Need Dyno for SAFC tuning w/ TRD Supercharger

wagonsrule

Hi guys, im upping the boost to 6psi on my S/Ced 1MZ (more like 7-8 in cold weather w/230-250whp 260+tq tuned) and i'm looking to tune my car on a dyno with my AFR gauge and SAFC. In Lachute they quoted me something like 700 just to tune it... no way... the SAFC is far too simple to justify that kind of money. 4-5 runs on the dyno for whp numbers there is 100$... why is tuning it 700$??

Any cheap place that tunes cars on a dyno? I may have to do a street tune if i don't find one but a good dyno tune would be great.

I was told they do it at St-Eustache for 200 but i need to know if they still do and if not where to go.

Thanks guys

Go directly in person at Synoptik tuning, dont loose your time trying to call tham, they just dont answer the phone. Besides the telephone not answered, they are top notch profesionnals.

Robin charged me 240$ for two hours of street tune/ 3 chip programmed / oxygen sensor cleaning. He's a mad scientist and knows his stuff throughout.

You can also go to ACSP (patrick) in Laval, he also have an in-house dyno. He's a nissan gearhead but tuned most of the DMCC cars in the recent years.
450-973-1666, he's also pretty busy, he doesn't always answer the phone but when he does, he gives really good service. Just go meet him, it's a practical guy to know on the north shore.

You need to be rich to go to Lachute performance, but unquestionably a very recommended place to get tuned.

Ok thanks a lot! When spring comes i will check those out. Hopefully i can get someone who can get the most out of my S/C with the SAFC with the smaller pulley.

They will stop dialing in the tune before things get ugly, these guys dont tune on the ragged edge anymore.
Dont expect the most, expect the safest with 94 octane. These guys will ask for a relatively new fuel pump before dyno tuning. Time for an aeromotive 340 stealth fuel pump. I dont believe in walbros anymore, the last one I bought died in the same summer (not a ebay one, a real one.)

I have installed a TRE fuel pump for my setup. Heard only good reviews for it and lots of people consider it to be a better quality fuel pump than the walbro's. Easy installation and quiet as OEM.

TRE performance (bough on ebay cheap I suppose, we all get caught in the cheap parts buying galore at one time...) is a casting copy of walbro's but are built with chinese internals. I used it on a turbo'ed miata and it lasted 3 months. Found out when running 22:1 on my wideband gauge, almost fried my engine, towed the car to find out that what made the pump spinning as dislodged in the assembly and it stopped pumping. Personally, ditch that fuel pump ASAP (i mean ASAP) before it costs you an engine, believe me, it happens before making any signs, you only find out when it bust, like a light bulb. Dont cheap on parts that keep your engine alive. Sell it 50$ to finance a real fuel pump (aeromotive 340 stealth or put back the oem one while you finance the fuel pump, end of the story.)

Sorry for being so categoric about the fuel pump changeover but its the best suggestion I can give you, brother.

Just a side note, please do not confuse Almasi Tuning with Synoptic Tuning. Robin Almasi does not, and never has, worked at or for Synoptic Tuning. Almasi Tuning uses our dyno, is in the same locale, but is an entirely different business entity.

Instead of the Aeromotive pump, we (Synoptic) recommend the AEM which is virtually the exact same unit, at a fraction of the cost. They are in stock at Synoptic Tuning.

PS - Keep in mind that most OEM fuel pressure regulators won't be able to handle the high output of almost all after market fuel pumps due to the return orifice of the OEM regulator being too small. That is to say, most OEM regulators won't be able drop pressures back to OEM levels with the high output fuel pumps.

Yes sir, I will not confuse the two entities no more. Sorry for the mistake. It won't happen again. Just to say that the entire shop at Delson is very competent and professionnal. They do magic for customers, very knowledgeable and kind.

I might be in need for a fuel pump in my 180sx, what would be the cost for the AEM unit?

Almasi sucks stay away he blew my engine on the dyno and left me dry stay away
this guys has no idea about tunning!!!!

Any cheap place that tunes cars on a dyno?

always-someone-cheaper.jpg

What ever happened to your Dyno!? :( I use to go almost every 2nd weekend with HD Tuning and our turbo civic's way back then! Miss those times.

I started a new business. Sold my dyno to Unitronic! Very good times were had during those 10 years. Especially with HD Tuning :) Thanks for dropping by !

Back