Faillite DPB Napierville: Auction Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pour lui, il serait mieux qu'il se cache dans un trou très profond. Avoir été sur place et avoir été témoin de cette manigance, j'aurais appelé to-the-go la SQ. Oh oui, il y aurait eu une présence policière promptement, tu peux lui assurer sur ce point. Qu'il le sache bien: Ici, les utilisateurs fréquentant ce forum sont dans tous les milieux... dont dans les milieux policiers et juridiques.

Jai deja rempli mon signalement a la sq.

Also danny., what would happen is that they would start the bidding and then saying after a few bids "ohhh yeah its BY items" and they would not take low bids so lets say those cheap badges that were sold for 6$ each because he would not accept people bidding 1-2$ on each they were like 34 of them its a lot of 34 but priced by the items so refusing to take bids below 5$ for some crappy item which cost 3$ on ebay. Same with those propane tanks they are two for 8,99 at walmart but starting bid was always minimun 5$ so they sold the LOT of 2 pieces for 5$ a piece so add 12% and taxes goes up to 17$ for the two bottles

Most people did not know it was by the item cause they would say it once in a awhile. They also said we could split the lots like for the cans they were lets say 48 cans and i wanted 8 they refused to sell it separately stating that it had to be sold all together but on the orange paper it said 48mcx so 48pieces that could of been sold to 48 different bidders but yah they played with that the whole fucking day

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

Pour lui, il serait mieux qu'il se cache dans un trou très profond. Avoir été sur place et avoir été témoin de cette manigance, j'aurais appelé to-the-go la SQ. Oh oui, il y aurait eu une présence policière promptement, tu peux lui assurer sur ce point. Qu'il le sache bien: Ici, les utilisateurs fréquentant ce forum sont dans tous les milieux... dont dans les milieux policiers et juridiques.

Merci pour votre message. Est-ce que vous avez un incident précis qui n'était pas mentionner déjà que je peut ajouter?

Merci pour votre message. Est-ce que vous avez un incident précis qui n'était pas mentionner déjà que je peut ajouter?

On peut aussi ajouté qui on arrêter l'encan deux fois pcq leur phantom bidder il le voyait plus pcq yetais parti pissé pi lautre fois parti dehors.

I've compiled a list of names of people who brought up specific complaints about the auction. These points will all be addressed by the person responsible.

User: drift.mechanic

Summary (please correct if necessary): Starting prices too high, final selling prices too high, inconsistent increments, not enough lots sold individually or refused to sell individually, refusing bids, shouldn't have charged 12% auction tax, gave a lot away for free.

User: ravenblackr1

Summary (please correct if necessary): dismissing a $1 bid, accepting bids in small increments, knockoff items at the auction, final selling prices too high, phantom bids.

User: arimat

Summary (please correct if necessary): Guy being paid by auction to bid via hand signal, tax numbers invalid.

User: lethalavirex

Summary (please correct if necessary): $5 starting bids not warranted, auctioneer raised the price by himself, starting bids close to item cost, didn't know if it should have been sold by LOT or by item, refused $1 bid on a mag.

As for the "cost too high" part, that comes with the auction imo. It's the starting bids that bothered me. My example is: I asked ravenblackr1 to bid on a gps/backup camera combo for me, the lot comes up, and Paul starts at $20. Right away the auctioneer says "come on, that's too low, fifty starts it. Do I hear fifty.". Wtf?!? It 2 supposed to be a no reserve auction, how is $20 to low?

Also danny., what would happen is that they would start the bidding and then saying after a few bids "ohhh yeah its BY items" and they would not take low bids so lets say those cheap badges that were sold for 6$ each because he would not accept people bidding 1-2$ on each they were like 34 of them its a lot of 34 but priced by the items so refusing to take bids below 5$ for some crappy item which cost 3$ on ebay. Same with those propane tanks they are two for 8,99 at walmart but starting bid was always minimun 5$ so they sold the LOT of 2 pieces for 5$ a piece so add 12% and taxes goes up to 17$ for the two bottles

Most people did not know it was by the item cause they would say it once in a awhile. They also said we could split the lots like for the cans they were lets say 48 cans and i wanted 8 they refused to sell it separately stating that it had to be sold all together but on the orange paper it said 48mcx so 48pieces that could of been sold to 48 different bidders but yah they played with that the whole fucking day

Thank you. If I understand correctly, you wanted large lots of 48 pieces to be sold individually but they were not? Also, an item started off by being sold individually but was then sold as a lot after someone bid on a single one?

As for the "cost too high" part, that comes with the auction imo. It's the starting bids that bothered me. My example is: I asked ravenblackr1 to bid on a gps/backup camera combo for me, the lot comes up, and Paul starts at $20. Right away the auctioneer says "come on, that's too low, fifty starts it. Do I hear fifty.". Wtf?!? It 2 supposed to be a no reserve auction, how is $20 to low?

Understood. No reserve items starting with at an arbitrary cost set by the auction without having a pre-pid.

J'ai eu une discussion très constructive avec la personne responsable de la vente aux enchères. Je lui ai demandé de répondre à chaque post que quelqu'un qui a des préoccupations au sujet de la façon dont la vente a été exécuté. J'ai documentation concernant les règles, les numéros d'impôt, l'entreprise responsable et même les commentaires donnés au debut de l'encan en ma possession qui serai poster.

Une réponse vous sera conçu et publié ici sous 24-48h. Dans ce temps, je voudrais demander que personne ne continuent à basher l'encan. Vous avez tous fait vos accusations et ils recevront une réponse. Il n'est pas nécessaire d'aggraver encore la situation.

Sur une note personnelle, le gars est vraiment choqué par la réponse ici. Il a été en affaires depuis 25 ans et a construit une grande réputation pour lui-même. Pour risker tout pour un encan de ce grandeur ne fait pas beaucoup de sens pour lui.

Je pense qu'une fois que sa réponse est affiché, beaucoup de vos esprits vont changer. S'il y a encore des préoccupations, les gens seront invités à voir sa documentation et d'obtenir une explication en personne.

Merci

==================================

I just had a very constructive discussion with the person responsible for the auction. I've asked him to address each post form someone that was there who has a concern about the way the auction was run. I have documentation regarding rules, tax numbers, company responsible and even the auctioneers speech in my possession which I'll be posting.

A reply will be crafted and posted here within 24-48h. In the mean time, I would ask that nobody continue to bash the auction. You've all made your accusations and they will be responded to. There is no need to further worsen the situation.

On a personal note, the guy is truly shocked at the response here. He has been in business for 25 years and has built a great reputation for himself. To risk it by running a shady auction of this size doesn't make much sense.

I think once his response is posted, many of your minds will change. If there are still not any concerns, people will be invited to see his documentation and get an explanation in person.

I hope this is satisfactory for everyone. I hate to see it when MR members feel like they got taken advantage of and I'll do everything I can to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by lethalavirex View Post

Thank you. If I understand correctly, you wanted large lots of 48 pieces to be sold individually but they were not? Also, an item started off by being sold individually but was then sold as a lot after someone bid on a single one?

Quote Originally Posted by DannyITR View Post
I've compiled a list of names of people who brought up specific complaints about the auction. These points will all be addressed by the person responsible.

User: drift.mechanic

Summary (please correct if necessary): Starting prices too high, final selling prices too high, inconsistent increments, not enough lots sold individually or refused to sell individually, refusing bids, shouldn't have charged 12% auction tax, gave a lot away for free.

User: ravenblackr1

Summary (please correct if necessary): dismissing a $1 bid, accepting bids in small increments, knockoff items at the auction, final selling prices too high, phantom bids.

User: arimat

Summary (please correct if necessary): Guy being paid by auction to bid via hand signal, tax numbers invalid.

User: lethalavirex

Summary (please correct if necessary): $5 starting bids not warranted, auctioneer raised the price by himself, starting bids close to item cost, didn't know if it should have been sold by LOT or by item, refused $1 bid on a mag.

Understood. No reserve items starting with at an arbitrary cost set by the auction without having a pre-pid.

Danny...

You and i have known each other personally for the better part of 15 years. I promise you that everything said here is true and to the point. That being said there is something that is bothering me in the statement he made to you and that is that hes been in business for 25 years and has built a great reputation for himself! I guarantee you that if his name was mentioned right now you would here the complete opposite from anybody who has ever dealt with him... Including my self! hence the comments made by myself and LTcrazy in the quote below.

In hindsight i should have got back in my tuck and left as soon as i saw who was running the auction, but you live and learn.

All I have to say is...waste of time!

Like many have said, I should have left when I seen who was running things!!!

The lots were all sold together but priced by items so what ever price X the quantity at the beginning they more then one bidder could win the lot and split the amount of product they wanted lets say i wanted 8 on the 48 pieces i could but when it did came up they forced us to keep bidding and then refused to split the lot

Danny, I'll put it in bullet point:

- Inconsistent starting bids (refused low initial bids which resulted in 2 lots not selling because the only offer was 1$) Which brings me to my next point:
- Held a reserve on items that had NO reserve (refused to take opening bids below cost on most items)
- Claims he would separate lots of multiple items in his initial reply to you but refused to do so at the auction (JVC/Sony cameras, paint cans, headlights, seats) The only time he separated a lot was with the Honda Civic exhaust. They were auctioning 1 item which turned out to be a lot of 2. The buyer of the lot refused to buy both so they polled the buyers to find another buyer for the same price (185$ I believe).
- Utilized the help of someone to raise the prices on lots (spotted by all). When that backfired he switched tactics to (my next point):
- Shelf bids from buyers not even present, which coincidentally, all shelf bids matched cost on all items (ex: Turbo, seats, sub woofers, etc). Also very peculiar, it was the same 3 numbers being rotated when a shelf bid was called.
- Issuing invoices with a bankrupt company name and another company's tax ID numbers
- Giving away a lot of camera accessories (an item I was looking to purchase)

Perhaps this is the first time in 25 years people actually go together and complained about shady dealing?

The biggest deal that bothers me, although I wasn't at the auction is the tax numbers..

no, what he means is that the lot was for multiple units but the price of the auction/bids were for one item only. Once you "win", you have to multiply the amount by the number of items in the whole batch.
So basically, if the lot is for 48 cheap items that you would not pay more than 2-3$ for, he would start the bid at 5$ (his minimum bid)... and that meant 5$ each, not 5$ per item, which is useless on low value items...

no, what he means is that the lot was for multiple units but the price of the auction/bids were for one item only. Once you "win", you have to multiply the amount by the number of items in the whole batch.
So basically, if the lot is for 48 cheap items that you would not pay more than 2-3$ for, he would start the bid at 5$ (his minimum bid)... and that meant 5$ each, not 5$ per item, which is useless on low value items...

Exactly i suck so bad in english lol

Saturday at 5pm, I started this thread.

We're now going on Wednesday, and we're nowhere closer to having anything resolved.

This person was aware of the thread review on his auction and has chosen to post nothing in his defense. They've had 4 days to speak up and clear the air, but still, no response in direct correlation with our concerns and observations. A very vague initial response was sent to Danny, which explained absolutely nothing.

Now, apparently, Danny has spoken with the individual again and has a more concise reply in regards to our complaints. Once again, channeled through an intermediary (Danny) and not right to us, the people complaining.

Out of sheer curiosity, I'm going to postpone my complaint with the SQ and OPC until tomorrow late afternoon. As mentioned above, this is going on day 5.

I think the grace period is over. We've been more than fair

popcorn_yes.gif

MAN YOUR BATTLE STATIONS!
This is it, I don't see how the auctioneer would have anything to clarify..... I don't see why you guys are waiting for an response before filing an complaint to the SQ. you have proof from any people here, just go before it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back