BIXI falls flat...bankruptcy

As a regular user of bixi this makes me really sad.

It's an in incredible benefit to Montreal to have this. Tons of people I know who live downtown, old mtl and plateau use it. And yes, most of us have real grown up jobs or own businesses. I'll be really sad to see this go.

Nothing like riding to work in the morning. Hell I even leave early sometimes and take the long way.

It's an in incredible benefit to Montreal to have this. Tons of people I know who live downtown, old mtl and plateau use it. And yes, most of us have real grown up jobs or own businesses. I'll be really sad to see this go.

Nothing like riding to work in the morning. Hell I even leave early sometimes and take the long way.

I'm now living South shore and the service saves me HOURS yearly. Plus I don't buy a Montreal bus pass becasue of it. Also, downtown feels so small and accessible when it's up and running.

They just filed it doesn't mean it will disappear. Coderre already stated the Bixi will be around this summer in Montreal. However, this once again proves that if a business is unsustainable by itself you have to stop throwing public funds at it and hope. Taxpayers have already done enough, it is up to Bixi to find a solution and restructure.

They just filed it doesn't mean it will disappear. Coderre already stated the Bixi will be around this summer in Montreal. However, this once again proves that if a business is unsustainable by itself you have to stop throwing public funds at it and hope. Taxpayers have already done enough, it is up to Bixi to find a solution and restructure.

Ever seen how a business operates when its in bankruptcy protection? Staffing is cut, employees that are left dont give a shit about anything, maintenance gets dropped. Its usually a slow painful death. Sure first month might be ok but Bixi WILL fall apart rather quickly this summer.

Haha, because clearly, the city is ultra efficient at everything it does.

My prediction: The $50M bailout option will seem like a bargain when we get the losses for next year, once the city takes over.

I'm now living South shore and the service saves me HOURS yearly. Plus I don't buy a Montreal bus pass becasue of it. Also, downtown feels so small and accessible when it's up and running.

Is there stations in the south shore?

I too at one point gave up my bus pass when I was living downtown. Nothing better than needed no car or taxi to go to the bars around the city.

Ever seen how a business operates when its in bankruptcy protection? Staffing is cut, employees that are left dont give a shit about anything, maintenance gets dropped. Its usually a slow painful death. Sure first month might be ok but Bixi WILL fall apart rather quickly this summer.

Many companies come out of bankruptcy in better shape. Will Bixi work out, only time will tell but they have to stop injecting public funds because clearly it is unsustainable or they have to hike the rates for users.

Est-ce que c'est flagrant que ca allait faire fallite, jveux dire, les tarif? la qualité du velo? , la disponibilité de ceux-ci?

Oui et non. C'est cher en t-b-k. MAIS Les vélos sont bien, je me corrige, souvent les vélos se font vandaliser, et se retrouvent avec un problème, et parlons même pas de disponibilité aux heures occupées.

Et j'ai payé pour la passe a 80$...

Si jamais sa disparais:

J'vais aller me chercher un vélo a 100$ chez CT et un cadenas en U.

Last edited:
Is there stations in the south shore?

I too at one point gave up my bus pass when I was living downtown. Nothing better than needed no car or taxi to go to the bars around the city.

Only around Longueuil Metro and old Longueuil. Maybe 7-10 stations all together.

Nothing more pleasant either then going to work or hanging out downtown, parking for free somewhere away from traffic & metro stations and Bixing to wherever after. This service creates so much opportunities when you understand how it works.

Actually, there is funny and pathetic parallel to be traced in between the clueless haters of the service and the morons from the regions who go give their testimonial "pro-charter-because-Musulmanie".

Same fight, same kind of losers....

You know the PQ will bail them out!

BIXIs entire business model is one that will lose money along with nearly all public transport.

BIXIs entire business model is one that will lose money along with nearly all public transport.

Public transport is like healthcare, everyone puts money in for a select few to use. But having it makes all of society better.

It's not about profits and losses.

The problem with bixi is the fact that a few people at the top pocketed millions and bankrupted the system.

The day we have a fully automated public transit system (not in our lifetime) is the day waste will stop...

Living not far from downtown and having work in downtown, bixi has been pretty useful to me. Sucks to see it go

Public transport is like healthcare, everyone puts money in for a select few to use. But having it makes all of society better.

The problem with bixi is the fact that a few people at the top pocketed millions and bankrupted the system.

It should at least break even at a bare minimum but like everything else that is public, inefficiency & waste rules...

Exactly... I have no issue with public transit but when a company figure out where millions went.. It's time to let them sink.. Where is the accountability?

The day we have a fully automated public transit system (not in our lifetime) is the day waste will stop...

or just find competent people to run it. Look at Transport for London and it's efficiency...I'm always in awe over the tube and bus network.

The incompetence and waste at the STM and AMT have very little to do with the people at the bottom, it is all at the top of the pyramid and they won't automate the top of the pyramid.

The owner of bixi is my old boss from CAA Quebec. He's going to claim bankruptcy and still have a lot of money after.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Back