Budget track car

Status
Not open for further replies.

android25ua

Recently started raving about track car builds and lapping (again... lol)

Without really being able to make it happen (again...) because university and that poverty engineering student life...

What car would you pick for a budget track/street legal mobile?

For me it would have to be an N/A engine for sure. I think high revs belong to the track and are reminiscent of classsic racing.

To be more specific I would love to build an e30 with a b25 or b35 swap, suspension work and 16s-17s with some meaty rubber. I also wouldn't strip the interior, max i would do is seats...

Option 2 would be a Miata with suspension work and breathing for the motor. Also 16-17s with grippy rubber.

02.jpg

Edmunds-feature-on-track.jpg

You?

I'd either go for a miata for that top down lapping life or go for an EG hatch for that budget track life, but I feel it would be impossible to find a truly mint shell.

EG or CRX with GSR/Type R engine

The E30 will kill your budget with the maintenance; everything break on a track car.

ef/eg/ek civic would be the best choise for low budget, all you need is b18/b20 with sir tranny or a b16, coilovers,brakes. tires and youre good to go

Since you're looking for a oldeer days track car, don't go over 15 inch. This is the best advice to anybody with an ef/ej/ek/miata/E30 etc...

Also you want somethinf reliable that you don't have to spend all your money on it and doesn't take all of your time to fix. Drive, don't wrench.

I'd get a 88-00 civic with goodies could be a fun track car.

As for me next summer i'm getting rid of my 19s and coilovers. Going with 17s and a cup kit on my GTi.

A civic would be the best option for a cheap reliable track car. Anything up to 00 pretty much, even an Integra would be good too.

I agree with ALL the Honda suggestions... the reason I didn't talk about it is because how often they get stolen... thats one thing and the other is fwd. I dont know how crucial that last part is to a lapping maniac but hey :p

Recently started raving about track car builds and lapping (again... lol)

Without really being able to make it happen (again...) because university and that poverty engineering student life...

What car would you pick for a budget track/street legal mobile?

For me it would have to be an N/A engine for sure. I think high revs belong to the track and are reminiscent of classsic racing.

To be more specific I would love to build an e30 with a b25 or b35 swap, suspension work and 16s-17s with some meaty rubber. I also wouldn't strip the interior, max i would do is seats...

Option 2 would be a Miata with suspension work and breathing for the motor. Also 16-17s with grippy rubber.

02.jpg

Edmunds-feature-on-track.jpg

You?

16-17s on a miata ... mmkkaay

IMO for a track car I would want RWD and nothing else.

whatever performance the fwd gives, I would prefer the feeling of a RWD on the track

>what Alex said for wheel size<
and great advice from everybody so far IMO.

if you fear that Honda's are too much sought after, get a miata and keep it sleeper, won't draw too much attention if you do it right.

lost if fun to have with a FWD for lapping, surprisingly fast with the right set-up and get an LSD, you won't regret it.

Miata stock et laide : environ 3-4000$
hard top : 500$
roll bar Hard dog : 500$
mag et pneu : 700$ dans le used
suspenssion : (koni + GC) 800$ ou des coilover used (500-600$)
intake:exhaust timming pour aller cherché 10 force lol: 3-400$
pad de frein Hawks Hp+ 200$

Total : environ 5700$
le sourir dans ta face a chaque tour de piste = priceless

Miata stock et laide : environ 3-4000$
hard top : 500$
roll bar Hard dog : 500$
mag et pneu : 700$ dans le used
suspenssion : (koni + GC) 800$ ou des coilover used (500-600$)
intake:exhaust timming pour aller cherché 10 force lol: 3-400$
pad de frein Hawks Hp+ 200$

Total : environ 5700$
le sourir dans ta face a chaque tour de piste = priceless

Hard top?? roll bar?? pas vraiment essentiel, mais huile a frein oui!

je croyais que le roll bar était obligatoire pour la track sur les convertibles?

mais pas le hard top par contre

???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back