Monte Carlo 78

badbones

Legacy Member
Salut les pottes !
J'viens de me procurrer un Carlo '78!

Le body est sain , le frame est sain et le 302 est brulé pas mal!

Je bande a l'idée d'avoir un LS1 dedans , mais convertir le tout a injection , ca doit être un pita.

Quel serait le best , mettons 300hp safe avec le moins de fuck possible ??

(j'connais pas grand chose aux domestics :( )

302? C'est surement un vieux 305 dedans.

En tout cars je sais que c'est typique mais un 350 bien monter ca serra facile et performant.

boom! merci les gars!!
J'poseterai des pics après l'avoir shiné un peu!!
Le body , malgré les 35 ans , est plus droit que mon sentra 2006 aux oeufs sti :p

un moteur 5.3l ou 6.0l facile a trouver, complet, avec filage et tout, 315 hp pour le 5.3 ou 330 pour le 6.0l, facile a faire plus de 500 hp avec un 6.0l avec quelque upgrade(tete ls3 et intake ls3) et tres facile a tuned, j'ai un pote qui fait ca les doight dans le nez avec hp tuner.

un moteur 5.3l ou 6.0l facile a trouver, complet, avec filage et tout, 315 hp pour le 5.3 ou 330 pour le 6.0l, facile a faire plus de 500 hp avec un 6.0l avec quelque upgrade(tete ls3 et intake ls3) et tres facile a tuned, j'ai un pote qui fait ca les doight dans le nez avec hp tuner.
Un de mes chums va faire le meeme swap! Super easy d'aller cherché 500hp et +
Bloc LQ4+Tetes L92+Intate Fast LSX et quelques autres bolt-on.

The LS series swap is rather simple for fuel injection and IMO the best way to go. I'd retain the drive by wire.I have a comprehensive spreadsheet I made for my Camaro last week. LXX vs Carb setup, the LS series was about 700$ more and I won't have to deal with ancient technology. You can find the standalone wiring harnesses on ebay for 300-400$ depending if you want automatic or not.

I wouldn't bother with a 4.8L or 5.3. Go for the 6.0L. Ebay seems like a good choice for engines as everything local is overpriced. For the intake etc look on LS1tech or Vette forums.

Only a fool would slap a carb on a LS engine.

depends on how you plan to use it. if your gonna drive the ever loving shit out of the car from april to november, efi. if your just gonna take it out from time to time, get a carb setup.

depends on how you plan to use it. if your gonna drive the ever loving shit out of the car from april to november, efi. if your just gonna take it out from time to time, get a carb setup.

Why not just go EFI in the first place and not have to worry about an ancient fuel delivery system?.. Imagine having a car that is reliable, gets good mileage and shocker not having to fiddle around with adjustments. Sorry but putting a carb on an LS engine is something that only a clueless redneck would do because they can't put in a simple wiring harness.

The LS series swap is rather simple for fuel injection and IMO the best way to go. I'd retain the drive by wire.I have a comprehensive spreadsheet I made for my Camaro last week. LXX vs Carb setup, the LS series was about 700$ more and I won't have to deal with ancient technology. You can find the standalone wiring harnesses on ebay for 300-400$ depending if you want automatic or not.

I wouldn't bother with a 4.8L or 5.3. Go for the 6.0L. Ebay seems like a good choice for engines as everything local is overpriced. For the intake etc look on LS1tech or Vette forums.

Only a fool would slap a carb on a LS engine.

only a clueless redneck would do because they can't put in a simple wiring harness.

I have a spreadsheet and calculated that most interweb experts are pompous fools. I guess I am just too dumb for that high tech stuff like wiring .......

Last edited:
Back