Karting Through The Streets Of The Isle Of Man Is Just Nuts

No, these are 250cc shifter karts, 0-100 km/h in about 3 sec and have top speeds of around 200 km/h. Gotta be fit as fuck to drive these things lol

I realise they're crazy fast, the video just doesn't look right. Even they way the people walk at the end, it looks to me like it's sped up 20-30% or something.

Compared to these:

I'd love to be wrong!

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what is the left pedal for in the first video?

It´s obviously not a clutch because he doesn't press it while upshifting (unless hes upshifting without the clutch?)...

Is it to control front/rear brakes independently?

Last edited:
hehe ça me rappelle des vieux souvenirs...Tag faisait la même chose dans le quartier.

Aujourd'hui le monde appelle la police pcque les jeunes jouent au hockey dans la rue tellement sont pu habitués de les voir jouer dehors! lol

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what is the left pedal for in the first video?

It´s obviously not a clutch because he doesn't press it while upshifting (unless hes upshifting without the clutch?)...

Is it to control front/rear brakes independently?

Like a car.

It's a 2 stroke 5 or 6 speed.
They barely use the clutch depending of the situation.

Like a car.

It's a 2 stroke 5 or 6 speed.
They barely use the clutch depending of the situation.

Yeah make sens I though about it but I wasn't sure if he was really upshifting all gears without the clutch haha

Yeah make sens I though about it but I wasn't sure if he was really upshifting all gears without the clutch haha

Same with a sport bike, I never used the clutch upshifting except first gear.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Usually the clutch on a shifter kart is a hand lever behind the steering wheel, but on this one it's a pedal for the clutch. You only use it to get going, the rest is just letting go of the throttle when shifting.

Back