Road Trip to Boston, Philadelphia and Washington

Raptor_86

Hello to all,

I am planning an 8-day short road trip to these 3 cities and am currently looking for hotels. I aas wondering what would be best to do considering the fact that I want to save money from parking each time we move around in the city to visit (whether it's the Supreme Court in Washington, or a museum, etc.) Should I be taking a free parking in a hotel which is not located downtown and go downtown by cab or metro every day?

Any tips and tricks?

Thanks to all,

I ended up in super ghetto parts of SF when I tried to get free parking and proximity of downtown. If you are travelling with a bunch of (male) friends then I guess it's not a big deal, whoever if travelling with your gf I'd pay 50-100 box more to be in a clean hood.

my 2 cents

Washington DC is a shithole as soon as you step out of the "capital hill" area.

Boston was nice.

Never been to Philadelphia.

Some hotels downtown are pretty expensive, 350-400 a night. I guess what I'll do is take a clean Comfort Inn, 20 mins car distance from all the highlights and park if need be if indeed it is cheap.

Parking in Boston is not cheap! 35-40$ a day. Stay at a hotel outside Boston and take public transit. Super cheap. I took the subway in Boston 3 years ago and it was like 1.25$.

Both in Boston and DC, we simply used either Hotel.com or Expedia.com. 90-110$night+30$ daily parking is typical in pretty much every big American city, downtown for a couple for a 3.5 to 4 stars hotel relatively close to downtown.

If you feel adventurous and are looking for potentially funnier experience (on top of usual prime location). Check-out the Hosteling International places. Huge choice of either rooms, dorms, shared rooms from 35-100$/night. Tons of people from all over the world and usually slightly cheaper parking.

http://www.hihostels.com/

Merci de vos suggestions, j'vais probablement prendre le meilleur hôtel côté rapport-qualité prix et payer le parking pour mes visites ou prendre le métro au besoin.

Back