When the French clock off at 6pm, they really mean it...

Unless you're saving lives, your job is meaningless and you're just bending over for money.

Funny how only non-smart people have a smart phone turned on all the time.

brb taking Friday afternoon off as much as I want

brb going to the gym when I feel like it on work hours

brb taking 3 hours lunch time on Friday to watch Canada win the gold medal against USA.

brb having to answer customers on weekend cause the world doesn't stop on weekend and they pay my salary

brb having employees off-site working in different time zones around the globe

brb brb

Si je suis on-call et on m'envoie un courriel non urgent = sorry buddy, on se voit demain matin.

j'ai aussi une vie en dehors du bureau.

brb taking Friday afternoon off as much as I want

brb going to the gym when I feel like it on work hours

brb taking 3 hours lunch time on Friday to watch Canada win the gold medal against USA.

brb having to answer customers on weekend cause the world doesn't stop on weekend and they pay my salary

brb having employees off-site working in different time zones around the globe

brb brb

What does this have to do with anything ? When I'm in my office hours, I work, when I'm not at the office, you can be sure I won't answer the phone for anyone. When you're good at something, you don't do it for free, certainly not on an off day.

For once there is a law to protect citizens from becoming slaves and there are people itt that are against it. Wtf is wrong with people.

Le monde sont en depression Les famille ce brise
on fait plus enfants

enfin un lois qui peut aidee.

et tu as mazda freak qui ce prend pour un entrepreneur.

il a 13 ans a peu pres mon boss de l'epoque me dit " ca va te prendre un cellulaire" ma reponse: "un cellulaire ca se pait" sa reponse " oui on va le payer" ma reponse "penses ce que je viens dire et reviens moi avec une reponse intelligente et des $"

For once there is a law to protect citizens from becoming slaves and there are people itt that are against it. Wtf is wrong with people.

In case there was any doubt. I agree with the law, HOWEVER, in today's world (where everyone's more "connected", when businesses are open long hours and working evenings, nights and weekends is pretty common), it simply cannot be applied to absolutely any job.

In case there was any doubt. I agree with the law, HOWEVER, in today's world (where everyone's more "connected", when businesses are open long hours and working evenings, nights and weekends is pretty common), it simply cannot be applied to absolutely any job.

That's why work shifts exist... You hire 2-3 employees to cover all grounds instead of 1 doing it 24/7....

That's good and all, but if they don't put the extra effort, they will be the last one to get work hours when business is slower and I won't feel like paying them more than their syndicate wants me to.

What do you consider as extra effort? Asking a carpenter to do mansonry? (as an example)

srs question

They have no traffic to go through when they come to work.
They're pretty much always on call

That's good and all, but if they don't put the extra effort, they will be the last one to get work hours when business is slower and I won't feel like paying them more than their syndicate wants me to.

Being on call is a different thing than calling employees that have a 9-5 job, then i agree. But usually on call workers are paid way way more because they cant really do anything, always have to be close to the phone and wait.

I work in sales.
Have customers and suppliers in many different time zones.
My "work day" is from 8-5, but more often than not I have to answer emails or phone calls before/after work and on weekends.
I am paid a salary and commissions. If I don't go the extra mile for the customer, they will just find someone who does. Biggest sale I ever got closed on a Sunday. Made my boss a small fortune, and a nifty commission check for myself.

If you work clerical/manual jobs then sure 5pm you check out, but it isn't that simple for everyone.

Also, when I started at my current employer I was only a CSR, if I hadn't have gone the extra mile, I wouldn't have been given a sales rep position. You gotta pay to play, and work to get ahead. If you are cool where you are at, then sure do the minimum and get paid the minimum, but don't complain when you haven't been promoted or given a raise in 2 years.

It's not up to the gov't to tell me who I can and can't answer. If my boss wants too much from me, I'll go find a different boss or - better - get budget to have more people. Mazdafreak's guys could be super happy to be on call 24/7 if he pays them 24/7, and there's nothing wrong with that. Of course, they could also hate him and he has to look for new guys every month. But that's his problem, not the government's.

rappelez vous dans les anne 70 quand il parlais que les Ordinateur et les messianique va nous permettre de travailler que 3 jour semaine et de faire le même productivité.

Le but la productivité ce n'est pas de faire plus. mais en faire autant avec moins.

pour cela que notre société est malade.

rappelez vous dans les anne 70 quand il parlais que les Ordinateur et les messianique va nous permettre de travailler que 3 jour semaine et de faire le même productivité.

Le but la productivité ce n'est pas de faire plus. mais en faire autant avec moins.

Ça devrait être comme ça dans un monde idéal, mais le système est basé sur la croissance et les humains sont greedy as fuck malheureusement.

Not bitching when they do long work hours is one thing. Taking care of their work trucks and tools, etc

Are they expected to do long hours from the get go or you just trow it at them out of the blue every time?

Taking care of your equipment (whether it's a truck, tools or a computer) should be expected and I don't see that as extra but part of the job. Somebody who can't even do this most basic thing wouldn't even have a job in my book. Either that or I'm just too hard on myself and expect the same on other, I don't know.

Testimony before a Senate subcommittee in 1967 predicted that "by 1985, people could be working just 22 hours a week or 27 weeks a year or could retire at 38" due to technological progress and automation.

Instead we have become more "efficient" so were obliged to do a shit ton more work faster and get paid cheap labour because we're 7 billion people.

Do more; get paid same or less.

Back