Does anyone still street race?

Dubweiser

I remember back in the early 2000's I used to regularly (ie once a week) street race at a random light or on the highway.

It seems today, even if I'm driving a nice or modded car, I haven't had someone pull up at a light or on the highway and try to have a go at it...

Is it just cause I'm older or have the street racing fines actually completely discouraged people from racing?

I'm way to paranoid for cops, can't afford to get any more tickets or loose my licence.

Otherwise I'd race for sure, like do highway pulls in the middle of the night or something.

Most people probably feel the same way.

Done a few highway pull back in the day when my supra was still 7mgte...
Nowadays they will throw you in jail for a 60-130 pull on the highway. Plus I need my license to work, can't afford to loose it.
I have no choice but to go to the strip from time to time but launch are destructive as f*ck on my drivetrain.

Never understood who you are hurting by doing pulls on a empty highway, between two wheat field @ 3:00 AM, should be tolerated

Can't really street race with:

1) all the potholes
2) all the traffic
3) all the construction
4) all the cops

I still do once in a while.

Last summer alone
991 Turbo vs 360 Modena
911 Turbo vs Turbo G35
Tuned 135i vs many things...

I even have a gopro video of me getting caught street racing two years ago at 100+mph in a 40mph zone.

BTW, I have absolutely no demerit points.

I do, all summer long, on the highways.
Whenever I see a modded car, I manage my way up to him, wave him and downshift. 25% of people will downshift and go for it.
I sometimes even just drive the car for fun and to find people to race with lol

Depends on the car really. When I had my RSX beater, 100% of people would go for it. Now with the Supra / Viper, people seems afraid lol.
Hard to find 500hp+ street cars with drivers who wants to race them on the highway.

Never in town tho, too many cops / potholes / stupid drivers / low speed limits / people crossing the street / bicycles / etc

3-4 fois semaine il y a du monde qui veulent se pogner contre moi sur l'autoroute... des fois sa me tente d'Autre fois non ;)

I do all the time.

Almost daily.

There's always somebody on the highway that's willing to give it a go. Light to light.. very rarely.

I do all the time.

Almost daily.

There's always somebody on the highway that's willing to give it a go. Light to light.. very rarely.

Drove a slightly modded MK6 GTI for a week ( STG1 + STG2 clutch ) at the end of summer last year... Couldn't be left alone by ti-counes for 5 smacking minutes!
Spanked them hard, too. Fucking comedy.

I don't do pulls with the bunny tough. I'll keep on losing :(

I still do once in a while.

Last summer alone
991 Turbo vs 360 Modena
911 Turbo vs Turbo G35
Tuned 135i vs many things...

I even have a gopro video of me getting caught street racing two years ago at 100+mph in a 40mph zone.

BTW, I have absolutely no demerit points.

Go to love good lawyers!!!

I would.
Only under certain circumstances tho
1. Car has to be somewhat competitive
2. Has to be manual
3. Clear road ahead
4. No presence of obstacles or cops

Which means i never race anymore with my current car+road i take+amount of ticket hungry cops.

Les possibles repercussions sont trop lourdes, not worth it. Granted id be tempted to race it if I had something that has some power but then again, id be cautious and would choose carefully. Apres un GEV, jy pense deux fois.

"Why did you burn a red light @ 60mph ?" "Well I was street racing" "You were street racing in a Prius?" "Yeah well I rarely win"

Back