News: Firefighters Smash BMW's Windows to Stretch Hose Toward 8-Alarm Blaze

i'm not an expert in fluid dynamics and pressure loss, but again i highly doubt the impact of the pressure loss due to bend radius on the hose by deflecting it over the roof.
also if you look closely, the hose touches the ground after the bmw, if it were that important they would install supports to keep the hose of in the air ( maintain height) to prevent the loss of presure due to bending.
if you do a bit of math, you'll realize that the angle from top part of the window to ground vs roof to ground it's only a few degrees.
another solution was would have been to pass the hose outside of the car over the windhield/wiper area that way it woudl have been at the same height as through the window ( you would have a left/right deflection)
or as we can see the height of the hydrant is closer to the ground than it is to go through the window, you would have a smaller angle deflection if you would pass the hose under the car. ( if the car is not lowered).
doesn't look like the windows were smashed but more that they were lowered. as the hose doesn't lay on the door rather in the air ( is it becase of water pressure )?

again the BMW has no right to be parked there, but i believe half of the reason was to prove a point to the douchebag.

If the car was (being very generous) 4ft tall. The pressure loss would be 1.74psi

Hydrants usually supply roughly 50psi.

Nozzle reduction turns that in to 100-150psi depending on settings.

Now if they were feeding it to a pumper truck. Then the truck needs about 30psi to feed the pump, in which case they just did this to be dicks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

You don't care about psi, it's gallons/min that's important. By your comments I see you know absolutely nothing about firefighters. The first line is correct but the rest is ALL wrong.

Oui c'est un 4" storz qui est utilisé en alimentation pas mal partout sauf à mtl qui utilisent 2x3". Il passe plus d'eau dans 4" que 2x3" mais pour des raisons d'espace et de traffic la ville de mtl a choisi l'alimentation en 3". Selon les photos que je vois je ne pense pas que le bris de vitre a été excessif.

I saw Guzzo 2 weeks ago park his Ferrari FF in a handicap parking spot. The cops came by to give him a ticket and he ran out complaining and told the cops if they give him a ticket he'll just keep the car there anyways.

What do you think he did?

lmao what an asshole

i'm not an expert in fluid dynamics and pressure loss, but again i highly doubt the impact of the pressure loss due to bend radius on the hose by deflecting it over the roof.
also if you look closely, the hose touches the ground after the bmw, if it were that important they would install supports to keep the hose of in the air ( maintain height) to prevent the loss of presure due to bending.
if you do a bit of math, you'll realize that the angle from top part of the window to ground vs roof to ground it's only a few degrees.
another solution was would have been to pass the hose outside of the car over the windhield/wiper area that way it woudl have been at the same height as through the window ( you would have a left/right deflection)
or as we can see the height of the hydrant is closer to the ground than it is to go through the window, you would have a smaller angle deflection if you would pass the hose under the car. ( if the car is not lowered).
doesn't look like the windows were smashed but more that they were lowered. as the hose doesn't lay on the door rather in the air ( is it becase of water pressure )?

again the BMW has no right to be parked there, but i believe half of the reason was to prove a point to the douchebag.

you don't know how close the hydrant is to the car... the closer it is, the more the tiniest bit of vertical delta will affect the angle of the hose. Imagine the hydrant being 1 foot away from the car and trying to pass the hose over the roof....

edit: someone posted a pic demonstrating this was the case.... also follow the link for more info...

iit mathematicians and fluid professionals

bimmer owner is a fucking twat, obviously parked in a no parking zone, obviously parked way too close to the hydrant to get any hose fitted correctly, obviously obstructing the work of people that can't take a slight chance to properly save lives. Why do people need to argue that it wasn't necessary? It takes seconds to lose someone and it takes minutes to thinker a way not to hurt the illegally parked douche mobile. Stop trying to convince yourself that it wasn't necessary and think about it. Worst part is that if any of you were the firefighter, 99.99% of you would've done the same.

^^

Exact it's not like they have minutes to think about it, it all happens in a matter of seconds...

I hope the bimmer gets a ticket on top of that for being parked there.

i guess bmw drivers didnt learn after 20 years later . ahahaha
BMW%20Fire%20Hose.gif

Je ne comprends même pas pourquoi les gens argumentes....

Il était stationné dans un no-parcking zone. C'est son foutu problème.

Je ne comprends même pas pourquoi les gens argumentes....

Il était stationné dans un no-parcking zone. C'est son foutu problème.

Because BMW!

On le sait ici, BMW est vénéré.

YOU SHALL NOT TOUCH OR DESCRIMINATE A BMW NOR THE OWNER!

honnêtement, on the record, si les pompiers doivent passer au travers de mon char pour sauver la vie de quelqu'un on s'en calisse tu du char...ça se répare de la vitre...et ça fait un beau son de giligili dans les portes

for the bmw i believe it's just plain stupid..firemen using their authority like the faggot cops..abuse much?..passing the hose over the roof would have been a sacrifice of what? 10 cm on overalle length

Un tuyau de 4" plein d'eau a quoi, 130/150psi, par dessu le toit?? LOLLLLLLLL
Le rouleau vide a lui seul en 50' doit peser 40lbs. Remplis le d'eau pi passe le par dessu un char voir si ca va rien faire au body....
Ti coune's gonna ti coune... :rolleyes:

There is a serious amount of morons in this thread.

Firefighters should NOT have to even think or deal with situations like this. IMO the only way it is OK to be parked in front of a hydrant is if you are IN the car waiting. I sure hope that in these situation insurance companies do not cover the damage and raise the insurance. If one is careless enough to park their car and not give a fuck, imagine how careless they are in any other situation on the road.

The guzzo story.... He should have his car towed japanese style

F#ck people that think they are above everything and everyone.

Tant pis pour lui. S'il est assez cave pour prendre le risque de bloquer une bonne fontaine, too bad.....la loi de Murphy est là pour ça.

for the bmw i believe it's just plain stupid..firemen using their authority like the faggot cops..abuse much?..passing the hose over the roof would have been a sacrifice of what? 10 cm on overalle length

tu portes bien ton nom

t'as même un carré rouge en bas de ton nom( infraction ) lol

Back