ASE, ICAR, Mosport, Tremblant Circuits Coming to Gran Turismo 6

Wow! I was already very happy that Bathurst will be officially in it... but this feature looks very promising!

Gran Turismo 6 - GPS Visualizer

A side-by-side comparison on Willow Springs Raceway - Streets with the use of GPS coordinate data transferred from a '13 Scion FR-S with the CAN-Gateway ECU to Gran Turismo 6.

The technology utilizes the "CAN-Gateway ECU*", a real time driving data transmission system developed by Toyota and Denso. Information such as position information, vehicle speed, engine RPM, accelerator pedal stroke, steering angle, brake signals, etc. are logged in the "CAN-Gateway ECU" while driving. This driving data can then be saved onto a USB memory stick, and by connecting this to a Playstation®3, the real driving conditions can be recreated virtually within Gran Turismo. It's also possible to compete on the track against your real driving record recreated in game.

Crap... :(

Sounds like this is another one of thes gadgets you plug into an OBD-II port. Maybe no luck for those of us running OBD-I cars...

I think I will try to get a luck on PS3 just for this! Not a fan of GT series, but if I can drive on those track, that can be really fun!

Picked up Playstation 3 -12G @ Target for (153.00) yesterday along with GT6 (59.00)
Not sure if its has enough on the hard drive.Hope it's upgradable as XBox.
If not,pls let me know.

Will hold onto these until I hear news from Steph !

FYI-Chris made a pretty good system.Will try get him in here to show it !

Picked up Playstation 3 -12G @ Target for (153.00) yesterday along with GT6 (59.00)
Not sure if its has enough on the hard drive.Hope it's upgradable as XBox.
If not,pls let me know.

Will hold onto these until I hear news from Steph !

FYI-Chris made a pretty good system.Will try get him in here to show it !

Dave asked me to share my sim rig. Finished building it a week ago or so, it is also my ''work station'' when I need to do stuff at home. Running on PC and driving in mostly iRacing. Competitive online Sim. You could do this for PS3-4 or Xbox but you'd need 3 console for each monitors. If anyone needs spec's just let me know.

Timelapse of the build:

SimRig_Build3_13_zpsbaafdd79.jpg

SimRig_Build3_14_zps2b9f4d20.jpg

SimRig_Build3_15_zpsf76ff418.jpg

SimRig_Build3_16_zpsec720019.jpg

SimRig_Build3_17_zps221969e9.jpg

SimRig_Build3_18_zps0199c26c.jpg

SimRig_Build3_19_zps949ab35d.jpg

SimRig_Build3_12_zps49a73f51.jpg

Happy holiday's everyone :)

Chris.

Do want !!

I like the concept of using multiple screens.
Would be good to to somehow tie those screens into a single PS/Xbox system !

Thanx Chris ! :bigup:

This is impressive Chris!

I build few ones back then in the university but nothing like that :) Was just a cockpit with a car seat, 1 screen and g25 controller. I like your custom mods: shifter, pedals, and some motors for vibration related to speakers? Awesome! :)

Planning to buy the Assetto Corsa looks like promising. Played a lot, back then, GTR2.

Cheers,

This is impressive Chris!

I build few ones back then in the university but nothing like that :) Was just a cockpit with a car seat, 1 screen and g25 controller. I like your custom mods: shifter, pedals, and some motors for vibration related to speakers? Awesome! :)

Planning to buy the Assetto Corsa looks like promising. Played a lot, back then, GTR2.

Cheers,

Thank you man!!! yeah those buttkickers are low frequency amps, they use the telemetry from the sim to give different vibration/feeback, from engine rpm to bump and rebound of the suspension. It is actually pretty precise and not pricey compared to a full motion sim.

Just got Asseto Corsa on Steam Christmas sale, it is actually really great, they are still in a work in progress mode, adding more and more content every two weeks or so.

yeah those buttkickers are low frequency amps, they use the telemetry from the sim to give different vibration/feeback, from engine rpm to bump and rebound of the suspension. It is actually pretty precise and not pricey compared to a full motion sim.

Very nice! *tu*

Can they interface with the PS3 as opposed to iRacing? Can you give an idea of cost?

Very nice! *tu*

Can they interface with the PS3 as opposed to iRacing? Can you give an idea of cost?

No idea if they would work with a PS3, never looked into it. To make them work properly on pc you need to run them with a software called SimVibe from http://simxperience.com/. If the software is not used. the transducers will only vibrate with the game sound and not the actual telemetry.

The full sim vibe setup, 4 transducer and the amp will put you to about 500$-600$ depending on brands. 2 or 1 transducer will cost you a lot less.

Back