OFFICIAL Quebec-Montreal dash camera thread ! * Insert video *

I swear since I installed my dashcam.. I see nothing... before that I'd see funny stuff all the time

Video of my collision that occured this Monday on the black ice (first day it was -25c or so):

Bodyshop says I need a new passanger side backdoor and the guy in front of me had his whole rear bumper ripped off.

Pretty sure they just panicked because of the black ice. I would have been fuckin pissed...completely avoidable.

Almost turned this old man into a hood ornament. According to him I was driving too fast, according to me he lived too long and now just draining the system while being an ignorant dumbass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwtK4eGzYVI

Too fast? OMG, you were going like 15 km/h. You should have asked him if mommy ever told him to look before walking blindly into a street.

Keeping this alive. You guys have nothing to post?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6E4dffKLm4

LOL... I'm digging your reactions. You seems a bit "Cranky", AKA "low tolerance for retards". I'm the same way.

wtf echo driver.....

I'd put the blame on that driver 100%

what did your insurance say ? I know when you hit from the back its always your fault but fuck this guy stopped for no reason at all

wtf echo driver.....

what did your insurance say ? I know when you hit from the back its always your fault but fuck this guy stopped for no reason at all

Exactly. Besides, as the Echo is sliding toward the parked cars, wouldn't he know not to keep his brake pedal nailed to the floor?

wtf echo driver.....

When I opened my file my insurance just wanted me to state what happened. Weren't interested in checking out my video (not that I insisted). But I'm gonna push the issue further, because I wouldn't want to have anything marked in my life as 'my fault', especially when it's not. I mean fuck, I wasn't speeding, had a reasonable distance between me and the other car. And this car in came with brand new Yokohomas on it.

The Echo driver just panicked that his car was sliding towards the parked cars and slammed on his breaks (and turned his wheels all the way to the left, as you can see). My car at that point just wasn't responding and I hit him. His sudden stop caught me off guard for sure in those conditions.

When I opened my file my insurance just wanted me to state what happened. Weren't interested in checking out my video (not that I insisted). But I'm gonna push the issue further, because I wouldn't want to have anything marked in my life as 'my fault', especially when it's not. I mean fuck, I wasn't speeding, had a reasonable distance between me and the other car. And this car in came with brand new Yokohomas on it.

The Echo driver just panicked that his car was sliding towards the parked cars and slammed on his breaks (and turned his wheels all the way to the left, as you can see). My car at that point just wasn't responding and I hit him. His sudden stop caught me off guard for sure in those conditions.

I would fight it. Don't you have deductible to pay when it's your fault? Did they ask you to pay it? I wouldn't pay one cent and fight it with the proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would fight it. Don't you have deductible to pay when it's your fault? Did they ask you to pay it? I wouldn't pay one cent and fight it with the proof.

Fortunately, I have a zero dollar deductible term on my contract, so I won't have to pay shit. But it juts sucks to have something that might be potentially marked as 'your fault' in the file. I'm going to make sure the blame is on the other driver. He panicked, had zero awareness and even admitted to me after the accident that he needed to change his tires.

CHRj3sus Damn that sucks, they can't just replace the skin on the door? I have no idea how badly it's damaged, it looked like a low speed bump.

Stirl_ae86 I used to be a whole lot more tolerant, but I guess I got tired of giving morons excuses. :D

If that is what you told them my guess is your file was openned at 100% on your side

It's most likely they will put him at fault in the accident unfortunately...

CHRj3sus Damn that sucks, they can't just replace the skin on the door? I have no idea how badly it's damaged, it looked like a low speed bump.

Apparently the damage is pretty deep in the door. And it shows because the frame of the door inside is bent as well. The whole repair will obviously be costly and my next contract with Desjardins won't be pretty. I'm only 22 and already pay 142 a month for my 2011 Charger (although I have all the extras and 0 dollar deductible on the current contract).

Sadly, fault will remain with you, not the echo driver. They will simply state that the speed\distance to the other car was not adequate taking into consideration the driving conditions (icy), and henceforth its your fault.

I was looking at the video and trying to understand.
Do you have a Doge Charger? Like I understand the Echo sliding and so (not even sure it comes with ABS that car)...but with your new winter tires and ABS, you should have been able to avoid it ? Either by braking (which is what you did) and steer or by accelerating.
What happen exactly ?
I don't blame you, but from the video it seemed for me you could have avoid it and I was curious to understand maybe there are other factors.
Black ice is probably the most dangerous driving condition for me. I can't think about something more dangerous, because hitting a patch of black ice is like winning the jack pot . SURPRIZE !
Watch out there for tomorrow's or next week black ice...it's back again.

I was looking at the video and trying to understand.
Do you have a Doge Charger? Like I understand the Echo sliding and so (not even sure it comes with ABS that car)...but with your new winter tires and ABS, you should have been able to avoid it ? Either by braking (which is what you did) and steer or by accelerating.
What happen exactly ?
I don't blame you, but from the video it seemed for me you could have avoid it and I was curious to understand maybe there are other factors.
Black ice is probably the most dangerous driving condition for me. I can't think about something more dangerous, because hitting a patch of black ice is like winning the jack pot . SURPRIZE !
Watch out there for tomorrow's or next week black ice...it's back again.

ouais ouais s'est si facile dire sa après ...........

faute pas faute ca change pas grand chose dans ton dossier d'assurance....se qui reste dans le dossier c'est combien de réclamation d'assurance sont relier a ton noms..

meme si toi tu reclame pas et l'autre impliquee reclame ...ca fait une réclamation a ton dossier..

Et que tu soit responsable ou pas ca change pas qui qui paie c'est TA compagnie d'assurance qui paie

et etre reponsable ou pas change meme pas le deductible la pluspart du temps....

les types c'est avec collision ou pas

ps .. ca change un peu si tu est assurer full ou pas comme on dits

http://www.infoassurance.ca/fr/vehicule/automobile/indemnisation/

http://www.gaa.qc.ca/documents/convention_franc.pdf

Back