CTV News - driving stick no longer popular

That chick was pretty cute IMO

I love people saying "It's so hard" BS I taught my sister how to drive manual in under 5 minutes. The trick is having a good instructor and a car with a light clutch..

c'est quoi ton estie de probleme ?
ca fait au moin 30 ans qu'il se vend plus de chars automatiques que manuels pis tu dois avoir 17-18 pour ecrire une niaiserie de meme

Haha you mad bro? C'est plus l'attitude des jeunes envers les autos et les manuelles que j'haie, pas le fait que lesquelles vendent plus lol pis j'ai 23 ans ;)

Haha you mad bro? C'est plus l'attitude des jeunes envers les autos et les manuelles que j'haie, pas le fait que lesquelles vendent plus lol pis j'ai 23 ans ;)

Honestly... Driving automatic with the amount of traffic in Montreal isn't a bad idea

Honestly... Driving automatic with the amount of traffic in Montreal isn't a bad idea

I don't know, to each their own I guess, I got used to it though, and I actually prefer to be in traffic with a manual, I just coast in 2nd mostly giving enough room in front of me, engine braking does the rest.

c'est quoi ton estie de probleme ?
ca fait au moin 30 ans qu'il se vend plus de chars automatiques que manuels pis tu dois avoir 17-18 pour ecrire une niaiserie de meme

Là, je pense que c'est toi qui a un problème. Consulte, ça se soigne.

Last edited:
That's just because automatics are better than manuals now.

That's arguable, they are less easy and more expensive to rebuild, generally less reliable, weight more and you still don't have all the control on the power delivery like a manual transmission.

That's arguable, they are less easy and more expensive to rebuild, generally less reliable, weight more and you still don't have all the control on the power delivery like a manual transmission.

It sure is arguable.

New autos are generally more fuel efficient, accelerate faster than the manual version, are cheaper to produce and develop than
manuals (this is becoming more and more common).

I know you care about ease of maintenance because you daily drive 700 year old cars, but for most people an automatic wont likely cause an issue.

As for control, honestly there are very few people that can actually exploit a manual properly.

Remember we're talking mass market vs enthusiasts here. Manuals are losing the battle right now, but it makes perfect sense for the average buyer.

slowpoke_by_rones_13_1829769_christmas_xmas_stuffed_animal-3333px.png

I won't buy anything automatic because my budget is also for 700 year old cars, and there's nothing worse than a failing slushbox.

That being said I prefer manual anyway, but it seems as if the manufacturers don't want us to have them anymore.

People can barely drive automatics so its no surprise to me that they're going more and more for autos instead of trying to learn manual.

Back