Event Coverage: Went to BMW Laval i8 unveiling / MiniLaval Party tonight

track3000

Legacy Member
BMW Launch party for i3, anyone going?

Launch party for BMW i8 in Laval, just waiting for traffic to die down then im going. Would be better to talk to some real car guys (or planes lol)

Gregster, MontrealM3, allroad?? etc

Last edited:
I saw them all in Miami in December at the Art Basel show. Out of coincidence the "unveiling" was at the fontainebleau where I was staying.

Gregster is there i think

j'ai été invité mais je ne peux pas y aller! :(:( J'ai des photos de la I8 sur place, sexy as fck

Didn't see your post until now. Was there, met with Gregster. Shit load of people (I mean alot...), got hungry and took off before the unveiling. Asked Gregster to post pics. Cars were under wraps, including the i8 but I don't understand why they put the cars in a corner. Should have put them in the middle of the M section. Star of the night, the M235i. Always get a kick at these events to see how people dress up for une soirée...

Sad that we won't get them in Sherbrooke. Laval will be the only dealer in Quebec to carry them du to high requierement of BMW.

What a night and what a party! I didn't stick around for the i8 unwrapping but begged MsMiranda to send me a photo. I'd have to the say the MiniLaval Party was trendier and catered to a younger crowd. However that being said 9/10 night.. Luckily we got there early as the valet line was only a few minutes compared to the 20mins some people waited in. Also got to meet MR member Allroad!

Sorry for the crappy photo quality but my iPhone is le cracked so I went back in time to 2006...
089_zpsd82acfa4.jpg

066_zps875fda5e.jpg

046_zpsdfedc68e.jpg

058_zps6ffbc251.jpg

052_zpsb6f83ba1.jpg

084_zpsc1a2a39d.jpg

062_zps0af855d6.jpg

i8
10173293_10153972639540128_650477613_n_zps4d4dc724.jpg

As Gregster pointed out, the Mini side had better ambiance and entertainment. I bailed early because I was too hungry and never made it back. Was nice to meet a fellow MR member.

likewise!

I wasn't too disappointed not getting to see the i8 as I had already seen it in Toronto. I did like that the valet parking was smooth even with the wait time leaving.

Ça avait d'l'air d'un party ou les gens sont la pour se montrer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I posted last minute member search but just realized it was in OFF TOPIC, stayed pretty late, lots of bubbly and wine to induce my headache this morning - hung out with sugar Sammy for a bit it was fun!!

the i3 was also getting a lot of attention compared!

the setup could have been better, i8 in the corner under those head lamps were brutal. They should have put an M3 in the mix for some eye candy..

Back