What ET to shoot for next year with current setup?

dinel

Hi guys, my car has been down all season as I was performing some major overhauls and upgrades. Next year I would like to take it to the strip and as it will be my first go at it I'm hoping the MR community can help set my expectations in terms of what type of times I should aim for. Also any tips you guys could offer to better prep the car for the drag strip.

Setup in progress:

1st gen RX7, 2100lbs 500WHP
13B-REW, aggressive street port
FC tranny, stock rebuild
OS Giken twin clutch
Borg Warner S366
Megasquirt MS2 powered with launch control
Sumped tank feeding A1000 pushing fuel at 8000cc's of injector
Water/methanol injection
Toyota 8" rear end with Supra MK3 LSD, 4.30 gears, 4 link

Have not purchased tires yet for next season. Fairly limited as I have not made any fender modifications. Running 225/45/15 on the street. Will be looking for some slicks.

..lets discuss!

2100# with driver? this thing should do hi-9 eazy if you can Hook it. you should able to fit 26x8,5 slicks with a little hammering, drag radials are a waist of time when running 5 speed. i'm doing a 1st gen ls turbo swap with a glide in a couple of weeks, we'll try to keep it stock suspension type with ajustements and mini tubs (to fit 26x10,5).i'll keep you posted, good luck with you project.

Thats 2100lbs without driver, gutted interior. No fuel in the tank either. I was thinking since it will be my first year out if I am consistently in the mid ten's this will be a huge achievement.

I would love to see your project so keep me posted. Looking at the car it will be pretty tough to retain the stock 4 link mounting with mini tubs. Will probably need to bring them inboard. If I like the way yours turns out maybe you could help me squeeze fatter tires under mine. Not sure what rear you are considering but the Toyota 8" from the correct year pickup or 4runner fits stock width. Lots of gear options and spools available as well.

mid ten should be a walk in the park! we,re going ford 8.8, narrowed of course! those toyotas 8" are quite solid, we've hammered them off-road with large rubbers and they stood like champs. you don't have choice to relocate shocks inboard with minitubs, the farther outside the better. i have the brackets all figured out already, we'll lengthen the arms by moving diff bracket on the back of the diff to minimize unwanted geometry change thru suspension cycle.

Just trying to get the same time my friend got with my setup 2years ago. 13.49s

By comeback to origin:
-Les agressive cams,
-Longer(bigger) intake
-Increase CR

Right now:
16V Megasquirt
kent cams 296°
ITB,s
12:1 CR
Staying atmospheric (because still faster than my turboed setup)

Back