Photoshoot: Got Invited to Test New i3 Electric Vehicle Ahead of L.A. Auto Show

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
I'll have a full report on my impressions of the i3 a little later in the week. I will say that the experience, so far, has been very enjoyable and BMW sure knows how to plan well-organized events. You can view some of the photos from today's ride through Hollywood in this article's gallery.

http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/arti..._i3_electric_vehicle_ahead_of_l.a._auto_show/

Photos:

i3_01.jpg

i3_02.jpg

i3_03.jpg

i3_04.jpg

i3_05.jpg

i3_06.jpg

i3_07.jpg

i3_08.jpg

i3_09.jpg

i3_10.jpg

i3_11.jpg

i3_12.jpg

i3_13.jpg

sa va se vendre combien ici?? Car avec une Coque en fibre de carbone $$$ et oublie sa pour réparer ça!

Did you drive the i3, how does it feel and handle? Did it retain any of the BMW DNA? Pricing?

I drove it through the Hollywood hills. I have to say I was really impressed by it. Being all-electric, it's like driving a golf cart with instant power right from the get-go. It's fast! Even uphill the thing just takes off. Handling is great, too. BMW has retained the high build quality they are known for with this vehicle. When you take your foot off the gas, the car comes to a stop quickly without even touching the brake. Takes some getting used to but it gives me for confidence and more pleasure driving.

If this is the direction all cars are going, driving will get more fun, not less fun. Pricing should be low-mid $40k for Canada before tax incentives. Whats cool is that there is optional gas motor that recharges the electric motor if ever you run of power. The gas motor never drives the car. It'll always be fully electric drive.

Love BMW and the idea behind all of this, but why oh why did they have to make it so FKN UGLY?

pourquoi les grosse compagnie font toujours des voiture électrique hyper laide comme si il avais le besoin de les faire laide comme sa?

Funny how I invited you to drive the exclusive TM4 electric car back then and you couldn't give a damn.

The intrepid could move laterally for parking purpose BTW; oscillating all 4 wheels independently.

Back