Another what to buy thread - This is a tough one!

GotBass?

Legacy Member
I would like to change my dayly driver this spring. Here's what I need:

• Room to fit three child seats in the back (I currently have a Britax B-Safe, a Britax Parkway SGL and a Britax Frontier XT). There should be enough leg room for a normal person to fit up front with all the child seats installed.
  • Fun to drive. I don't need a sports car. I already have one. But it should still be something I can enjoy driving.
  • Relatively reliable and inexpensive to maintain. I keep my cars for a long time, so it should be something that can last.
  • Between 2 and 4 years old.

Some "nice to haves":

• Manual transmission. Automatic are just boring to me, even the latest DSG type transmissions.
  • Wagon! All of my cars so far, except one, have been either wagons of hatches. I like the look and convenience of a wagon.
  • Under 30,000$, although I would spend more for something I really like.

What I do not want:

• A SUV: the only few that I would actually want to own are either too expensive to buy or maintain in the long run.
  • A minivan. I already own a 2012 Sienna, which my girlfriend drives 99% of the time.

Also, I don't really care for AWD and fuel consumption isn't a concern.

Suggestions?

Ford Flex? Not manual but not a SUV or minivan. I drove a limited for a weekend and I was pleasantly surprised!

Audi A4 Avant

fun/AWD/wagon/manuel ....un peu plus cher d'entretien que la moyenne mais bon

edit : wrong link

disons que dans les wagon il ne reste plus unetonne de choix depuis quelques années

sinon dans le moins fiable mecaniquement mais plus fiable pour pas mal tout le reste

un Subaru Forester XT

328ix wagon 2011 on autotrader right now nice car cant post the link sorry.
Or
A4 avant 2.0t 2011
Or
Less expensive a subaru outback?

Le flex est pas mal aussi.
Depend de tes gouts!

Posted via Topify on Android

I would like to change my dayly driver this spring. Here's what I need:

• Room to fit three child seats in the back (I currently have a Britax B-Safe, a Britax Parkway SGL and a Britax Frontier XT). There should be enough leg room for a normal person to fit up front with all the child seats installed.
  • Fun to drive. I don't need a sports car. I already have one. But it should still be something I can enjoy driving.
  • Relatively reliable and inexpensive to maintain. I keep my cars for a long time, so it should be something that can last.
  • Between 2 and 4 years old.

Some "nice to haves":

• Manual transmission. Automatic are just boring to me, even the latest DSG type transmissions.
  • Wagon! All of my cars so far, except one, have been either wagons of hatches. I like the look and convenience of a wagon.
  • Under 30,000$, although I would spend more for something I really like.

What I do not want:

• A SUV: the only few that I would actually want to own are either too expensive to buy or maintain in the long run.
  • A minivan. I already own a 2012 Sienna, which my girlfriend drives 99% of the time.

Also, I don't really care for AWD and fuel consumption isn't a concern.

Suggestions?

Subaru Legacy Outback Sport.

3 adultes n'est pas la meme chose que 3 sieges de bebe. J'ai 2 sieges de bebe dans mon Legacy Wagon et au milieu il y a juste assez de place pour quelqu'un d'environ 110-120 lbs (donc quelqu'un d'assez mince). Les A4 et 3series wagon sont legerement plus petits en arriere. La seule chance serait p-e une A6 wagon ou E-class wagon mais meme la je doute que les 3 sieges vont rentrer comme faut....il faudrait essaye.

D'apres mois, ce que tu cherche n'existe pas mais bon.....R63 AMG...(or R500 AMG pack)?

328ix wagon 2011 on autotrader right now nice car cant post the link sorry.
Or
A4 avant 2.0t 2011
Or
Less expensive a subaru outback?

Le flex est pas mal aussi.
Depend de tes gouts!

Posted via Topify on Android

La 328 et l'A4 sont trop petites, malheureusement. Si Subaru offrait encore une Legacy GT wagon, ça aurait pu être une bonne option... Je vais quand même aller voir la Outback.

3 baby seats in the back=major need for a wide rear seat!!
I don't think the A4 or 3er wagons would cut it, and the manual preference does cut down on choices.
I'd check out a C6 A6 avant or an E-class wagon (06+); both have huge cabin space & are fairly enjoyable to drive...
Ultimate choice to me tho would be (if you can find one) an E60 535iT with a 6speed... Now THAT must be fun to drive!

Didn't think about the Flex. Will have to look at it.

An ecoboost Flex will be quick but I doubt it will have the handling and feel you seem to be looking for. Given its size, weight and height, I don't see even remotely close to sporty.

An ecoboost Flex will be quick but I doubt it will have the handling and feel you seem to be looking for. Given its size, weight and height, I don't see even remotely close to sporty.

You're most likely right, but given the lack of options, I'll give it a look...

An e61 535xiT would possibly fit the bill, but I'm concerned with long term reliability. How does the e60/e61 compare to the e39, reliability wise?

Les grosse volvo ?

Sinon j'ai déjà vu des BM5 wagon manuelle messemble

sinon être dans ta situation, ça serait probablement une Benz série R, ça doit être la moins ennuyante à conduire.

Forget the A4 Avant and 3 Series Touring, they are sardine cans when it comes to kids. If you can find a 5 Series Touring 6-speed pick it up otherwise I think you will need to go the dreaded SUV route.

Back