News: New Subaru Legacy, from exciting concept to extremely boring final product.

VWSpeed

Subaru could have really delivered with their Legacy Concept instead, once again, the Japanese manufacturer defaults to a safe, bland and boring restyling...

Subaru needs a reality check...This is actually very very sad...

Concept:

Subaru-Legacy-Concept-achter.jpg

Reality:

subaru-legacy-2015.jpg

subaru-legacy-gelekt-001.jpg

subaru-legacy-gelekt-002.jpg

subaru-legacy-gelekt-004.jpg

Sweet! I really dig the Camry profile alongside with the Audi-esque corporate grill. I really like where Suburru is going with their unexciting and soul-less design cues. I think they're trying too hard to compete with Mitsubishi.

Oh, and let's put that all-out Rally heritage in the spotlight by adding this overly tacky MPG gauge.

2013-subaru-outback-gauge-cluster.jpg

Subaru. Releasing outdated designs with archaic powertrain as new models since 2003.

Incroyable le gaspillage de potentiel. On dirait qu'ils font exprès.

Subaru. Releasing outdated designs with archaic powertrain as new models since 2003.

Pourquoi changer une recette gagnante ?
Je ne suis pas un pro-subaru, mais ça marche depuis des années.

Au moins, ils ont mis un meilleur intérieurs cette fois-ci.
Et contrairement à Toyota, ils n'ont pas une AT à 4-vitesse des années 90.

The concept looks like a Suzuki Kizashi:

2011-Suzuki-Kizashi-Sport-37.JPG

But yeah, the production model looks like a Camry. I want to see photos of the new Outback though.

wtf-is-this-shit.jpg

They did this with the WRX too, but one can't say that the final WRX is a bad car, with an old powertrain.
What I can tell from these pictures:

1. Subaru makes hybrid cars in 2014: nice front ends, that somehow transform midway back in time and space to a generic Honda/Toyota snoozewagon.
  2. They will release pictures with the most unflattering angles.
  3. They will release pictures with the car in the most unflattering colours.
  4. The actual car won't look so bad in person, but still... come on!
  5. The actual car's looks will grow on me, especially from some angles, but still... come on!
  6. Subaru's concepts are unrealistically arresting, with the door beltline too high to be practical in a family car.
  7. The rear trunk lip needs to be higher to get the sexy concept feel, and less like a boring Toyota.

I'm a big Subaru fan, so I hope that the car is at least as well reviewed as the new WRX. Hopefully increased sales/profits, by marketing to the average family for a few years, might spur Fuji Heavy Industries to once again be bold with the final products in the future.

Depending on wich model, I'm still hoping like a sheep design like the Subaru impreza 2006 . Either you like it or hate it!
2006-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STI-FA-Speed-1024x768.jpg

otherwise, look like a Ford fusion....
ford-fusion-energi-01.jpg

New genesis front
Old genesis back

ebynejys.jpg

ajujetud.jpg

I dont complain though. Still looks alot better than the current blasphemy.
peqaputa.jpg

quite generic indeed....a shame because the concept was hot. They're just really playing it safe design wise to appeal to a as big of an audience as possible.

Back