VVTI 1JZ Sportcross in progress

Well its been in for a while but haven't updated.

Here's my experience with the motor mount situation. You have two options. Using the JDM motor mounts, or using the OEM motor mounts. The OEM mounts will not bolt to the JDM "uppers" or solid mounts and vice versa. If you keep the JDM ones you have to notch the crossmember. That's a "problem" but the benefits are worth it in my opinion. I would assume that if you use the OEM mounts you won't have to deal with this issue, but you'll see why I did it in this picture. In addition, the remote mount R154 mounts up spectacularly well and is perfectly centered in the shifter hole in the chassis.

1z5iyh0.jpg

You can see how low the engine sits in this picture. I can actually fit my arm, with ratchet, in behind the head of the motor to undo the upper trans bolts with zero issues. Removing the last spark plug, coil pack, and retightening the back valve cover bolts are zero issue with how it sits. You can see the height of the block in relation to the heater core stubs on the left. The OEM engine mounts are bigger than the JDM ones and I assume the engine would sit a lot higher. The oil pan isn't even below the crossmember like this, so all is well.

Now to dig my car out to get out the power steering lines and build a fuel return this week.

vraiment hot ton auto, jaime vraiment les sportcross surtout avec une conversion manuelle, dommage pour ton moteur defectueux, est ce que tu fait un rebuid ou tu rachete un autre block, personellement je le rebuilderait si il est encore potable au moin t'aurait pas d'autre surprises.

Bag was just a cover for fuse box since it was open. Really bad audio, better coming once I get a new hood.

Yep un beau ptit setup qui roule au q bec . Pour avoir travailller dessus tout marche tres bien . Boost 9 psi sans probleme , sans trop de boost . Le harness fait par Tweake'd fonctionne a merveille . Le IS va embarquer sur le dynapack la fds prochaine donc tous les chiffres vont etre en regle , 180 psi sur les 6 cylindres . On a installer le boost gauge ce dernier vendredi donc tous les essais on ete assez fifs .... d,apres le video je me gatais plus que le proprietaire de la voiture :D (30h de job en un week end)

Le moteur torque vraiment bien 2k rpm a 4k rpm ( Rabbit2.016v) mecano du projet , on installle les plug en iridium avec la Liqui Moly 5W40 ce jeudi pour etre bien pret pour les videos du week-end . On va re-verifier tout sur la voiture pour etre sur que rien explose comme sur le premier moteur qui avait des bearing de rods sauter bin fret . Mais selon M. JDM tout etait parfait . Bref on a un bloc au complet en morceau si quelqun besoin de pieces .

La voiture roule sur la rive-nord , si vous voulez je peux updater des nouveaux videos apres l,installation du boost gauge . Bref merci encore Toyota pour avoir bien concu ses vehicules , on espere un bon 260-280 whp sur le dynapack .

BTW si y,a des questions en francais je vais me faire plaisir de repondre parce que bien sur on va voir des update de cette voiture au plus tard mercredi .

Back