Mortgage Rates

Si le notaire est payé, c'est parce qu'il y a encore une marge a négociation. Un bon conseiller peut réussir à avoir le OK de la haute direction mais il va devoir apporter plus qu'une hypothèque pour ce client. Généralement la première affaire qu'ils vont aller chercher c'est les REER, ensuite une carte de crédit et un produit d'assurance. La Laurentienne par exemple peut manger 10 points de base en échange d'une carte de crédit mais à certaines conditions. C'est dommage car le client est prêt à accepter un peu n'importe quoi pour passer de 3.10 à 3.00 % mais il faut analyser toutes les variables car la banque ne va jamais vous faire de cadeau.

c'est vrai qu'il ne fond pas de cadeau mais c'est pas comme s'il me donnait de l'argent... en interet payé le notaire ce payes en 2 mois dans mon cas ... juste par principe aussi que si tu me veux comme client fait un effort, je payerais pas en plus du trouble que ca donne de changer d'institution ...

1.09% staff rate for 1 year but i just left the institution which will bring me back to 3.09%

Was fun while it lasted. Going to re-negociate very soon. I am aiming for 2.50% variable 3 years.

Dam that's really good!

I just got fixed at 2.9 5Y or 2.6 variable.
Guaranteed taking the fixed rate!

If you push hard enough you can get 2.5 varable on 3 years. Depending on what your mortgage amount is i think it might be worth the gamble. I doubt we will see rates move quickly. The situation here is not strong enough. As much as i hear that i will go up i would be surprised seing prime move in the next year and a half.

My personnal opinion obviously

I'd like to know where everyone is getting 2.9@ 5 year fixed as of now , I mean in the summer ya but now no way your telling me I can walk into a bank and get that rate .... I'm calling BS sorry.

I'd like to know where everyone is getting 2.9@ 5 year fixed as of now , I mean in the summer ya but now no way your telling me I can walk into a bank and get that rate .... I'm calling BS sorry.

exactly... the good rates now for 5 years unless you are walking in with over 100K in investment and take side products if you get anywhere from 3.49%-3.79% it is considered very good.

Last tuesday I locked with RBC 3.09% fixed for 5 years

Or 2.49% variable 3 years with RBC again

BMO was around 3.49%

And the funny part is I am customer with BMO since 5-6 years, never been with RBC, no investements nada...

I work for a bank and half of what I read on the topic is BS!

RBC and all major banks only offer 5 year variable , where is this 3 year variable you speak of ?

Maybe it was 5 year variable but watever im going this way

Ill take a picture of the rates ive got and post it tomorrow you'll see

Your rates are inline :) I'm asking about the people saying 2.9 5 year fixed as of today

I spoke with a BMO mortage manager and tried to have the same rate as RBC but the guy said he cannot do it or watever

Im in the car business and deal alot with RBC, the phone number of the customer service ( for car loan ) was the same a morgage so I gave them a call and tell them I work for X compagny and wanted to have a morgage blablabla, finally had an appointement with the guy so MAYBE because he knows I work with flexible % rates, he gave me a good deal..

I can't speak for others that are getting a better rate than 2.9% but I do have investments and my house has equity of over $140,000. Its not a scenario where I'm financing 95% of the total value of the property.

And to be honest with u I feel I should be getting even better after seeing what my father got. He got less than 1%

Back