Apple tv 3 vs Mavericks = Fail ..

The Overclocker

just got this apple tv 3 60$ kijiji .. great deal !

go home plug it to my macbook pro running Mavericks when playing audio + video = laggg ... audio only = perfectly clear no lag ..

iphone 5 no problem ..

fucking sucks, but for 60$ having Cristal clear wireless audio .. its worth it for me at the moment till new stuff comes out

just wanna give a heads up for future interested folks , and if any has a trick for this fix , would be amazingly appreciated !

ya have the same problem. Kinda pissed when I'm streaming a movie and ever 10 minutes video freezes but audio is fine. I think Apple doing it on purpose to prevent...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5475008?tstart=0

Make sure you have the latest mavericks updates (10.9.1).

Disable your firewall.

If that doesn't help, turn it back on and add "coreaudio" to the list of exceptions that the firewall won´t stop.

Try resetting your ATV3 to original settings and do not update.

Hope it helps.

yup i have the 10.9.1

firewall is already off

apple tv 3 has the latest 6.0 firmwire

yesterday the lag was crazzzzzy , restored the apple tv , then reset all settings now its way better but still lags, before the restore it took 15-25 second for just the pointer being moved .. now after restore its almost smooth but there is clearly lag inbetween .. witch should not be there ..

i cannot watch a movie without lagging every 2-3 seconds .. witch is not watchable like that

this looks like a common problem and apple hasent found a solution yet witch is kinda weird .. oh well .. guess its only going to be audio for now until they find the fix for mavericks... :(

are you using the mirroring function or are you streaming from your itunes library?
mirroring sucks, streaming works like a charm for me. (except on stupidly high bitrate movies - more like a network limitation than an atv issue)

so apple tv suck??

its great .. just not with a macbook running Mavericks , with the iphone its perfect

signal is in 2.4ghz , i know people did the 5ghz setup had improvement since basicaly everything is on 2.4ghz and it causes interference .. ( did my research ! lol )

btw airplay works with wi-fi ... my iphone shoots out 2.4ghz signal same as my macbook .. so the ghz inght the problem .. the mavericks is

btw no i dont use mirroring .. it sucks .. my laptops screen gets cropped , and to much lag and its not what i want to do with it ..

i use my mac as a main screen and the tv for anything i toss at it , example , left click the app i want to open and assign it to display 2 ( the tv )

so i could be watching xmbc or what ever on the tv wile working on my mac at the same time , sometimes its simply for entertaining friends familly ect wile im working on my mac, not actully watching tv since im busy but u get the ideal right ?

well all that doesnt work since it lags every 2-3 seconds and piss's me off at the point that for now im only using it for wireless music, and its preaty good quality to

STRONG this

I've had one for more than 3 years, paid 100$ ahahah

Apple nonsense

i need airplay, its very simple since its built in my laptop, i just right click apple tv and voila .. thats a huuuge + for me .. the fact that its very simple

maybe the WD TV Live is easy to setup... i dont know that

if you want to have non-laggy movies on your TV using the aTV 3 you either have to put all movies in iTunes or install plexconnect.

then, you pick the movies from the atv instead of assigning applications to your seconddisplay (which is some sort of mirroring by the way)

that wont work since i stream and i don't download , for now i guess i have no choice to wait till they pull out a new update

i can only enjoy my music for now with apple tv , its what i wanted in the beginning but i do want video to working but can only wait i guess

60$ for it .. even if video never gets better and i finally never use it .. its not the end of the world for that price

btw i dont use the apple tv for airplay only , i never touch it , i leave its remote hidin cuz i dont use anything on it other then clicking on my laptop connect to apple tv and bam connected, dont even turn on the tv , just the receiver for audio play

love the simplicity of it

Back