$1700 tax in for new bumper + scratch repair: makes sense?

portugz

a9ubuse9.jpg

Don't feel like dealing with insurance for this.

Make sense if the bumper is replaced by a OEM one and not by a jobber and if it's the quote for an insurrance job.

A rear bumper + paint + the whole shabang on my S4 was $2800.

What's your deductible? Even if they decide to raise your rates by $50 per year or something, that's 20 years to get to $1000 for example. And by then you'll be so old it'll have dropped. Compared to shelling out $1700 now I'd go with the insurance.

What's your deductible? Even if they decide to raise your rates by $50 per year or something, that's 20 years to get to $1000 for example. And by then you'll be so old it'll have dropped. Compared to shelling out $1700 now I'd go with the insurance.

This sums it up.

un body shop de dealer charge environ 500$ par panneaux, donc 500 pour le bumper arriere, 500$ pour celui avant + 3-400$ pour le cover bumper + TX tu est a 1700$

par contre c'est un prix pour les assurances, si tu paye toi même en général il vont coupé un peux

achete toi un bumper cheapo, fait le peinturer et install le toi meme. ca devrait pas te couter plus que 500$ all in.

si non, c'est sure que si tu regarde juste le morceau de plastique et un peu de peinture ca te semble cher. mais oublie pas que les garage charge pres de 100$ de lheure maintenant, le temps qui enleve ton vieu, reinstall le nouveau.

ca monte vite un bill.

my problem with the insurance is that I got my first ever at fault in November. Honestly, I've had complete shit luck in the past couple of months.

la reparation va etre mieux faites si tu change le bumper, si non sa va etre bourrer de puter

you are paying for your insurance for a reason.
why would you wanna dish out another 1000$ when you already pay as much per year for your insurance for a case like this.
premium will go up a bit but that doesn't mean anything. you can always shop for another insurance company that offers better rate to compensate the increase.

lol, this may be paranoia, but 2 claims in that short of time, cancellation? I really don't know how it works to be honest...

2 claims in a short period of time is not really a problem, if you have another claim in a short amount of time ( your third one ) it will cause you trouble.

I would suggest to go for that front bumper cover replacement with your insurance co. , then again it all depends on your deductible. That fender liner might be damage aswell...

That rear bumper could be fixed for around 250-300$ in most good bodyshop (partial painting and full clear coat).

It is mostly a 2 claims situation, could you have lost control in a snow storm and cause both damages under 1 event ... ;)

2 claims in a short period of time is not really a problem, if you have another claim in a short amount of time ( your third one ) it will cause you trouble.

I would suggest to go for that front bumper cover replacement with your insurance co. , then again it all depends on your deductible. That fender liner might be damage aswell...

That rear bumper could be fixed for around 250-300$ in most good bodyshop (partial painting and full clear coat).

It is mostly a 2 claims situation, could you have lost control in a snow storm and cause both damages under 1 event ... ;)

deductible is $500. if I claim the bumper, I'll make sure the back bumper is claimed with it.

j'ai du duck tape et un peu de peinture blanche coquille d'oeuf qui traine, jpense meme qui me reste des pinceaux pour te faire la job. 50$

Back