Longshot: Trying to locate a Porsche 944

GotBass?

Legacy Member
While doing some cleanup, my dad stumbled upon the "owner card" for his 1985.5 Porsche 944:

He bought the car brand new. Here's what it looked like when he got it in September of 1985:

It was guard red with black leather interior. It had a sunroof and a pull-out Blaupunkt tape deck (that was the security feature for your audio system back then... It had a nice retractable handle so you could carry the entire head unit around with you!) My dad sold the car in 1987 if I remember correctly.

I did a quick lookup with the VIN (WP0AA0949FN456310) and the car still appears to be on the road in Quebec. Here are the most recent entries from the CarFax report:

06/05/2008 QC 137,000 Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM CANADIAN PROVINCE CANADIAN RENEWAL
10/16/2009 REPENTIGNY, QC Motor Vehicle Dept. CANADIAN RENEWAL
03/31/2011 QC Motor Vehicle Dept. CANADIAN RENEWAL
03/21/2012 QC Motor Vehicle Dept. CANADIAN RENEWAL
04/29/2013 QC Motor Vehicle Dept. CANADIAN RENEWAL

This is the car that sparked my passion for Porsches. I'm curious to see what the car looks like today (and who knows, maybe even buy it back!). If you own an 1985.5 Porsche 944 or know someone who does, could you check the VIN and see if it matches? If so, just send me a PM. It's a longshot, but you never know!

Thanks!

Last edited:
x2 good luck! Reminds me of the column in Classic & Sports Car magazine with people trying to find their old cars... Will keep a lookout on 944s for sale!

I know a guy who had the exact car you posted down to the interior but he sold it about ten years ago, and I'm pretty sure it's changed hands a few times since. I'll ask him next time I see him.

C'est tu moi ou le char est a REPENTIGNY depuis 2009 ?
Le reste étant le gars qui paye ses plaques.

C'est tu moi ou le char est a REPENTIGNY depuis 2009 ?
Le reste étant le gars qui paye ses plaques.

Le transfert de propriété s'est probablement fait à la SAAQ de Repentigny en 2009. La voiture n'est plus nécessairement dans cette région...

Kinda the same minus accident info. I got one for my Camaro! Then by pure stoke of luck the original owner showed up to buy a crappy fridge from me and saw the car. We started talking.. Long story short he sent me scans of all the original paper work. Very cool moment and a one in six billion chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back