legal anti- intrusion side bars and heavy ass clutch. We all think we could, but really very few actually can...

For reference, all rally car are required to be plated and insured... Therefore road worthy.

And you would get sick really fast to DD a rally car with zero sound deadening, legal anti- intrusion side bars and heavy ass clutch. We all think we could, but really very few actually can...

I've never had the chance to drive one, I was told that even the breaks are dangerous if not warmed up hahahha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

^^^^he's 100% right,

I had the chance to drive different rally car in the street and trust me, yes it's fun at the beginning but you get quickly annoyed by the car.

First the seat have headguard which make almost impossible to see at your left or right, you need to bring your body foward but you won't be able to see clear. Sometime you need someone to guide you when you're backing out because of the seat the the fact that even with mirror, the car vibrate so much that they move.

It's really stupid fucking stupid fucking fuck fuck fucking loud lol, there's no sound deadening so you hear every single rocks that hit the body, every single vibration coming from the diff, engine, trans. Since everything is bare metal there's tone of rattles, lexan windows, holding clip anything... Exhaust are straight true with only an high flow cat usually.... Depanding on the turbo charger, sometime they are really fucking loud an high pitch

Most the time, they use dogbox ou sequential gear box which are super loud because of the straight cut gear design (crazy whining). Then getting in gear ain't smooth, in fact the faster you're going the easier the gear gets in. Getting in first gear is always makes a huge bang and the car move foward a bit.

Here's an exemple, keep in mind this is in a street car with full interior, sound deadening and it's still pretty loud.

Clutch are super stiff and have no friction point.

Brake need to get hot otherwise it won't stop proprely.

While race gas does smell good on a small dose, being stocked in a car with a fuel cell full of race gas can give you headaches.

You don't have those nice climate control, most the time you have a vary basic on/off fan, temps control. Sometime you get a roof scoop so you get positive pressure inside the cab to keep the dust out of the cab and use it also as a source a fresh air.

Inside the cab it's really fucking hot!, exhaust at 2" from the floor, engine Wot a 98% the time 12" from the firewall.

Starting the car can be a pain sometime, rough idles etc

Also sometime they have steering "quickners" so you give 1/4 of a turn of steering input and it's like 1/2-3/4 of a turn on a normal car.... Just imagine lane changing when you're not use to it... suprise!

Don't get me wrong everytime I drove a rally car I had fun but I wouldn't drive that as a week end car.

Just to give you an idea, one of then was a vw golf with an ITB's 2.0 16v and on a not so cold day, you need to drop race fuel in the ITB's stacks and while cranking pushing the throttle to get it to start.....

Even getting in/out of the car can be a pain depanding on the cage design.

But when you drove on, you don't thinks about all of these bad points :p it's only when you're going back to your car that you think about these.

Ask any rally drivers, the worst part of a rally is transport between stages they are super tiered of driving in transports.

I'm sorry guys but I dont digg it! It looks terrible:(

I'm stuck in one era only for rallye cars and that would be the 90's! Ford then builded the nicest Ford ever:

The Cossy:

That is definitly a Rallye car I would drive daily :))

I don't know about the R5 but I know someone who bought the fiesta R2 kit.....

Basically you need to buy the car at the dealership then buy the R2 kit and send the car to team O'neal build it.

What's nice about "R2 project" is that it's almost a turn key rally car that you buys. Comes with all the parts, sequential trans, cams, cage, shocks, brake etc
sany4ary.jpg

qy9ajuze.jpg

yrusagu6.jpg

Back