C63 in the winter

Je veux juste t'avertir une deuxieme fois, tu vas t'amuser avec et le son est malade, surtout a 4000rpm+. Ca me coutait etre 800 et 1200 en gaz et j'ai passé pas mal de pneus et pads. Je fais pas de gros burns ou rien de ça. Ya juste bcp de torque, surtout si tu la fait tuner (+150lb de torque!). Si tu as le budget pour ca, go for it. Choisi une 2011+ Performance package, la transmission est un peu plus rapide. Si j'etais a ta place, jirais pour une 507 coupe. Ça vient full equipe, intérieur en alcantara et carbone. Yen a 2 au mercedes benz rive-sud (rouge et noir) et elles bougent pas depuis 3mois. Mercedes Benz rive-sud c'est mercedes canada et yon bcp de pouvoir pour dealer. Financement a 1.9% possible pour du amg. UN 5-6% de rabais sur l'auto possible. Yen vendront pas jusqu'au printemps. La 507 a des pieces de la sls et black series. Et la c63 2015 va pas etre tres belle a mon avis (selon les renderings/spy shots), vrmt pas agressive comme look. Derniere chance d'avoir le 6.3l. Ca tombe a du 4l twin-turbo des 2015...

Sedan >>>>>>>> Coupe

4 doors more whores!

Ayant conduit des Volvos asser aggressive en hiver, laisse moi te dire que je ne mettrais jamais rien d'autre que du Gislaved Nordfrost 5 et + Ou Nokian Hakkapelita 5 et +

Benz rwd ftw.

Although I'd love a brand new C63, I'm in no position to do so at 22 haha, I'm looking at a certified used car. And yes, I'll be going with the 4 door for sure.

The reason I was asking about the tires was that I'm currently running studded hakka 7s on my STI and I absolutely love them, I was thinking they'd possibly be a good choice for the benz

I've had no problems so far, third winter now with my '10 non LSD C63 P31, the one year the LSD wasn't included in the performance package. I had 235/40/18 squared crappy Conti's & now I'm running 225/40/18 squared Falken HS449, there ok, but for the size, 235 is a better fit, I'm sporting the stretched JDM look out back :) Oh, I'm also lowered on H&R springs & yes I carry a small shovel with me, but no extra weight.

F091C892-CF32-4D61-B66D-849166ECC03E.jpg

^nice car man, good to know you're surviving even without the LSD. So 2010 is the only year without an LSD on the sport pack? Didn't know that either

I've been winter driving my not so stock E55 AMG and coming from S4's, sti's etc it's definitely not the same. I'm on Goodyear Ultragrips and if it wasn't for the traction control I'd be dead!

I've had no problems so far, third winter now with my '10 non LSD C63 P31, the one year the LSD wasn't included in the performance package. I had 235/40/18 squared crappy Conti's & now I'm running 225/40/18 squared Falken HS449, there ok, but for the size, 235 is a better fit, I'm sporting the stretched JDM look out back :) Oh, I'm also lowered on H&R springs & yes I carry a small shovel with me, but no extra weight.

F091C892-CF32-4D61-B66D-849166ECC03E.jpg

225 wide sounds about right. Im running 255-40-19 Blizzaks Lm-60 and they are a bit on the wide side in deep snow.

I'm sure you are right.

But on my GLK, I have it set with Pirelli Scorpion's and it's a monster in the snow.

The C63 is running Vredestein Wintrac xtreme.

The problem with the C63 is that it's sitting pretty low (especially with lowered suspension like I have). That's why I prefer the GLK.

If you put good tires on them, you won't have any problems.
COmpletely hijack thread...but to say the car with Pirelli is a monster.....have you ever tried Nokian as a winter tire?

OP, don't even think to put anything else but Hakka's!
I tried Continental;, Pirelli, Michelin , Yokohama and maybe some other too...nothing comes even close to the Hakka's IN HEAVY SNOW.

Yeah I think you're right, although it seems most people run a high performance winter tire on the car. I'd rather sacrifice the performance during the winter and have good snow capabilities

Yeah I think you're right, although it seems most people run a high performance winter tire on the car. I'd rather sacrifice the performance during the winter and have good snow capabilities

Dude you need 250 km/h plus rated tires for those -30 highway pulls ;)

If the roads would be covered in snow non stop I would agree with your logic. But the highways are dry and clean most of the time, so a simple snow tire would do the trick on a "not so powerful car" but not on the C63.

I had Nokian's last winter and they were great in snow but sucked when it was dry. No grip at all if I was pushing the car a little.

So yes, I think it's a personal preference thing :) Try a few setups and see what works for you best.

Je viens d'en voir une, je l'ai suivi un peu sur les petites rues voir ca avait l'air de quoi. Pas pire quand même, avec la glace. Quand on est arrivé pour prendre l'autoroute, il a écrasé ça. Jizzinmypants

Dude you need 250 km/h plus rated tires for those -30 highway pulls ;)

The Falken HS449 that crazyone have are V rated (240km/h).

I have the older HS439 on my 135, they aren't snow tire. The handle really good on cold pavement and ok on ice. Where they shine is on dry cold pavement. In the snow they wont dig, but you will still have control. In my book they are just perfect for slow drifts up to 50'ish kph.

For a performance car like a C63 I think it is a pretty good choice since it is not the primary car you would get out during a snow storm.

I picked up a 2009 E63 that I have a square 245 set up on Blizzaks and in light snow it's great but heavy snow like we have had lately, I'll take my truck home. Traction control comes off right away though...so annoying with it on.
PS it's for sale... check our site. :)

A perfect car would have been a C63 4-Matic, I have tried several Mercedes with 4-Matic and it's almost as good as Subaru's AWD system.

Back