Google commemorates the best F1 driver of all time today

allroad

Ayrton Senna would have been 54 today. RIP and nice touch Google.

ayrton-sennas-54th-birthday-5461506921594880-hp.jpg

Who's best according to you? IMO recent F1 champions are not in the same league because of all the assistance to driving they have.

The best driver is Senna IMO, followed by Fangio

and the best "unranked" is Gilles Villeneuve, IMO

Lauda

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Lauda etait malade, ils me fait penser a michael Schumacher. Ils sont tous les deux allemand et ils savent tout les deux comment profiter au maximum de leur voiture

Envoyé de mon SGH-I747M en utilisant Tapatalk

Who's best according to you? IMO recent F1 champions are not in the same league because of all the assistance to driving they have.

The best driver is Senna IMO, followed by Fangio

and the best "unranked" is Gilles Villeneuve, IMO

just look "pedal cam" view from 80's and now ... today's F1 is more an engineer competition than a car racing one...

Lauda était quelque chose, j'ai vraiment aimé le film à son sujet!

rush ! vraiment un bon film !

All time great, but best?

:)

I was fortunate to witness part of the golden era of F1 mid 80's to early 90's. To this day I can clearly remember Senna's exploits and they were phenomenal. Monaco GP, Donington Park lap 1 in the rain, Brazilian GP with the Mclaren stuck in 6th gear, and the list goes on and on...There were no electronics, Senna had to deal with the FIA and JM Balestre on his back all the time. To this day, I cannot think of any other driver as talented as Ayrton. Yes there was Michael, now Alonso, Lewis, Vettel but they don't have what Ayrton had.

And that sad May 1st 1994 took him from us.

Hard to say who was the best, but he's my favourite. Incredible heart and character. R.I.P.

If you have seen "Senna", it's well worth hunting down.

Sennaposter_1500-700x1037.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe it's been 20 years since he passed away.. I remember that race as if it were yesterday.

Good job Google! Apart from my dad, Ayrton Senna is the other reason I got into cars. I was following religiously F1 as a kid because of him and I kinda stopped caring about it soon after he was gone.

Its a shame my father wasn't into Formula 1 before Jacques Villeneuve, I never saw Senna's exploit on television. I was only 6 years old when he died but after seeing the documentary Senna, I truly understand the legend he is.

dire qu'aujourd'hui il serait probablement sorti de la voiture en marchand et saluant la foule!

RIP

Back