Article: 2014 Mustang V6 base...

Check out my Roush exhaust. this isnt tame lol. There is slight drone in 6th gear when the engine is lugging i.e. going up a hill but its nothing to write home about

I love it. Will try to have that installed this summer.

And going the extra mile like this guy is just SO tempting but that won't happen haha.

too bad , malgres l'interieur laid et la grosseur du char. Je trouve que ca sonne vraiment bien , bonne performance pour le prix et gas raisonable !

Really good informative thread. I'm adding it to the front page and will pose the question: Is it ever ok to buy a V6 Mustang?

Ca sonne dont ben comme de la marde.... Je m'attendais pas un son comme ca sortir d'une Mustang... Si tu t'en achete une svp mets pas de headers dessus. :(

La combinaison des Headers avec l exhaust est pas tres bonne. A mon avis avec des exhauts plus discrets ca serait beaucoup mieux.

Qui aurait cru qu'un thread créé par une autre personne que Trish aurait atteint 7 pages à propos d'une Ford Mustang.... V6 ?!?!?!?!?

Pourquoi neuf ? Si tu dis que ta pas l'argent pour une GT, tu doit etre un peu serré sur le porte-feuille? alors pourquoi faire le pire investissement que tu peu faire de ta vie; une voiture neuve !??

T'achete sa quoi, 27,000$ incluant les taxes neuf? 1 an plu tard sa vaut 22k, deux ans plus tard sa vaut 17k et trois ans plus tard sa vaut 14-15k? toi ton pret en 3 ans ya baisser de combien? Pas beaucoup, parce que tout ce que ta payer c les intérets dans les premières annés, alors tes encore a 19,000$ a remboursé sur ton pret avec une auto qui vaut 14k, pire décision de marde.

La seul VRAI bonne raison d'acheter neuf ces si ces une auto que tu sais que tu va gardé toute la durée de ton pret, ce qui réalistement n'est pas le cas, tu va te tanner de ta mustang v6 bien avant les 5 prochaines années...

Moi je dis, achete sa 1-2 ans usagé, ces pas mal plus worth it.

I didn't read the whole thread but here is my opinion.

I rented a 2012 Mustang VS convertible for a few days back in 2011. I was able to fit 2 full size golf bags and pull carts in the trunk, that was surprising. I enjoyed the car, it drove relatively well. I seriously considered purchasing one back then with a manual transmission but in the end I got a used BMW convertible. If I were to buy one, I think I would try and buy a GT, but I understand that budget concerns might not allow everyone to do that. The V6 is adequate and you can get a tune that makes it even better. I would also only buy a manual.

On a side note, a colleague of mine at work is interested in selling her 2012 Mustang Convertible V6 premium. Nice car, very clean and well maintained. Always washed. She wants to move back to a small car, she came from an Toyota Echo to the Mustang, so she never felt super comfortable with with car. Let me know if you or anyone else is interested and I can put you in touch.

I didn't read the whole thread but here is my opinion.

I rented a 2012 Mustang VS convertible for a few days back in 2011. I was able to fit 2 full size golf bags and pull carts in the trunk, that was surprising. I enjoyed the car, it drove relatively well. I seriously considered purchasing one back then with a manual transmission but in the end I got a used BMW convertible. If I were to buy one, I think I would try and buy a GT, but I understand that budget concerns might not allow everyone to do that. The V6 is adequate and you can get a tune that makes it even better. I would also only buy a manual.

On a side note, a colleague of mine at work is interested in selling her 2012 Mustang Convertible V6 premium. Nice car, very clean and well maintained. Always washed. She wants to move back to a small car, she came from an Toyota Echo to the Mustang, so she never felt super comfortable with with car. Let me know if you or anyone else is interested and I can put you in touch.

Thanks but im not really into convertible mustangs.

you can buy a 3 year old gt with low km for the same price as as a base v6. IMO the V6 muscle car is only acceptable in 3 cases

1. Clean shell for a good price. (Not acceptable if you drive it every summer while your plans to swap it get set back for years)

2. Fun Winter beater

3. You are not a car person but you don't want to drive a mundane econobox/crossover/etc like the sheep.

Arguments for the V6 in any other case are invalid. Get off the internet and try them yourself.

Oui daily driver. Question a ceux qui peuvent me repondre, la valise semble etre vraiment grande. Jusqua quel point?

J'ai une V6 Pony Package 2012 et je n'ai pas de problème à partir 4 ou 5 jours avec ma blonde et tous les bagages nécessaires. Le coffre est plutot grand pour une voiture sport.... faut juste pas le remplir de subwoofers ;-). En passant, les dossiers de la banquette se rabattent pour les trucs plus longs.

you can buy a 3 year old gt with low km for the same price as as a base v6. IMO the V6 muscle car is only acceptable in 3 cases

1. Clean shell for a good price. (Not acceptable if you drive it every summer while your plans to swap it get set back for years)

2. Fun Winter beater

3. You are not a car person but you don't want to drive a mundane econobox/crossover/etc like the sheep.

Arguments for the V6 in any other case are invalid. Get off the internet and try them yourself.

He did tried them. Être travailleur autonome, faire beaucoup de route et conduire un v8 sport est juste irréfléchie.

Envoyé de mon HTC One en utilisant Tapatalk

Jai vu plusieurs 2011 avec le volant fait avec le meme matériel que le centre du volant de la deuxieme photo que tu as posté. De toute facon, c est pas la fin du monde.

j'avais un magnifique volant en plastique dans ma V6 2012, digne des plus beau taxis jaunes.... j ai remplacé par un volant de GT500, très facile à faire et pas mal plus agréable a manipuler

Personne n'a parlé de "gear ratio" du différentiel, il est de 2.73 sur les V6 de base et de 3.31 avec le Performance Package ou en option (je crois). Le 3.31 était standard sur mon Pony Package 2012 et je dirais que c'est essentiel pour bien utiliser la puissance du moteur. Facilement vérifiable, il y a un sticker sur différentiel et on peut le voir en regardant sous le pare-choc.

I would regret such a purchase every day of my life.

V8 is a part of a Mustang's image. Otherwise it is like buying BMW an e34 m5 with a v10 m5 swap. Sure it might be exciting and superior in some aspects, in this particular case more favorable in terms of price difference... But that's just not the point.

You mentionned earlier you were interested in a sport RWD, look at BRZ/FRS for the money, otherwise go for a 2012 GT

Back