Places to travel alone for a few weeks?

Fall? Tough it out and head to Germany for a month in September. That's what I did. I breathe just to do it again . the Oktoberfest is something out of this world.

Go to india, you can easily communicate with people in english, its dirt cheap and youll find whichever climate you want and you can do whatever activities you want!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Road trip is interesting. But I'm afraid I won't enjoy it.
1. Drove to Florida. Hated the long drive. Then again I was in a rush and didn't stop to enjoy.
2. Driving the GTR to Cali would be crazy on fuel and comfort. My work beater I wouldn't trust. I'm planning on buying a lexus LS soon. Maybe that will be good to do it. How long is the drive with interesting stops?

Hawaii and all travel I have more than enough points to cover the flight. I only speak English French and Armenian. I'm picky with food too so scared of japan and Asia but would love a nice beach in those exotic Asian locations.

Well, based on all the info you gave I think your initial direction was good. If airfare costs are not important, I think a couple of islands in Hawaii (the quiter ones) is one of the better choices. You have those high volcanoes, you have the beaches, it can be very peaceful in certain areas and there would be no communication problems. The only challenge will remain to find reasonably priced accommodations and for that, maybe someone who has been to Hawaii can give more info on. As far as I know basic hotels/motels go for around 100$/night or more but there may be other options, like renting a studio (especially if you'll be staying 3 weeks-1 month) or something.

Other ideas where communication will not be a problem:
Route 66 - California
This idea was pretty good but it will involve a lot of driving and the portion between Montreal and New Mexico (more than half) will be pretty boring. Afterwards there's a bunch a interesting places to go see, all the way to California from where you can go north and come back through the northern US that should be pretty picturesque....until you reach the lakes of course. Another disadvantage is that even 4 weeks may seem rushed if you actually want to sit back and relax in many of these places. If your not picky with accommodations you can find cheap places to stay in most places except Cali. Another downside is that while the beaches in Cali are nice, the water is cold.

Cali only
There are plently of quiet nature oriented areas in Cali that are beautiful. Given what you want and the time you want to spend, I would rather chose this than a big road trip leaving from Montreal.

Northern Maine coast
Bar Harbor and Boothbay Harbor areas are nice and quiet but typical New England charm. No big cities, nature not too far but still have all modern conveniences. If you want to be alone with nature though, it may not be the best option. Water is also very cold and beaches rocky.

Rocky Mountains and Outer Banks
Another "by car" destination where you can be in nature in the Smokey mountains half the time and then spend the other half in a quieter area of the Outer Banks for the beachside part of the trip. On the plus side you can take the GTR and do Tail of the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway (I think it;s called). Downside is that the drive to get there will be a little boring but at least it's not that long.

Ireland and/or Scotland
I'm obviously not talking about pub crawling in the bigger cities but rather exploring the country side here. It's full of quiet and serene places with a rich history. Downside is that weather is often crappy (rainy/foggy) and I'm not sure how easy it is to find cheap accommodations.

Australia
A road trip avoiding the big metro areas. Tasmania, Kangaroo Island and the Blue Mountains. Again, finding cheap accommodations may be difficult. Actually based on a friend of mine's (also member here) recent experience in Australia, everything is expensive. Flight is also annoyingly long.

Off the beaten path islands in Oceania
There's many to choose from, they speak English in most of them. Kiribati is on my bucket list personally. You can find cheap (but simple) accommodations in most of these islands but airfare is pricey and long (but if your sure that's not a problem). They are a bit one sided in terms of flora and fauna but the beaches are heavenly. New Caledonia is the biggest one and will offer the most diversity.

St-Lucia
It's in the Caribbean so beaches are awesome but it also has mountains and it's not as busy as some other places. Not sure how easy it would be to find cheap accommodations but I'm thinking that maybe when renting a studio for a month it might be possible. It's also pretty safe compared to a place like Jamaica for instance.

Choices where communication will be so-so
Thailand
There's a bunch of places in the south of Thailand where you can have the peace and quiet your looking for and beautiful beaches but you have do your homework before because there's also a bunch of them crawling with western backpackers that came to party. An advantage here is very cheap accommodations and cheap food.

Portugal
Plenty to see and do here and more than enough quiet areas. Can be pretty affordable as well. This would be in my top choices for what you're looking for but not sure about communication.

Transylvania (Romania)
No, not because it's where the Dracula story originated but because there is a lot of unspoiled natural beauty and a rich culture and history to discover and both food and accommodations can be cheap and easy to find. Disadvantage: beach is somewhat far and the beach towns are more for party people than those seeking peace and quiet.

Southern and Western Germany
Medieval castles, beautiful mountains, no speed limit highways. Not sure how cheap it is though + no beach.

Lombok (Indonesia) has all of them. And they are not running after tourists like in Bali. But it's not there that you will have a real conversation in english with the locals, they know the minimum to rent/sell you stuff.

When I said Mountains I was referring to something more "northern", like the Alps or Rockies. Even if tropical places have mountains, the flora and fauna are not the same.

Go to india, you can easily communicate with people in english, its dirt cheap and youll find whichever climate you want and you can do whatever activities you want!

Not sure if srs, OP wants peace and quiet and you send him to one of the most densely populated countries in the world + lack of infrastructure, bad sanitation. He also said he's a picky eater....that doesn't scream India to me.

Not sure if srs, OP wants peace and quiet and you send him to one of the most densely populated countries in the world + lack of infrastructure, bad sanitation. He also said he's a picky eater....that doesn't scream India to me.

Did you ever go?! Precisely to thrivandrum, kochi, malana, menalli to name a few.

@edit: Sorry, reading your post you obviously have been traveling, however if you have been to India, you have to admit that it would give OP a whole new perspective on life and put a very nice brake to his current struggles...

Thrivandrum, very nice beaches, nice weather, not crowded at all and plenty or nature to relax.

Kochi, situated in the south is to me the best food there is in all of india, again you have outside the city some very nice beaches and very beach like surfer town atmosphere.

Malana and menalli high in the mountains, very relaxed and laid back with excellent food.

I must admit it is a bit chaotic at places but its well worth mentioning India as a destination to get a "fix" from the western world. Spiritually amazing...

My 2 pennys

I have not been and you obviously know what you're talking about so I retract my statement. It's just very hard to get past that cliche image that India has.

Back