Shipping car cross-Canada

Adill

Search results are very dated, so looking for anyone with more current experience on the matter

I'm looking to ship an SUV from Montreal to Edmonton, Google yielded quite a few sites that offer the service, but many of them seem super sketch, so I'm wondering if anyone knows a reputable shipping company (open trucks are fine, as long as they're insured).

I've had quotes ranging from $1185 to 1850$, ideally looking for something not more than 1300$ (including fuel surcharges and insurance)

So yeah, if anyone knows a reputable company or has dealt with one already, let me know. Thanks.

^ I was going to go with them the first but timming was not working for me a the time. Heard good things about them too

Used Livingston a few times with my old job, great service

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

My aunt and uncle got a JK and a Sonata shipped by train from Mtl to Sk, I can ask for a price if you want, iicr it's really not that expensive.

Do the ones you guys listed also ship NON functional cars ?

Not livingston (well not with the price/method I have used) as they drive the cars on/off the trains.

Your car ends up being one tiny fraction of the thousands of cars they get from Vancouver to Montreal because the cargo boats arrive on the west coast often.

You can Call Auto Détail in Laval, these are the ones who went to get the New supra (Flames)

Ask for Francis (514) 866-7773

Sanstitre22_zpsb90fe900.png

Last edited:
Search results are very dated, so looking for anyone with more current experience on the matter

I'm looking to ship an SUV from Montreal to Edmonton, Google yielded quite a few sites that offer the service, but many of them seem super sketch, so I'm wondering if anyone knows a reputable shipping company (open trucks are fine, as long as they're insured).

I've had quotes ranging from $1185 to 1850$, ideally looking for something not more than 1300$ (including fuel surcharges and insurance)

So yeah, if anyone knows a reputable company or has dealt with one already, let me know. Thanks.

I've got a flight-pass with Air-Canada. If you want I could drive it there and come back by plane.
You pay the gaz + a fee for me ! ;-)

Cheers

- I like road trips !

I also dealt with Hansen's to ship a car from BC to Montreal by train. Very satisfied with their service. In my case, they were less expensive than Livingston.

I don't post often but had to log on to give you my comment.

I have no clue what year you all shipped for $500 or $1000 quotes but no less than 2 days ago I got some quotes to get a car shipped across the country.

MVS was $1875
Performance Auto Carrier was $1695
Hansen was $1936
Livingston was $1998
Uship started out with a first quote for over $5000! After telling them all to scew themselves that the "PRO's" (Hansen, Livingston) were doing it for around $1900, ONLY then was I getting quotes
for $1900

So basically, depends on the quality of job you want... Your looking at close to $2000 to ship a car across Country!

SO, if anyone has a place that is cheaper... Please speak up!

I don't post often but had to log on to give you my comment.

I have no clue what year you all shipped for $500 or $1000 quotes but no less than 2 days ago I got some quotes to get a car shipped across the country.

MVS was $1875
Performance Auto Carrier was $1695
Hansen was $1936
Livingston was $1998
Uship started out with a first quote for over $5000! After telling them all to scew themselves that the "PRO's" (Hansen, Livingston) were doing it for around $1900, ONLY then was I getting quotes
for $1900

So basically, depends on the quality of job you want... Your looking at close to $2000 to ship a car across Country!

SO, if anyone has a place that is cheaper... Please speak up!

Last spring, I paid around 1600$ tax included to ship a car from Vancouver Island to Montreal with Hansen's. This included picking up the car by truck in Victoria and bringing it to the Vancouver depot, by ferry! If I brought the car to the Vancouver depot myself, the price was under 1200$ all in.

What's the exact origin and destination you're looking for?

Kelowna BC to Montreal.

OK, so I asked for another quote with Livingston. Something was not right here!

Here are the real numbers, they did not understand my first email.

$1300 to ship from Delta BC which is a good 4 hours from where the car is to Montreal Depot.
Door to Door service was $1998 (Meaning they drive 4 hours to go get it, drive 4 hours back, ship it to Montreal and drive it to my house)

Hope that clear's everything up for everyone who is wondering. Price is for a normal size car, trucks and suv's will be more as they take up more space.
Best price so far considering the door to door service or the option of doing the grunt work yourself and a willing seller on the other end who wants to travel.

Back