News: Official BMW M3/M4 pics

wow! you can't be serious !? I'm an audi fanboy but I can't see them doing anything in a near future that can touch this car. Maybe they will have a twin turbo 6 in the future since they have
one in the macan now.

The only thing that's bothering me with the new M3-4 is the amount of options and the price. Does a M3 needs ceremic brakes ? WOuld it need all the carbon bits if it wasn't this huge ?
Does it need to cost more than a 100k ? It's now in the same price range as the new cayman and close to a 991.

Maybe the little brothers are just doing too well so they need to push this gen a bit further. But for me it is still a 3 series :dunno:

I hope it's a big hit and MB and Audi step up their game as well.

oh yeah and fuck those bumpers.. pretty hideous.

C'est une stratégie pour que la m3/M4 devienne le flagship de la marque. ça fait de la place pour justifier que la M2 va se vendre 60K$. J'approuve pas mais s'il faisait rien qui aurait acheté une M2 quand pour 5K$ de plus tu pourrais avoir une M3.

Pour ma part je la trouve tout simplement magnifique, c'est la réunion du classique, de la finesse, sportivité et elle a un petit coté macho. Elle est parfaite, j'en aurai jamais une faute de moyen mais wow méchante machine!

wow! you can't be serious !? I'm an audi fanboy but I can't see them doing anything in a near future that can touch this car. Maybe they will have a twin turbo 6 in the future since they have
one in the macan now.

The only thing that's bothering me with the new M3-4 is the amount of options and the price. Does a M3 needs ceremic brakes ? WOuld it need all the carbon bits if it wasn't this huge ?
Does it need to cost more than a 100k ? It's now in the same price range as the new cayman and close to a 991.

Maybe the little brothers are just doing too well so they need to push this gen a bit further. But for me it is still a 3 series :dunno:

I hope it's a big hit and MB and Audi step up their game as well.

oh yeah and fuck those bumpers.. pretty hideous.

Agreed, however, I don't think I could ever be a BM driver lol

Le son est pas pareil que le V8 d'avant mais les voitures sont vraiment belle! Good job BMW!

Vous avez beau dire qu`elle est de plus en plus grosse, sauf qu`elle pese le meme poids que ma M3 e36 sedan et elle a 200hp de plus....

Came accross this rendering (too bad BMW...)

attachment.php

But what really caught my eye is this nice E46 Wagon.

attachment.php

The sound isn't simulated. It's amplified.

Volkswagin font la même affaire, tu as un genre de cornet qui part du moteur et qui va se coller au firewall. Ce sont des voitures tellement isolée que ça coupe le son pas mal.

The sound isn't simulated. It's amplified.

it is simulated :

from car and driver.. "M division engineers discovered that the F10 chassis, like that of so many other new cars these days, is so effective at insulating the cabin from road and engine noise that the M5 lost one of the characteristics that made the previous two iterations such visceral thrills to let off the leash: its bark. To give the driver a better feel for the engine, an exterior recording of the M5’s motor plays through the car’s stereo. The precise sample is determined by engine load and rpm. Some of the real engine notes are still audible to the driver, so the recording is more of a backing track. BMW says the setup helps the driver shift by ear and reduces the chances of bumping the rev limiter when using the full rpm range. "

Volkswagin font la même affaire, tu as un genre de cornet qui part du moteur et qui va se coller au firewall. Ce sont des voitures tellement isolée que ça coupe le son pas mal.

un tuyaux qui part ds la boite a gant pour avoir plus de son du moteur ds un char a 30k est pasmal moin choquant qu'un enregistrement qui joue ds les speaker d'un char a 100k

it is simulated :

from car and driver.. "M division engineers discovered that the F10 chassis, like that of so many other new cars these days, is so effective at insulating the cabin from road and engine noise that the M5 lost one of the characteristics that made the previous two iterations such visceral thrills to let off the leash: its bark. To give the driver a better feel for the engine, an exterior recording of the M5’s motor plays through the car’s stereo. The precise sample is determined by engine load and rpm. Some of the real engine notes are still audible to the driver, so the recording is more of a backing track. BMW says the setup helps the driver shift by ear and reduces the chances of bumping the rev limiter when using the full rpm range. "

The symposer doesn't "simulate" sounds. It's actual engine sound pre-recorded, and amplified. The problem with turbo use from a sound point of view, is that the spooling noise actually interferes with the low end growl as well as the higher frequency engine noises. Pair that with modern day insulation and you have a recipe for moderate silence inside the cabin.

Back