Starting a business

430m

Alright, long story short, a friend of my mine is starting a business in the promotion domain. He called investment canada and they said he needed to find 30% of the amount of money he needs to start his business. The thing is, his financial situation isn't the best and he can't get the 30% of the ammount he needs so my question is: is he completly screwed or is there any other way he could do it?

lol why?

just go to registre des entreprise, register for a corporation, pay 300 bucks and there you go

they dont care if you dont have money to start the business

if your friends needs help, im a CPA who could get him going

^^ This

Et si il est ben cassé, un enregistrement ca coute 32$ au lieu d'une incorporation

He already registered his business, he just needs the money to buy the equipement he needs so thats why he called the gouvernement to apply on the program where they help new business's

il peut essayer de trouver des subventions pour différentes choses
genre étudiant, moins de 30 ans, femme, minorité visible, etc.

about 70k for the special printers (printing logos on cups, pens, etc..) and all the ventilation system that comes with it

Sent from my SGH-S730M using Tapatalk

Family gifts or no interest loans?
Personal/Home equity line of credit?
Remortgage house if there's enough equity?
Personal loan?
Low interest Visa/MC?
Regular Visa/MC?
Loan Sharks? LOL (last resort)

Private investors (I think there were some programs for start-ups)

about 70k for the special printers (printing logos on cups, pens, etc..) and all the ventilation system that comes with it

Thanks for the info, I think a lot of people underestimate that amount. Best of Luck and respect for going out on your own!

Cld, sadc pour du du support startup. Credit-bail pour l'achat des des equipements, tres flexible, 9-10% interest par contre il devra cautionner perso (ca peut etre du stock usagé si acheté d'un revendeur)

C ton meilleur bet, oubli IQ ou banque a ces montants. Tu dois etre creatif et independant.

merci pour les idées guys ! keep them coming

Dit lui qu'il check avec le CLD (centre local de développement) de sa région. On sait jamais!

Il va les contacter demain pour prendre un rendez-vous, ca semble intéresssent quand meme.

Pad printer.

His best bet before spending money on purchasing equipmebt is to find a couple of printers, get quotes, and outsource his work.

No joke.

You will not belive how many printers I have seen shut down in the last 10 years because "LOL W3LL BUY A PRINTER/VINYL PLOTTER/ROUTER AND PRINT SO MUCH MONNEH" and then 1 year later they are liquidating their assets to try and stay afloat.

Food for thought.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

he already has some guaranted contract with big companies and he also has a supplier for everything he's going to print. He's well prepared but his only problem is to get the money to buy the printer

Oufff... personnellement ce n'est pas un domaine dans lequel j'investirais.

Quand j'étais étudiant, comme job étudiante j'étais courtier en impression. C'étais parfait, je gérais mes horaires, j'étais a mon compte, et je n'avais pas besoin de connaissances techniques poussées. Ça m'a couté un laptop et du temps pour négocier avec des imprimeries. J'avais un volume suffisamment élevé pour avoir une marge de profit intéressante, mais si j'avais eu a acheter mon équipement + la production ça n'aurait jamais été profitable, surtout pas contre les grosses usines qui sortent du volume à des prix dérisoires.

Mais bonne chance à ton ami, les gens dans le thread ont déjà donné de bon conseils.

il a deja fait beaucoup de recherche et il est au courrant des risques que ca comporte mais ce qu'il l'avantage cest sont fournisseurs d'objet qu'il lui fait les meme prix derisoire que les grosses imprimeries

terrible business

as someone else said, he should outsource the printing until he has enough capital to rent equipment

there is absolutely no need to buy the equipment at this stage

the fact that he registers the company and then realizes that he needs money and wants to go to the bank and apply for a loan is another warning sign for me.. This isn't 1932 where you walk into the bank and apply for a business loan like you were applying for a credit card.

he already has some guaranted contract with big companies and he also has a supplier for everything he's going to print. He's well prepared but his only problem is to get the money to buy the printer

Am i the only one to see this as a really bad idea? What kind of big company would promise someone a contract without any equipment, startup capital or proof of quality and capacity/capability? Is it in writing?

If not, then he shouldn't rely on magic money as a way to stay afloat. He needs to be able to last a whole year without making a penny.

Start with outsourcing his operations, let others eat the capital costs. He'll make less at first, but that's how you grow a business. You never go all in...

Back