My Parts Depot Was Robbed... Need help

drift.mechanic

I got a beautiful phone call today informing me that my parts depot was emptied overnight by 2 guys in a white cube truck. I'm working on getting the plates and faces from our CCTV.

Until then, I'm kinda f*%#ed. I had all my parts required for my upcoming brake replacement, which I need sooner rather than later since my wear sensor light just came on.

I need your help. If you have any of the parts I'm going to list below, please help me out and make me a decent price. Project MU big brake kit, Buddy Club coilovers, ZHP spherical bearing lower control arms, M3 Wavetrack diff (among many many many more)... ALL GONE.

Here's what I need:

BRAKE:
- E46 330I/CI Front calipers with brackets FOUND
- E46 330I/CI Rear calipers with brackets (used, rebuilt or new)
- E46 330I/CI Front rotors and pads FOUND
- E46 330I/CI Rear rotors and pads (new or used)
- E46 330I/CI rear dust shields/handbrake mounting plates FOUND

SUSPENSION:
- E46 330 ZHP or MTEK II Front LCA WITH METAL BALL JOINTS (new or used)
- E46 RTAB limiting washers/plates (new or used)
- E46 Rear Upper Control Arm Outter Ball joint (NEW OEM Spherical bearing)

CHASSIS:
- E46 chassis reinforcement kit (new and preferably complete but can accept a partial kit)
- E46 Sedan Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars (adjustable new or used)
- E46 jack mounting pad (with plastic center rivet in new or used) FOUND
- E46 Sedan LEATHERETTE Rear Folding Seats (back rests and bolsters required, in good to great condition) Apparently coupe doesn't fit, if you know the contrary, please chime in. FOUND

I know I'm missing a bunch more stuff in my list, and I'll update as I go along. I'm going to re-inventory everything to be sure of what's missing. I'll be lucky if anything gets recovered so the search for replacement parts starts now. If, and that's a huge if, I manage to track down the parts and the two guys... I'll make sure to post a very very violent video

Thanks for your help in advance, anything you can contribute is great.

Last edited:
BUMP

No one has any of the parts I need?

E90 Front and rear calipers might be easier to find and would replace the need for E46 330 calipers.

If by the end of the week I haven't made any head way here, I'm closing this thread.

Shardik, thanks for the link. I explored autopartsway.com, Rock auto and WorldPac and all the prices seem to be around the same, except WorldPac is a bit cheaper, 110$ plus tax, no shipping. If i had some cores to give them, wouldn't cost me more than 70$ tax in.

Infortunately, the insurance was majorly mishandled by the owner.

Good news is they found the truck, which was also stolen from a UHaul centre on the North shore. Bad news is, it was empty. But these guys were a special kind of stupid, one of the officers told me there's a paper in the truck containing personal information and has been confirmed to not be a UHaul rental customer. Fingers crossed.

Labatt50, people talk, they always do. It's just a matter of time before one of these clowns has a few too many beers, and brags about robbing a parts depot or two. That person has a conscience and rats this clown out for 1000$ to the cops.

bump for parts still being needed.

Shardik, thanks for the link. I explored autopartsway.com, Rock auto and WorldPac and all the prices seem to be around the same, except WorldPac is a bit cheaper, 110$ plus tax, no shipping. If i had some cores to give them, wouldn't cost me more than 70$ tax in.

Infortunately, the insurance was majorly mishandled by the owner.

Good news is they found the truck, which was also stolen from a UHaul centre on the North shore. Bad news is, it was empty. But these guys were a special kind of stupid, one of the officers told me there's a paper in the truck containing personal information and has been confirmed to not be a UHaul rental customer. Fingers crossed.

Labatt50, people talk, they always do. It's just a matter of time before one of these clowns has a few too many beers, and brags about robbing a parts depot or two. That person has a conscience and rats this clown out for 1000$ to the cops.

bump for parts still being needed.

PM me I can look into the uhaul contract, which the cop can't.

UPDATE:
Thanks to Rudy, I managed to get the rear seats I needed and threw them in. Thanks again big guy.

As for the brakes, I ended up biting the bullet and bought a set of rebuilt front calipers, XtremeStop CD/Slotted zinc coated disks with carbon metallic pads.
Oddly enough, BMW West Island ended up having the rear 330 dust shields in stock... How random. So I bought them, handbrake shoes, hardware kit, brake hoses all around and will be swapping the fronts tomorrow. The rears will wait until next weekend after I receive the last 2 parts required from Rudy's parts car (handbrake cams, the spreading cam actuating the shoes when the lever is pulled.

Still need a bunch of stuff guys. If you have anything, anything at all, please let me know. New or used, as long as it's in good shape, I'll take it.

Last edited:
30-03-2014 UPDATE:

Friday's news was bitter sweet, the guys were caught but all the parts are gone. They haven't located more than a few tid bits but nothing of value.
Insurance was helpful until the arrest, and when the inside job factor came to light, they refused all help and cooperation going forward.
I don't want to publish names in this thread, but check Journal de Montreal on Monday and you'll see for yourselves. I will say this: West Island garage owner and his moron step son.
I will see this through to hopefully recover parts or compensation. Since the parts depot still has bigger and harder to move items in it, including the step son's car, I am filing a seizure order on Monday, basically to obtain legal ownership of his car and all parts, tools and all belongings in my depot. Since the depot is mine, his car has been there for over 180 days, and he's currently being held until his court day, I should be able to obtain ownership very easily. Keep you all posted on this. If I do take possession, I will sell it all off as is (V8 E36 M3, 4 sets of ugly wheels, some OEM E36 parts, Sparco seats, etc...)

What I still need, and pretty ASAP...
- 4x 225/40ZR18
- Wheel stud conversion for E46 in 90mm, preferably bullet nose studs, complete with nuts.
- 1x 18" wheel (5x120) with tire to use as a full size spare
- E46 rear camber arms
- Eurethane or monoball RTAB
- RTAB bushing limiters (if i cannot find the bushing in eurethane or monoball designs)

To help me recoup a bit of cash in this time of need, I'll be making a massive FOR SALE thread tomorrow to part with my spare parts inventory, mostly comprised of brand new OEM BMW suspension parts and accessories. Some performance parts as well.
Check the FS section tomorrow. Unfortunately, I need to sell those spare parts to pay for pressing item that were stolen.

Thanks for the support and help, much appreciated.

Damn incredible story to read, sorry to hear about the theft!! People these days are just ridiculous..

I'll keep a look out on your for sale thread, might be interested if you have any E92 parts. Would be interested in that E36 as well haha

Damn incredible story to read, sorry to hear about the theft!! People these days are just ridiculous..

I'll keep a look out on your for sale thread, might be interested if you have any E92 parts. Would be interested in that E36 as well haha

Yeah it's a bummer, but karma is a huge bitch!

Don't get super excited about his, and soon to be mine (hahahaha), M3. It's a 1998 M3 coupe with a 1UZFE, R154 trans, and a megasquirt. It runs the last time I checked but that was months ago and before his retarded ass did a wire tuck... Most probably has issues now, although won't know until I try. The body is straight but ugly as the ugliest chick in high school: no rust, but non color matching panels (fenders, 1 door and hood are black, car is red), busted ass ebay wheels, missing front bumper skin, rear bumper needs paint. And that's just what I know of. I always knew he was too retarded to build a track car, or any car, or anything for that matter...

I don't think I have much in the way of E92 parts except for some brakes, maybe some mags, a radio? I'll have to inventory properly. Check the BMW A Vendre section later today for a pretty comprehensive list with OEM part numbers, retail prices and my prices. Major deals to be had in these trying times. I really wish I didn't have to sell off my spares and build parts, but I'm in no position to refuse money at the moment having to pay for a new garage door (which they destroyed), a new alarm panel (which they destroyed) and parts/mags/tires that belonged to friends and family members, were stolen while in my possession, so I'm responsible for their replacement.

Definitely not in the position I would like to be in, but as they say, my loss in your gain.

31-03-2014
Sorry for the delay on creating the FS thread, my hands have been full and they're not getting any emptier.
I'll do my best to find time tonight to create at least, a basic FS thread and add as I go.
The sale of these parts is time sensitive so I'm really not helping myself out by procrastinating.

As promised, the FS thread is up in the BMW FOR SALE section. If you see anything you need, just holler.
I think the prices are more than reasonable, some even unreasonable for me (loosing my shirt on a couple of them...) but I need a garage door and funds to purchase missing tires and rims before anything else.

Thanks for everyones help, I really appreciate it

Back