Whats your oil choice

dens

So since everyone is preparing to take their bikes out (or those who already did) Which oil do you use? I'm thinking about Shell Rotella T6 10w40 but would like to hear some comments/suggestions first and just simply share you experiences!

From which oil did you guys switch and what change did you notice, i just read some guy claim Mobil 1 runs quieter compared to Shell..... :dunno:

Motul 300v, I saw a significant improvement with the transmission/clutch on my bike compared to mineral oil.

300v might be overkill though, 7100 or even synthetic blend 5100 would probably do just fine.

I used to use Motul in my older bikes, now I use Triumph's full synthetic oil ... I know i'm paying a whole lot too much for the same thing but hey that makes me feel good !

I've noticed a few guys run oils that are not specially formulated for motorcycle. Note that some bikes share the oil between the transmission/clutch and engine so using a motorcycle formulated oil is much better in these application.

I've noticed a few guys run oils that are not specially formulated for motorcycle. Note that some bikes share the oil between the transmission/clutch and engine so using a motorcycle formulated oil is much better in these application.

Best way to burn a clutch up.

Most motorcycle share oil between trans, engine, clutch.....I don't know much about some that don't except 2 strokes!

even in my 2 stroke: I put 5100 in the trans.

Back