How to spot 'Fake' Brembo rotors

Good post! Just buy your stuff from a reputable company locally (in case there is a problem) and never have to worry about this kind of stuff happening.

The post is interesting, but very generalized. Back in the day when all Brembo jobber discs came from Italy- it was easy to tell the quality from junk. Now, Brembo itself is junk for the most part- in the aftermarket area, as the production has shifted to almost every 3rd world country.
Most Brembos we see in NA come from Mexico or Brazil- not Italy. The quality is just not the same. Even if the rotor has tell tale signs of being Brembo , as indicated in this thread- it guarantees nothing!
In addition, Chinese rotors have come a long way and when you pay the right price, you can find plenty of good stuff out there- which isn't Brembo.

Mountain discs- still Japanese and among the best, Zimmerman and Sebro- great German discs, as well as ATE. Pilenga and Kiriu also solid choices.

Thats said, you would be surprised to know how many light weight track cars I have supplied cheapo rotors for the track- and they work!!

Brembo- not what it used to be......

As I've already said in another topic, I always have cheap rotor on the Teg that I only use for lapping. In 5 years of lapping, I never ever had trouble with cheap (15$) rotor!

I bought a pair of AC Delco rotors at Perry Auto for my honda civic and they are still in a good condition ! My next set will be that for sure.

I use the AC Delco ones on my Civic too. At the price they cost, I just get a new set every time I change pads. They do the job perfectly.

The glowing ones in my avatar picture are these. They lasted for the same amount of time that any other rotor would have, without cracking.

Back