Anyone else see a problem here (2014 Mitsubishi Recession content)

Dubweiser

Just saw this commercial on TV.

I asked myself since when does the Mirage come with 17-18" wheels and wide low profile tires.

Well it doesn't, Mitsubishi seems to be advertising the car in a trim that doesn't even exist.

Actual car:

2014-Mitsubishi-Mirage-drive-review-front-3-4-purple.jpg

Seems like they have to scam people to walk into their dealers now.

Mitsubishi prend tellement de mauvaise décision depuis quelques années que ca va apporter sa perte. C'est dommage puisque j'ai toujours aimé Mitsubishi, j'ai même pousser les gens a aller s'en acheter pour les bonnes garanties qui sont très avantangeuse et la qualité du produit.

Je comprend pas le fait d'avoir tué l'éclipse ... D'accord c'étais pas une superbe voiture mais reste que le nom et la plateforme était quand même bonne. Une nouvelle génération revue et ammélioré aurais peux-être aidé ?

Même chose pour la Lancer. La dernière génération est excellente, coté style, fiabilité , ect. Mais ca commence a daté en criss ... Les gens finissent par aller voir ailleurs.

Pourquoi ne pas avoir garder un VUS full size comme le Endeavour ?

Ou est la Galant ??????

LOLL .. mitsubishi .. the end ... right ..
vous savez que faire des autos est un sideline pour la compagnie ?

I always looked at mitsu as like subaru without the boxer (yaay). In reality my impressions are complete false cause most of there models are FWD complete crap. At least subaru has a complete AWD line up going for them, at least you have 1 good reason to buy them.

Mitsubishi cant compete with the FWD toyotas, and they can't compete with Subaru, so they put themselves into a market alone where you can only buy them if you're a fanboy. Unless they shape up they really won't gain much market share.

Pas sur que tu puisses fitter des roues 17~18" dans ces ailes la stock moi.

En meme temps ca pourrait juste etre des 15 ou 16"?

je me fais l'avocat du diable parce que Mistoubishi m'ont fait chier en fermant le dealer sur Saint-jean. Au point que je considere changer la Lancer qui est pourtant une excellente voiture que j'aime bien.

Pas sur que tu puisses fitter des roues 17~18" dans ces ailes la stock moi.

En meme temps ca pourrait juste etre des 15 ou 16"?

je me fais l'avocat du diable parce que Mistoubishi m'ont fait chier en fermant le dealer sur Saint-jean. Au point que je considere changer la Lancer qui est pourtant une excellente voiture que j'aime bien.

We will never know the real size of the wheels in the commercial since they are CGI, but judging from the sidewall I'd wager they are 17" if they were real. The biggest wheel available on the ES is 14".

The Mirage also comes with 165-65-14 tires in both ES and SE trim. Tires in this ad look a heck of a lot wider than that...

Cheap-Car-2014-Mitsubishi-Mirage-ES-Rear-Side-Exterior.jpg

Isn't it just like at the Salon de l'auto where lots of cars have nice aftermarket wheels not even offered by the dealers...

I see no problem with the advertising, guess you've never seen a car advertised with a low monthly payment and a picture, just to find our that the low payment is for the base model and the picture shows the top end model. This tactics is used everywhere, you want people to look and nobody look twice when you show a base model on steelies.

I see no problem with the advertising, guess you've never seen a car advertised with a low monthly payment and a picture, just to find our that the low payment is for the base model and the picture shows the top end model. This tactics is used everywhere, you want people to look and nobody look twice when you show a base model on steelies.

It's accepted to show a high end model when advertising a stripper model.

Thats not what's happening here. Someone at the marketing dept saw the Mirage and said "we have to sell THAT?". Then they used CGI to enhance the car, oversized the wheels and tires to make it look better.

That's not the same as showing a Corolla S with the Corolla CE payments, there's usually a fine print stating "Corolla S model pictured". In the Mirage's case, they enhanced the car and advertising a look that is simply fake and unavailable up to the
public. Theres a big difference there.

I always looked at mitsu as like subaru without the boxer (yaay). In reality my impressions are complete false cause most of there models are FWD complete crap. At least subaru has a complete AWD line up going for them, at least you have 1 good reason to buy them.

Mitsubishi cant compete with the FWD toyotas, and they can't compete with Subaru, so they put themselves into a market alone where you can only buy them if you're a fanboy. Unless they shape up they really won't gain much market share.

This.
In NA their line up always sucked even 10 years ago at the canadian launch, their current situation has nothing new. It's more like Suzuki than Subaru.
And the Mirage is actually cheaper in Japan than any of Mitsubishi's Kei car, so it's normal not to percieve a lot of quality in this car.

Back