Who's gone to Asia? What countries do you recommend?

konrad

I finally graduate Uni in December and already bought a plane ticket to Asia in January. I'm planning to go explore for a month with my friends before starting at my job in a office mostly from 9-5.

Who's been? And what do countries do you recommend? I'm flying to Taiwan first and then from there i'm down to fly anywhere. I was also thinking of renting a motorcycle but I don't know if its recommended?

Thanks!

I went to China, Japan, Soith Korea, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.

Amongst these my favorites were Japan and Malaysia (plus the stop a few days in Singapore)

For a month I could give you my itinerary. I have done Malaysia Singapore and Bali + Lombok in under a month. It was awesome

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I went to Japan 4times, Mainland China and Hong Kong once. If it's possible, I will go to Japan again. If you end up to go to Japan, you can ask me questions. :)

If you do an Asia trip and just want to travel for a while after... look at the Australia 1 year visitor working visa, pretty much guaranteed to get and quickly too. You can work some hospitality jobs (min pay is like $18/h), then set off around Australia.

I'd steer clear from Japan, unless you wanna grow a third testicle.. I hear North Korea is nice that time of year.

Tu veux quoi? De la plage? Une expérience culinaire? Des villes modernes? Du tout inclus?... tu peux pas vraiment être moins claire.

Depends on what you're looking for and your budget.
Japan will probably more expensive than the other countries. Korea and China, Vietnam are always a safe bet and then you got the south east asian countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia, Philippines etc etc.

I been to south east asia a couple of times, what exactly are you looking for?? u wanna chill out in paradise or go visit big cities/tourist spots ?!

I am in Japan right now (Tokyo) for the next 6 months.

If you choose Japan, let me know if you need help for anything.

south korea or taiwan.
japan is good but not worth the price compared to other countries above.

if you really wanna go cheap, any south asian country i guess.

I went to China, Japan, Soith Korea, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia.

Amongst these my favorites were Japan and Malaysia (plus the stop a few days in Singapore)

For a month I could give you my itinerary. I have done Malaysia Singapore and Bali + Lombok in under a month. It was awesome

Dude can you send me your itinerairy? I'm going to thailand, malaysia, singapore and indonesia for 3 weeks on december! Dunno if I'm gonna die trying to do it in 3 weeks or not though.

I went to india for 6 weeks (42 days) budget wise you live amazingly for 20$usd a day including transport (trains, bus, taxi and 2 planes), food, shelter and alot of activities...i pretty much experienced every climate possible from beach both dry and humide to desert and himalayan cold... Needless to say it was crazy. I can send you my itinerary if ever you want.

Dude can you send me your itinerairy? I'm going to thailand, malaysia, singapore and indonesia for 3 weeks on december! Dunno if I'm gonna die trying to do it in 3 weeks or not though.

my gf just checked our itinerary yesterday, i'll try to scan it.

we flew to kuala lumpur, stayed there a few days
then bus to the tea fields for a quick stop and then bus to Penang for a few days (awesome, very awesome place to visit with a scooter)
then airplane to Kota Bahru then bus to Kuala Besut for the ferry to the Perentian islands
few days on the perentian islands, very calm and gorgeous beach
then ferry back to shore and then train to kuala lumpur (like a 10 or 14h train at night with bunk beds)
then fly kuala lumpur to singapore for a few days
then fly to kuta (bali)
then taxi to ubud for a few days, rent a scooter and do almost the whole north island and center
then taxi to kuta for a few days
then south to nusa dua, rent scooter and visit surf cities on the west side of the south island
then ferry to gili trawangan for a few days
then back and fly to singapore and fly back to montreal with half day to visit London, Uk on the way back.

we never stayed more than 2 or 3 nights in one place, made for a very busy trip but we saw everything there was to see and got the most out.

I'll send you more details on what we did (side trips).. we did so many days and km nowher eon the scooter, middle of remote lost areas heheh.

Thailande c'est beau mais y'a juste ben trop de touristes IMO... Bali aussi dans bien des cas malheureusement. C'est un peu por ca que j'ai tant aimé la Malaysie

Back