Forum member Nicolas Munn Dies in Vermont Car Accident

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
Very sad news to report. Nicolas was an active forum member. My condolences to friends and family.

http://www.wcax.com/story/23625203/two-quebec-men-die-after-accident-in-berlin-nh

BURLINGTON, Vt. - Two Quebec men died in a crash on I-89 in Berlin Sunday.

Police say 23-year-old Nicolas Munn of Mont Royal was headed northbound when he lost control, and his BMW slammed into rock ledges on the side of the road.

Both Munn and his passenger 21-year-old Timothy Pirro were transported to Fletcher Allen Hospital where they later died from their injuries.

Police are still investigating the crash.

From Comments:
My daughter and I were among the first on the scene. She is an RN and, along with chbski and others, attended to Nicholas and Timothy as best she could. I was driving a 4WD BMW, and started to hydroplane at the same place they did, so I agree with all who have noted the terrible and unexpected road conditions. My daughter noted that she did not see any sign of airbags deploying, which may be due to the rear-end nature of the collision. No doubt this has deeply affected all of us who were there. Our hearts are with Tim and Nick's friends and family.

First, my heart goes out to the families and friends of these 2 young men. I was likely the only witness of the accident 2 nights ago. Traveling North on I89 I found my vehicle hydroplaning even though it wasn't raining very hard. It was the 1st time I had noticed standing water in the road all day. I was able to maintain control but the 2 men in the BMW in front of me where not. The car careened off the right side of the highway and began to spin hitting a vertical rock outcrop rear end first and square. The vehicle came to an immediate stop. I was obviously the first on the scene and the first to the car. Both men were unconscious and the passenger, Timothy, to whom I attended was bleeding from a few facial injuries. Both labored to breath but had fairly strong pulses. Both had been wearing seatbelts. I had passed or been passed by these guys on at least 2 occasions.`

It is my opinion that they were driving safely considering the road conditions. I was traveling 65mph+/-5 for most of previous 30 min I was on 89 and it can be surmised that they were traveling roughly the same speed. Rain had been intermittent but I hydroplaned it was only sprinkling and the change in road conditions certainly caught me off guard. 65 to 0 is a really bad thing and these fellas were dealt a bad hand. I think there was little they could have done to avoid this. Just awful luck. RIP Timothy & Nicholas... thoughts of you and your families weigh heavily.

RIP

Rear End Collision = High G Forces = :(

Very sad news, I hate finding out the passing of forum members. My prayers go out to their families and loved ones. RIP Nicholas

I would also like to know his user ID as I relate a lot more to user ID's then actual names but there probably were't that many guys on here with a BMW from that GEN in pretty good shape.

Were they there for a BMW event? Both the first responders and the witness were also driving BMW's

Last edited:
Yeah it was a Bimmer event, sorry to hear how it happened, maybe his tires were a bit used? At least they were wearing seatbelts and not driving like idiots. Seems like they were at the wrong place at the wrong time. RIP and my condolences to friends and family :(

Back