Photoshoot: The car BMW never wanted to build and will never build...

Wagons are great because they still drive like a car.. However nearly all women want to sit up high so manufactures end up making crossovers.. Ground clearance is actually the same but the greenhouse is larger, toss in tall seats and you're good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:bigup: A 100lbs woman with wet hair really needs to drive a 450HP 5000lbs truck to Walmart and Costco. Such a waste of resources and energy, and then people complain gas is too expensive. While the wagon runs circles around the SUV...

^^ Sadly these consumers are brainwashed into thinking SUVs are safer because of the higher seating position, the weight and other factors. Unfortunately I feel like your posts, though great at highlighting the benefits of wagons, is like David vs. Goliath (the manufactuers and the North American buying public) . That said, I still appreciate your committment to the cause.

:bigup: A 100lbs woman with wet hair really needs to drive a 450HP 5000lbs truck to Walmart and Costco. Such a waste of resources and energy, and then people complain gas is too expensive. While the wagon runs circles around the SUV...

I think you should differentiate the "horsepower addicts" consumers from the "average soccer mom". They are not in the market for the same product. They want exclusivity, power, size. This is true for 3series, 5 series, Xseries, etc (or C-class, E-class, etc).

However, I agree with your statement on the 5,000 lb +. They could easily shave a couple hundred pounds off.

^^ Sadly these consumers are brainwashed into thinking SUVs are safer because of the higher seating position, the weight and other factors. Unfortunately I feel like your posts, though great at highlighting the benefits of wagons, is like David vs. Goliath (the manufactuers and the North American buying public) . That said, I still appreciate your committment to the cause.

I am fighting a losing cause but god damn it as long as there is hope I will continue...:D

True, it's insane how heavy modern cars are. You use a 5000lbs vehicle to carry (on average) 1.5 people, or around 300lbs with luggage.

I know we can't make a 1200lbs car for a decent price to carry 4 people around in comfort. I'm sure it could be done sub-2000lbs though.

True, it's insane how heavy modern cars are. You use a 5000lbs vehicle to carry (on average) 1.5 people, or around 300lbs with luggage.

I know we can't make a 1200lbs car for a decent price to carry 4 people around in comfort. I'm sure it could be done sub-2000lbs though.

Manufacturers are starting to react, just look at the latest Range Rover and F150 is an indication. The next gen BMW 7 Series is also rumoured to weigh 700lbs less.

I remember reading somewhere that a BMW 7 Series has over 4500 feet of wiring...that is staggering and adds weight...Maybe wireless communication is right around the corner for cars...

The worst part is that they never use the power but gawd do they drive like asshats. Then you have to deal with the "social club" "I drive this brand"

Wagons are great because they still drive like a car.. However nearly all women want to sit up high so manufactures end up making crossovers.. Ground clearance is actually the same but the greenhouse is larger, toss in tall seats and you're good to go!

Like said above, marketing for wagons was killed in the US. Owning a rare wagon myself, i laugh at people who drive crossovers like the Venza. Wagons are usually longer, and headroom is better than most SUV's by far, even if it has a smaller overall height. I've got 40cu.ft. of space with all seats up. and 75+ with all seats down with over 6 feet of bed lenght. Try finding a midsize SUV where a 65" LCD Rear Projection fits inside...

For the weight thing too, just to say... a 4 people SEDAN like the Charger 2.7 V6 weighs 4000lbs. Most SUV's weigh over 3500lbs and the bigger one's are over 4000lbs. My 94 Wagon weighs just a little less than 3300 (5-seater V6) and the 4cyl weighed ~3200.
With wheels getting bigger (17" is the norm now)and air bags in every corner of the car, curb weight of all cars has skyrocketed.

On that note that M3 conversion is pretty awesome.

Would drive it in a heartbeat.

I have to say, people in California really get wagons. I was in San Francisco for 2 day earlier this month and I saw about 3 really well modded wagons.....I was impressed.

Yeah let's add a bumper, tail pipes, wrap that steering in alcantara, put in a recaro seat and call it an M3!

the M3 wide body is actually the most impressive part of this build, and you forgot to mention the hood!

PLEASE keep in mind to purchase this exact same car, pay for all OEM E90 M3 parts, pay for the body conversion including welding OEM M3 rear quarter panels, and full car paint job would be in the $4x,xxx range.

The worst part is that they never use the power but gawd do they drive like asshats. Then you have to deal with the "social club" "I drive this brand"

Haha, unfortunately this is somewhat true for BMW. They do drive like asshats and act like they own the road, scolding looks and all. But you wouldn't believe the stares I get from other BMW drivers - they're looking at me in awe like I was driving a prototype... I've started noticing this when I got the Touring.

Maybe we should start a BMW wagon social club. :)

Haha, unfortunately this is somewhat true for BMW. They do drive like asshats and act like they own the road, scolding looks and all. But you wouldn't believe the stares I get from other BMW drivers - they're looking at me in awe like I was driving a prototype... I've started noticing this when I got the Touring.

Maybe we should start a BMW wagon social club. :)

I found the Audi driver has become the new "BMW" driver

BMW drivers think they're professional drivers and wear woman gucci glasses
Audi drivers think they own the road because they think their car is the shit

Back