Valet Parking

MontrealB15

What do you guys think of valet parking?

Saturday I stayed at the Fairmont in Tremblant. Didn't have a choice but to valet park my truck, and I was not down with it at all. I asked if I could park myself and the guy made a point of saying that they HAD to park for me. Ok, no problem, here are my keys... I don't even let my friends drive my vehicles, so this was really something new for me.

I get up to my room and watch out of my window as the guy starts to move my truck. Would you look at that! He starts it, forgets the E-brake is on, and stalls it immediately. THEN, he tries to reverse into a spot and stalls it 4, FOUR times! I was crying thinking of my poor clutch taking a beating by those idiots.

In all honesty, I don't have a high dollar vehicle, but I'm a student and work hard for what I have. To see somebody who obviously can't drive stick have a job as a valet and put wear on my property, that grinds my gears like nothing else, especially since I've personally spent countless hours under the hood of my truck making sure it runs just right. I made a point of not tipping the guy the next day when he brought it back and he gave me the weirdest look. No way I'm giving them more than the $28 they already charged me to beat on my truck.

What kind of experiences do you guys have with valet parking? Post them here!

Did you have to stay there? Frankly I would have asked him to get the supervisor/manager out there and told them that they would lose a customer if they didn't let me park the car. If it's a question of security the shithead valet could ride shotgun

Like you pointed out, you don't need to have an exotic to not want to hand over the keys to some douche that's going to potentially fuck it up.

Only time i went in a valet parking i just passed the guy. He started running after me,I parked, got out of the car, paid the money and left. And it was in a nightclub rofl. No way you will touch my car lol.

My thinking is the following...who's car is it? then f you.

I don't care about your stories, yadada yadada...full of sh...but I'll still give you a tip if I park it myself, just to show my appreciation(in fact I will even give you more just because you gave me a good service and not piss me off)

Even if you park other customers Ferrari's, I don't care, if you damage my car, I'm the one who loses in the end....even if you pay for repairs.

If I damage another customers' car(if that's what you are afraid of), that's what insurance policies are for and it becomes my problem too....

What's the other persone gonna do if I'm not drunk? sue me? don't think so. Be mad at the hotel for letting me park my car? not my problem, same think could happen in any other parking lot.

You think I might be drunk? call the cops. No I'm not? the unless I drive a pile of shit with dings and marks all-over, I think I can park my car safely without raming into anyone.

You don't trust my driving or you are scared that I might go too fast, hop along in the passengers seat and tell me where you want me to park and I will.

Just for the record, I had a friend, about 15 years ago, who was a valet at a place I won't mention, that didn't even have a drivers license and of course I didn't even know how to drive stick and he fucked up so many vehicules without even ever losing his job, at some point he was braggin' about it. Stupid I know, didn't stay my friend for long either. Same holds true for half of the staff that was working with him too.

The valet who took your car was a dumbass. The only car I stalled is a Porsche 930 turbo. Holy crap those clutches are heavy and unforgiving.
I worked as a valet. I treat my clients' cars as my own.

Ça me ferait plaisir de laisser conduire *stationner* ma voiture par quelqu'un... Après tout ces gens là ont été engagé en fonction de leurs compétences et font ça à chaque jour, faut pas devenir fou!

They damaged my door at the tremblant too, they opened it on an other car but after a few weeks they paid for the damages. Which results around 900$ total.

My car was brandnew with no dents at all so it was obvious when they brought my car back they even tried to punch the side of the door back out to camouflage the damage. PROCOLOR noticed that cause there was some hammer marks from the inside.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2

They damaged my door at the tremblant too, they opened it on an other car but after a few weeks they paid for the damages. Which results around 900$ total.

My car was brandnew with no dents at all so it was obvious when they brought my car back they even tried to punch the side of the door back out to camouflage the damage. PROCOLOR noticed that cause there was some hammer marks from the inside.

wait what?

I don't share the same protective emotions as you guys.

Your car isn't going to explode because some guy drove it 50 feet and stalled it a few times. A clutch, motor and tranny mounts can take a lot of abuse.

Next time use the valet for what its there for, forgetting about your car and enjoying your time at your destination. Staring out the window while the valet stalls your car is precious time you could have spent being in a spa, having a beer, or getting laid.

Ça me ferait plaisir de laisser conduire *stationner* ma voiture par quelqu'un... Après tout ces gens là ont été engagé en fonction de leurs compétences et font ça à chaque jour, faut pas devenir fou!

tout comme les chauffeurs de taxi qui sont aussi les meilleurs conducteurs de tous.

Ce qui me dérange le plus en laissant ma voiture à un valet c'est de me faire voler les choses que j'ai dedans (3 coffres a gants qui se barrent pas...)

C'est arrivé juste une fois dans mon cas... J'pensais pas que ca pouvait déranger du monde. Dans ma tête même si j'aime les chars ca reste un paquet de tôle pis j'men caliss

Je ne vais jamais dans une station d'essence avec service, la dernière fois que je me suis fait prendre par mégarde, j'ai mis l'essence moi même.

Imagine un parking avec valet... No way que le valet touche à mon auto.

Dans un sens il ne peuvent t'obliger a prendre le service de valet ils doivent te donner une alternative sinon tu fait une plainte sa fini la

Your car isn't going to explode because some guy drove it 50 feet and stalled it a few times. A clutch, motor and tranny mounts can take a lot of abuse.

Next time use the valet for what its there for, forgetting about your car and enjoying your time at your destination. Staring out the window while the valet stalls your car is precious time you could have spent being in a spa, having a beer, or getting laid.

Couldn't agree more!

X2
Worry about it less and you will have less to worry about.

P.s. i am super anal about my car and I am also a student that values his posession but if someone breaks it, they will pay it.

Je suis valet l'été et 90% des propriétaires des gens avec des mustangs, challenger, charger ont une attitude déplaisante. Un valet va toujours avoir de la misère avec une 350, 370z la première fois parce qu'il n'est pas habitué. Si tu aimes trop ta voiture (c'est l'enfant que tu aurais voulu avoir, elle améliore ta personnalité ou encore elle est ta deuxième moitié) demande a ne pas prendre le valet

Last edited:
Back