Question about Speeding ticket highway+radar

fl4k

Hey guys, so recently got pulled over for going over the limit on the highway, officer said I was going over 140+ and ticketed me at 145, I had asked to see the radar but he refused to show me, I have it on recording of him saying no to my request. What is the law of him requiring me to show the radar gun to prove I was really going 145? Do I contest of just pay the fine and lose 3 points... Im sure I read somewhere that he is required to show me.?

Non, aucune loi demande de montrer le radar, dans les livres de procédure d'utilisation de radar ils demandent même aux policiers de ne pas montrer le radar. La lecteur ne s'affiche plus passé 10 minutes normalement. Ton seul cheval de bataille qu'il te reste est d'appeler le greffe à la Cour et de demander la divulgation de la preuve en dedans de 30 jours (tu as 30 jours pour contester). C'est ton DROIT de demander la divulgation. Si tu n'as pas de bonne défense et que la divulgation n'a pas été bâclée (couleur, marque, modèle de véhicule, distance de lecture, direction, etc.) a été bien rempli, les chances sont mince de renverser la vapeur. La poursuite à le fardeau de la preuve et la défense (toi) à besoin que de soulevé un doute raisonnable pour être acquitté, mais sans défense/argument valide ce n'est vraiment pas une mince tâche.

C'est à toi d'y voir.

Hey guys, so recently got pulled over for going over the limit on the highway, officer said I was going over 140+ and ticketed me at 145, I had asked to see the radar but he refused to show me, I have it on recording of him saying no to my request. What is the law of him requiring me to show the radar gun to prove I was really going 145? Do I contest of just pay the fine and lose 3 points... Im sure I read somewhere that he is required to show me.?

Was it Radar or Laser ?

If your license is not clean clean better lawyer up your case , this kind of ticket makes
a huge dent on your future ''obedience willingness to obey the law''.

Was your speed done safely ....like light traffic \ nice weather ?

Here is where the system is crooked : they will punish you as if you were doing 45 over ,
when in fact your speed was 25 over the accepted un-official psl ....rotten to the bone
for money ....pita.

Was it Radar or Laser ?

If your license is not clean clean better lawyer up your case , this kind of ticket makes
a huge dent on your future ''obedience willingness to obey the law''.

Was your speed done safely ....like light traffic \ nice weather ?

Here is where the system is crooked : they will punish you as if you were doing 45 over ,
when in fact your speed was 25 over the accepted un-official psl ....rotten to the bone
for money ....pita.

Yes, because he was doing 45 over. :dunno:

OP: Were you doing 145 ?

The logic is eye killing : accepted UN-posted speed limit on highway : 120 .

If politicians were honest , they would change the psl on highway : 120 ....
but they are couillon ...
too much money and credibilty to loose ....
imagine they would be accused of genocide .....
a diabolic plan to destroy half the Quebec population .....
let's call United Nations so the send casques bleus to save us.

Sometimes cops work in teams where one mans the laser/RADAR on an overpass, then radioes to the cruisers hiding in the shadows to initiate a pursuit and in those cases, it's not surprising that the cop who pulled you over wouldn't show it to you. Your results will depend on many factors including evidence, jurisprudence, your representation, if a negotiation can be made with the crown prosecutor, etc. Either way, I would contact section mod/lawyer, ChaosExpanding if you're interested in contesting and possibly saving points/reduction of fine.

Back