Cadillac DeVille Early 2000's..Opinions plz

Why not an Avalon? They are not that big but they are really comfortable and reliable.

Envoyé de mon Nexus S en utilisant Tapatalk

Why not an Avalon? They are not that big but they are really comfortable and reliable.

Envoyé de mon Nexus S en utilisant Tapatalk

I really want to stay with the big domestic car. If I had the money I would like to have a Chrysler 300C V8.

The reason I chose the Cadillac was because they are selling for so cheap.

I think that when those cars start to go bad, they really do. Like complicated events. Wheres gregster when you need him. That guy knows everything. Id ask him about these before buying thats for sure. Id also go with an LS400 too. I love american cars too but id choose something a bit more reliable.

The LS definitely has a american luxury feel to it but with added quality. I used to average 11-12L/100km with mine, for a 4.0 V8 thats not bad.

i had a 2003 deville like 3 or 4 years ago, Daily/Winter beater
bought at 90 000km from some old man, sold at 160 000 for the same price
never had any issues with it, only did brakes and changed a battery
i was impressed how the car felt in snow, v8 fwd is actually pretty good, with some good studded tires it was one of the easiest car ive driven winter time.
Seats are awesome they are like La-z-boy, plenty of space in the rear to get something going on with a girl

anyone who says a crownvic will drive better in the winter is a complete dumbass
plus you sell alot of these deville 260,000km + still driving and for sale

LT1 fleetwood / Late towncar. Both are based on the best fullsize platforms ever made in terms of reliability and durability, very cheap and simple to fix, and not needlessly over-complicated. The fleetwood should average 10l/100km at worst, a towncar is worse on fuel but on the plus side is better handling.

because race car

EDIT: batard trouve pu le vidéo du cadillac 572 qui fait un gros burnout dans un parking... damn

I don't see as many town cars for sale though...

I guess it would be safe to say they last?

Just wait for an old fart to die.

You can get a grand marquis and crown vic with leather seats, it's harder to find but they are out there.

I would also suggest the Mercury Marauder. The interior is pretty fantastic including the seats. A bit more sporty but it's a blast to drive down on the highway. None are for sale right now but they pop up often. (only 11 000 made)

On that kind of car, I'll take velours over leather without hesitation.

Now I want a Toyota Century so bad :(

Last edited:
The LS definitely has a american luxury feel to it but with added quality. I used to average 11-12L/100km with mine, for a 4.0 V8 thats not bad.

This X2. I owned an STS back in the day and the northstar on that car was a piece of crap. Sure when it worked it was strong but the engine spun a bearing at 175K even though it was properly maintained. Also those Early 2000's caddies are Really heavy and really front wheel drive with an open diff. They are crappy cars with big engines, nothing more. This is why they are so cheap.

This X2. I owned an STS back in the day and the northstar on that car was a piece of crap. Sure when it worked it was strong but the engine spun a bearing at 175K even though it was properly maintained. Also those Early 2000's caddies are Really heavy and really front wheel drive with an open diff. They are crappy cars with big engines, nothing more. This is why they are so cheap.

Let's add nearly constant hvac problems, lines rotting out, parts being STUPID FUCKING expensive for no reason, fuel pumps, window regulators (door panel will most likely break when you remove it) strange electrical problems (corroded connectors) I've seen a few melted fuses boxes under the rear seat. Strange knocks in the suspension... Most I've dealt with had these issues and can I add oil consumption in industrial quantity?

Honestly the type of person that buy this car is clueless.

Let's add nearly constant hvac problems, lines rotting out, parts being STUPID FUCKING expensive for no reason, fuel pumps, window regulators (door panel will most likely break when you remove it) strange electrical problems (corroded connectors) I've seen a few melted fuses boxes under the rear seat. Strange knocks in the suspension... Most I've dealt with had these issues and can I add oil consumption in industrial quantity?

Honestly the type of person that buy this car is clueless.

The thing I miss about mine was the weird noises from the rack whenever I turned right. Also the defogger fried, so did the blower motor. The suspension costed like 3.5K to replace (Thank god I didn't). Also I remember that the engine would always run hot like 102 to 105 in normal driving. Also the fuel consumption was absurd, 16L/100km of Supreme, I'd have to donate an organ to keep it fueled. There was always something wrong with that car.

Like Le Jour said: If you want a boulevard cruiser or a freeway la-z-boy, pick up a Fleetwood... The last real Caddy... Thirsty as fuck but any chick to whom you give a lift will know you mean business with the ginormous cabin, dat plush velours and the front bench seat...

You know what they say about bench seats: no stick in the way means yo stick in her...............

Get the caddy man u won't regret it!! Just make sure it was always well maintained!!! Crown vics and town car are good cars and comfty but nothing beats a caddy!!!

I know nothing beats a caddy and I really like the look of this model. I'm just disappointed to hear how badly they were made.

The Marauder would be a definite buy but like you said, none are for sale. Also I'm looking for a nice daily for those highway drives and blvd cruise.

Guess I just have to stick it out and wait for a good buy when it pops up. Just wish I had the 10k cash to pick up seomthing nice

I know nothing beats a caddy and I really like the look of this model. I'm just disappointed to hear how badly they were made.

The Marauder would be a definite buy but like you said, none are for sale. Also I'm looking for a nice daily for those highway drives and blvd cruise.

Guess I just have to stick it out and wait for a good buy when it pops up. Just wish I had the 10k cash to pick up seomthing nice

U might want to check the Regal GS, it's a little less luxurious but it`s still a solid car with a solid engine. Supercharged too.

EDIT: look at this :

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camion...oom/568020555?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

2004 was a good year for that platform too. Nego it for 6 grand.

Back