Photos de votre maison...?

Yes. With a 1 year old!

More like sleeping there though. My parents live close, so he goes to their place after daycare, and we eat there.

I am hoping to be done in 3 weeks, then it's getting the floors sanded and I am done for the year. All that is left to redo is the ground floor bathroom, but we will be expanding it to make it 10x20.

impressive change. any pictures of the kitchen "before". drôle de mode de faire une pièce "fermée" cuisine.
good job pour vivre là avec un kid.

En même temps c'est tellement malade d'avoir 3 murs complets d'armoires, c'est BEAUCOUP de rangement!

Chez nous c'est comme ca mais le côté pas de mur donne sur le salon à air ouvert donc sa donne pas l'impression que la cuisine est "fermée", ici je vois pas sur quelle pièce sa donne par contre probablement la salle à manger

We were pretty limited on design due to the rest of of the house layout. If we had taken down the wall with the pantries, we would have lost the only wall in the living room for the tv, shelves etc...

20200814_101607.jpg

la TV tu la met au dessus du foyer ;)

It was there, but then the couch acts as a room divider. We want to have the couch against the window to keep the space open. I also have a turntable audio set up, and mounting those speakers on the fireplace wall starts to look extremely busy.

I guess it's also lifestyle. Other than Friday or Saturday night, I cook a weeks worth of breakfast lunch and dinner on Sunday afternoon, so during week days I'm only in the kitchen for 5 minutes reheating stuff. That gym bro meal prep life.

It was there, but then the couch acts as a room divider. We want to have the couch against the window to keep the space open. I also have a turntable audio set up, and mounting those speakers on the fireplace wall starts to look extremely busy.

J'espere tu est pas orienté sud dans cette fenetre...bonjour les reflet dans la tv toute la journée :( (J'ai deja vecu ca: pire setup ever!!...ou rideau toujours fermer:( )

Opposite! The patio door is south, it lets in tons of light. Every picture up has no lights on obviously. We only really need them after full sunset.

combien de spot pour quelle grandeur?

Des spots au combien de '' ?

J'essais de figuré pour la mienne présentement (qui va être une réno sans changé les cabinet)
Ça éclairé pas mal des spot quand même.

Nous pour 8*12 on en a 3 et 2 luminaires qui descendent au dessus de l'îlot et l'éclairage est parfait à mon goût.

73ecea4240cb14a88fc796c5b19fd52b.jpg

It is just a "burnt corner". We came to a point where we had enough storage not to justify trying to add a corner in there. We were trying to go for a clean straight line (the microwave/vent is flush with the cabinets, and will do a pop color backsplash. The proportions look really off because of the fisheye. I will get some others.

Lights are 8 4" space between 28 and 32 depending on which wall. Should be more than enough, but they are dimmable.

Different angle.

I've said it a few times, but this was not a dream kitchen, this was a very user friendly no nonsense add reasonable value to a house kitchen. We plan on moving in the next few years, and seeing houses sell for 250k more than we paid in less than a week was a motivator.

20200814_171555.jpg

Different angle.

I've said it a few times, but this was not a dream kitchen, this was a very user friendly no nonsense add reasonable value to a house kitchen. We plan on moving in the next few years, and seeing houses sell for 250k more than we paid in less than a week was a motivator.

View attachment 44750
Stop buying Starbucks you'll be rich :D

(P.s. coming from someone who probably spend more than all MR combined there in a year ahah)

En même temps c'est tellement malade d'avoir 3 murs complets d'armoires, c'est BEAUCOUP de rangement!

Chez nous c'est comme ca mais le côté pas de mur donne sur le salon à air ouvert donc sa donne pas l'impression que la cuisine est "fermée", ici je vois pas sur quelle pièce sa donne par contre probablement la salle à manger

Je faisais référence à l'ancienne configuration qui avait seulement un "trou de porte" pour entrer dans la cuisine. C'est pas mal mieux comme ça avec un mur en moins.

dommage pour le coin perdu dans la cuisine. Si jamais tu peux l'utiliser de l'autre côté pour faire des tablette encastrée dans le mur dans le salon ou quelque chose du genre. Pourquoi le mur entre la cuisine et le salon est si épais?

Back