'03 Sedan Sunfire Build / '04 Coupe Sunfire Beater

Daschwitzer

Hey there!

It's been a while I'm on here but never really logged in or posted anything, just did alot of reading!

So here are my 2 GM J-Body's: my '03 Sedan, which is my summer ride, and my '04 coupe, which is my all year beater! I definitely went a route with those 2 cars that not everybody is going to like.

So here are the pictures of most of the mods I did to them until now.

First the sedan when I got her, about 3 years ago, bone stock on steelies!

Got myself some 16'' cavy wheels.

Tinted turn signals/sidemarkers and black painted grill.

Tinted taillights.

It's over with the 4X4 stance, make it grip in the corners! Megan Racing springs (2''/1.9'' Drop), KYB AGX shocks, Front/Rear 1'' addco swaybars, Modded N-Body aluminium control arms with poly bushings, rear 1/2'' spacers. New tires also! 205/55R16 Kumho Ecsta SPT (KU31)

Love the handling!

J-Body Forum Sticker!

Rear window stopper delete.

Random nice pic in the rain!

Rear Tie Bar.

Little clearance issue with the exhaust and tie bar, problem solved! Magnaflow muffler before I've put a tip on.

Before I had my coupe, the Sedan in her winter mod! Black Rallyarmor big ass mudflaps, 16'' VW/Audi Bronze painted steelies with 205/55R16 Kumho I'ZEN (KW22).

After the winter, a change of wheels/tires! Black 17x8'' ET45 Enkei RPF1 (Because lightweight), 225/45R17 Kumho Ecsta XS (KU36) (Because more grip is never bad). NRG black lug nuts. Did some white lettering on the tires, I just love that look!

One more sticker on the rear! CH which is short for Confoederatio Helvetica, which means Switzerland, beacause I'm native from there.

Rear solid delrin axle bushings.

Rear 270mm disc brake conversion. Rear EBC Dodge Neon rotors, Rear Saturn SC Series Caliper, EBC red stuff pads, custom caliper mounting bracket.

Front Big Brake Upgrade! Wilwoods 12.19'' 4 pot.

I'm in love with those brakes!

Upper RK sport motor mount, lower TTR dog bone, TTR tranny bushings.

As she is during winter storage.

Right after I got her out, not even washed yet!

'00-'02 turn signal relocation, Hella 500 Blackmagic aux lights, Hella Supertone Horns (Because wannabe rally car)

Random garage pic!

Moar stopping powa! EBC redstuff ton put on the wilwoods.

PCM relocation, radio delete, whole car emptied (no more door panels, back seat... Because lightweight)

Ebay style front strut brace. In the meantime I save for a OEM Godzillla tower brace!

Pic of the installed turn signal conversion. Stock flasher painted black in the meantime I do a custom grill.

Got a real good deal on a set of 225/50R16 YOKO ADVAN AD048 which I installed on my Cavy wheels (now painted black) For some occasional lapping days! Needed longer ARP wheel studs and 15mm wheel spacers to clear my wilwoods with the 16''s.

Here are some more random pics of last summer!

Here with one of my buddies Genesis.

And here with one of my friends SRT4, that car just goes!!

That's pretty much all I did on the sedan for the moment, but futur mods are on the list!

-Moar Horsepowa!! The 140HP are all needed in the curves!
-Rollcage
-Bucket seats, those stockers suck real bad in a curve with the grip the car is offering now (Probably either Sparco Sprint 5 or Speed 2, not sure yet)
-OEM Godzilla Front Strut Brace
-OEM Rear Triangulated Strut Brace
-Coilovers (to lower her just a bit more, I would really like a set of KW V3)
-???

Now there's the Beater, the coupe!

First bone stock as well, and then...

Brake job! EBC redstuff, as usual for me!

Another set of big ass mudflaps! Red Rallyarmors!

Best winter tires EVER! 195/65R15 Nokian Hakkapellita 7 STUDDED!

So, I needed a roof rack for my bike, no problem! Custom made and freakin' bullet proof!

Needed a sticker to make sure that everyone knows it's a beater!

Got a new set of wheels with some winterslaloms I'll run for summer. I got my Nokians for the winter anyway. Wheels are 15x7'' off a MK4 Golf and I really love the offset which is way higher then the stockers! Painted them white!

Changed the seats for some more confy ones! Leather and heated coming from a Grand Prix!

Some Black Magic skate grip on the pedals, 'cause grippy pedals makes the car way faster!

Had a little beater fun on some dirt roads on a rainy day!

Made a panel for two more switches which feed the 4 spotlights installed on the roof rack!

This is 730W of lights right there!

That's all I have to show you guys! Let the hating begin! :run:

I think your blue one is cool, I'd lose the tinted tails but it's definitely not your ordinary Sunfire, and I always appreciate something different *tu*

The coupe is cool because it's just a joke and it's done on the cheap.

But you put way too much effort and money into the blue one........seriously..........

malgrer le fait que je deteste les j-body, je dois admettre que cest des beaux upgrades. manque juste a jouer dans le moteur.

malgrer le fait que je deteste les j-body, je dois admettre que cest des beaux upgrades. manque juste a jouer dans le moteur.

Il faut definitivement que je joues sur le moteur! Il est accoté ben comme il faut d'in curves avec 140hp. Mais avant il me faut une bonne clutch/flywheel. Ensuite je verai probablement pour un sc de cobalt vu que c'est pas mal la solution la plus simple/fiable/moins dispendieux.

cool .,, thumbs up pour l'originalité!!

et thumbs up pour le decor texaco, je sais pas c'est ou , mais ca l'air super!

Quand j'ai commencé a lire je me suis dis.... O my god....

Finalement...
Everything was better then expected....

Back