VVTI 1JZ Sportcross in progress

DrGonzo

Alright so figure I throw this up since things will be moving pretty quickly from here on out. If anyone needs misc 2JZGE engine bits everything will be for sale shortly. Longblock, trans, ignitor/coils/plugs, custom catback straight pipe, intake/MAF housing, auto pedals/shifter, just name it and Ill let you know when its available.

This is the car.

6373950575_baab45fd63_b.jpg

And why dont I just go ahead and just pick one of these guys up...

10367701143_2dd3f6d5c9_b.jpg

Got it in, tore it apart, needs rear main and clutch was nice and toasted.

10504641855_9795c572bc_c.jpg

10504530875_4a9e6f0d60_c.jpg

10504836053_cc40ecc789_c.jpg

And the point of no return....

10620008473_37f5f30b6e_h.jpg

Motor comes out today, then its heading to storage for 2-3 weeks while everything else gets prepped/bought/shipped.

Clutch Pedal/Brake Pedal/Master Cylinder
Driveshaft
Trans Mount
Power Steering Line + Clutch Line
Intercooler Mounting + Pipe Fabrication
Downpipe/Exhaust Fabrication
Replace Rear Main
Replace Cam Sensor
Need rad since I ****ed it up on removal dont ask

Should be a fun beater.

Not all that common up here are they.

Goal is 300+whp on stock turbo but Ill need a PowerFC for that one. Will be running stock ECU/stock boost for a while to validate everything is in tip top shape before I hit the dyno. None of this fuel cut defender bullshit like all the other 1J guys run, just going standalone.

Ill have dyno sheets after all is said and done.

Because 2JZ + Getrag is just about my budget for this entire project. Youll routinely see them for 5-6k in shops around St Leonard.

For the cost of that motorset I'm getting everything done and running. I thought about getting an auto VVTI 2JZ but then after I factored in frankensteining an R154 together to make work... I was way over cost as well.

1.5J down the road is not out of the realm of possibilities either so theres that.

Gotcha. Assumed it was a money thing.

Either way, I still love me a 1J and this is going to be awesome.

What ECU are you going to be using? The 1JZ VVTi one? I have a feeling you may be able to use the IS300's ECU with a PNP standalone/piggyback (I think the wiring harness is pretty much the same.)

Yeah Im not about to make this a patched together swap. OEM JZX100 ECU on a harness merged by Tweaked, gonna run stock boost while I dial everything in and dyno it in that form to get a baseline.

Plan is 1.5 way (autos have open rear stock, so peg leg burnout videos will follow) and PowerFC by christmas, tune it for 1 bar, redyno, and then see where my wallet is at. Dont wanna push the little ceramic guy much harder than that. More pics later tonight and FS thread of misc bits for anyone that needs some 2JZGE stuff. 138k KM block will also be for sale for good price if anyone wants a solid baseline for turbo rebuild.

Block has brand new timing belt, tensioner, OEM oil pump from the dealer, all within the last 9,000 KM. When I saw it was also leaking from the cam seals I gave up and said screw it, she's coming out.

^awesome, I'm getting ready to boost my GE in the spring. Would eventually need a side block to build for 500whp but not now :p

you could find LSD pretty easily or even an MK3 Supra turbo diff which is a clutch type 3.7

The link to the group doesn't work.

The block also has brand new water pump, forgot to mention that. I basically replaced everything before I did this.

10663228223_8d19e02a8e_b.jpg

Lots more progress today. Big shopping trip later this week for all the 1J stuff. Still gotta decide on clutch.

10663227783_053d7b8533_b.jpg

awesome man.

Sorry ya, the group is set to secret now. If you PM me you're name on facebook I'll add you

Thanks - Ill be grabbing pictures of the block/trans tonight for sale if anyone is interested. PS - my french is still terrible, need to work on that. Been up here long enough.

Been procrastinating, updates tomorrow.

To the IS300 guys who have gone turbo - what were the core dimensions you used to fit your IC without cutting the front bumper? AC will be deleted because racecar so extra room

^you could fit a large intercooler. You would just need to modify the inlet and outlets like the SRT intercooler

7.jpg

See how the inlet/outlets are modified, pointed to the front of the car then back in to clear the frame.

Headlight location/hood bracket is kind of holding me back from going inverted as well, would require trimming of both. Turns out I need even more stuff to make this happen, so another order of stuff is on the way. Once engine is in I can get length for throttle cable and power steering line, as well as starting fab for the IC piping and exhaust. Next weekend if all goes well.

Anyone know a good starter rebuild place in Montreal or Laval? The one that came with this is crap and needs a rebuild.

Motor is in. Took lots of pictures.

Phone fell out of my pocket when pushing car out of shop.

Then got run over by an Audi.

Now can't email photos to myself. Go me.

Aw that sucks^ *td*

Sick project tho I've always liked the IS and it's pretty cool that it's a wagon.

Back