Faillite DPB Napierville: Auction Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very sorry to hear a lot of people feel like it was a scam. The auction bought advertising on MR to get the word out but this is the extent of my relationship with the event. I wasn't there so I have no way of knowing what happened other than word of mouth. If what is being said is true it would be very unfortuante indeed. I will see if I can get a rebuttal to the accusations this week.

The thing is, when you create a thread about it with your username, it's like you're personally endorsing them, not the site...

I would suggest you let the companies make their own threads. Getting paid to have your reputation Ruined doesn't really net you any real capital gain in the end.

+1 IMO if that had been just a sponsored post we would have all known it was a paid ad. I didn't think it was a paid gig as it was posted by Danny

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

All that was said in the above quotes by the OP is true.

- The guy running the auction who will remain nameless was phantoming bids on the larger ticket items, and when he wasn't doing that he was talking to people instead of calling out the lot numbers and giving descriptions.
- It was a complete and utter cluster f**k... Certain items were not being bid on at all and when someone would throw out a $1.00 bid, The head auctioneer would dismiss it! He even made a point of saying they would not sell anything for less than $5.00!!!At one point the head auctioneer took a break and his partner stepped in, and on two lots he was accepting 1/4 bids ($12.50) just to get as much as possible, before being told by the head auctioneer to stop that and only raise in $5.00 amounts.
- A ton of the stock were Chinese knock offs being sold as HKS or other name brands!
- And a lot of the stock was sold way above msrp tax included.

I am i know way complaining about the prices! if people are willing to pay them, that's there problem. However... To lie and be inconsistent with the bidding process and the products is a huge lack of dishonesty and malpractice!!!

Overall is was the worst auction i have been too!!! In hindsight i should have got back in my tuck and left as soon as i saw who was running the auction, but you live and learn.

That sums it up pretty accurately. The bid requirements were inconsistent demanding 5$ minimum bids one second, and accepting 2$ increments the next.
Not to mention, on a few occasions, the auctioneers would refuse to sell an item for 5$, which was the maximum initial bid submitted. It was a NO-RESERVE auction, and frankly, the auctioneer had no right to refuse the bids.

ALSO, on one occasion, the auctioneer decided to include a secondary lot to someone AT NO ADDITIONAL COST.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but refusing bids on a NO-RESERVE AUCTION, and INCLUDING ITEMS FOR FREE on other lots, but wouldn't that be a malpractice on the auctioneers part? He doesn't decide what the minimal value of an object is, his job is simple, talk fast and sell the junk to the highest, and sometimes ONLY, bidder.

Lol.... This was definitely not the case with this auction!

hahahahaha, that's a good one! I can point out at least 4 lies in that message alone.

Quote "Some of the products are sold one by one, Other lots may contain several products. Once the high bid wins, auctioneer asks him how many he would like . If the client only wants one he can take one piece, then the auctioneer asks the croud if anybody else wants the same product at the same price."
------> The only time the auctioneer gave the opportunity to more than one buyer to purchase a lot of 2 items, was with the Ebay exhaust system for a 1992-2000 Honda Civic. The only reason the auctioneer did this: The auctioneer forgot to mention it was a lot of 2 items and the original buyer refused to buy both for astronomical price the exhaust sold for. At that point, the auctioneer polled the buyers to find another sucker to pay the matching bid for the second item. One every other lot that had more than 2 of the same item, THE AUCTIONEER REFUSED TO SPLIT THE LOTS, PURCHASE THEM ALL OR DON'T BIT. Everyone in the room heard it, RavenBlackR1 can confirm.

L'encanteur était le syndic de faillite?

Si oui il on un code de déontologie à respecter et vous pouvez porter plainte.

L'histoire du faux numéro de taxes= dénoncer cela à Revenu-Québec, il vont se faire vérifier.

Vraiment poche de voir des ti-crosseurs. Vous perdez votre journée à aller à Napierville pour faire des deals et au net il charge plus cher, crosse le système, crosse le gouvernement et vous mêmes en vous faisant payer faussement les taxes et ils mentent sur les produits. C'est rendu de la fraude, je considérerait même porter plainte à la police.

Être la bas j'aurais peter une criss de coche.

Ca commence a etre serieux si c'est bien le cas.
Demain matin, je regarde ca. J'ai ma facture en main et je ferai la recherche sur les numeros de taxes.
CHOSE INTERESSANTE: Je vien de voir sur la facture qu'il n'y a pas de nom, ou numero d'entreprise/d'encan. Aussi, il n'y a aucun numero de contact pour l'entreprise/l'encan sauf les informations du DPB qui a fait fallite.
Tres pratique!

Si jamais les numeros de taxes ne sont pas enregistrer, Danny vas recevoir un PM exigeant les informations pour les contacter. I'll keep everyone posted without posting names, company/auction name and tax ID numbers yet.

Avez vous acheter quelque chose a l'encan?

Did you purchase something at the auction?

Why do I have this gut feeling that purchasing something at this auction is going to turn out to be a horrible nightmare?

i understand that Danny probably get money to do this comercial on MR , but honestly i passed by auction once from MR and its was my LAST !!!! All this shops are just over fkng priced . with 5% 10% when price is double compare to other places .

So never Again for me !!!

Why are you afraid to release this auctioneer's FULL and COMPLETE name?

AWARE us so we can avoid this individual and all the scumbags around him

Why are you afraid to release this auctioneer's FULL and COMPLETE name?

AWARE us so we can avoid this individual and all the scumbags around him

I may be wrong, but I believe it's because the person/company responsible for this auction is a forum sponsor/vendor.

Tbh, my resoning is because I want to:
1) see if what was done (tax thing) is in fact illegal.
2) give the person an opportunity to defend himself before being "exposed"

Why was his thread closed?

I've merged the other guy's thread into this one.

The thing is, when you create a thread about it with your username, it's like you're personally endorsing them, not the site...

I would suggest you let the companies make their own threads. Getting paid to have your reputation Ruined doesn't really net you any real capital gain in the end.

It was a mistake to make the auction post using my own name since it looks like a personal endorsement. I'll be making a rule moving forward that any sponsored post will need to be done by the company themselves.

Danny i would even make it rule to add a disclosure at the end of each posted thread saying :

MR AND/or dannyitr doesnt endorse any of this and this message was PAID by xyz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Oui il etait crosseur en criss

Mais oui le prix de depart a 5$ sur plusieurs items sa avait aucun sens aussi moi aussi deux fois j'ai vu des gars de l'encan faire monter le prix.

Lesti qui callais la description et qui mettais des prix de depart la pluspart du temps au prix du COST du produit pour pas finir en dessous. Cetait mal organiser ils savent pas la pluspart du temps si cetait par item ou en LOT. Il vendaient un mag au debut UN mag personne voulait bidder 5$ dessus jai offer 1$ sont parti a rire et refuser mon bid il l'ont jamais

La pluspart des radio clarion se sont vendu au prix de detail tajoute 12% de frais de dencan les taxes 16% pisi tu paye par credit 4% de frais tu fini par payer le meme prix que chez futureshop mais ta une garantie

Le prix de depart a toute bout de champ cetais tjrs lacheteur 117 cest lui qui a fait faillite esti. Des gars de napierville la reconnu meme si il avait des lunettes fume un mendonner ye parti pi le gars qui mettais les prix de depart donnais toujours son numero quand le coker lui demandais

Posted via Topify using Android

Last edited:
Combien tu gages que le dude 117 est sur le forum live là en train de lire le thread et rire dans sa barbe?

Je dis on sors les torches pis les fourches pis on part à chasse à sorcière jusqu'à ce qu'on retrouve son identité, pis après on le troll.

Last edited:
That auction sounds bad, but from my experience,most auctions where the "general public" can go, people get caught up in the frenzy and prices go out of wack with reality.

Sa speut ben mais ques tu veut faire

Oui il etait crosseur en criss

Mais oui le prix de depart a 5$ sur plusieurs items sa avait aucun sens aussi moi aussi deux fois j'ai vu des gars de l'encan faire monter le prix.

Lesti qui callais la description et qui mettais des prix de depart la pluspart du temps au prix du COST du produit pour pas finir en dessous. Cetait mal organiser ils savent pas la pluspart du temps si cetait par item ou en LOT. Il vendaient un mag au debut UN mag personne voulait bidder 5$ dessus jai offer 1$ sont parti a rire et refuser mon bid il l'ont jamais

La pluspart des radio clarion se sont vendu au prix de detail tajoute 12% de frais de dencan les taxes 16% pisi tu paye par credit 4% de frais tu fini par payer le meme prix que chez futureshop mais ta une garantie

Le prix de depart a toute bout de champ cetais tjrs lacheteur 117 cest lui qui a fait faillite esti. Des gars de napierville la reconnu meme si il avait des lunettes fume un mendonner ye parti pi le gars qui mettais les prix de depart donnais toujours son numero quand le coker lui demandais

Combien tu gages que le dude 117 est sur le forum live là en train de lire le thread et rire dans sa barbe?

Je dis on sors les torches pis les fourches pis on part à chasse à sorcière jusqu'à ce qu'on retrouve son identité, pis après on le troll.

Last edited:
J'suis allé a des encans du gouvernement, comme falafel disait. Les gens sont tellement cons quand ils participent a ce genre d'événements... Ils deviennent émotionnels, "OH JE VEUX GAGNER JVAIS MISER 4000$ DE PLUS QUE CE QUE SA VAUT EN ENCAN OUUUUI", and hell breaks loose. J'voulais sortir avec un Suburban, 350 000km, ca vallait pas plus que 3500$. C'est sorti de la a fucking 12 000$!!!! Ca m'étonne vraiment pas que l'encan de DPB soit mal tournée...

Le seul encan j'suis allé, c'était un encan de magasion d'ordi qui fermait.
Les prix de départ était annoncé PAR le propriétaire qui fermait son magasin pour prendre sa retraite.
Certains lots des vieilles pieces ont sortie avec un prix beaucoup plus élevé qu'une pieces neuve. (un lot d'une 15aine de HDD IDE de 2-3go qui par a 200$...)
Pi le monde qui overbidait avait une face de "BEST DEAL EVER"
C'est ce qui arrive quand tu bid sur des chose dont ta aucune connaissance, ni de pret, ni de loin.. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back