Video Watch How Insanely Different Pitstops Were In 1950 Compared To Now

only 67 seconds!!..i wish i could of watched those crazy old school racers live.. No helmets, cars with lots of power , no downforce, barely any brakes,,,fucken suicide

ok so they only changed 2 front wheels...and they guy was hammering like a maniac...why didn't they do the 2 in the same time? did they only had one hammer? lol
i'm sure he has a feeling in that hammer to act as a torque wrench.

ok so they only changed 2 front wheels...and they guy was hammering like a maniac...why didn't they do the 2 in the same time? did they only had one hammer? lol
i'm sure he has a feeling in that hammer to act as a torque wrench.

It was a 3man crew only.

Est-ce que je suis le seul à trouver que c'était beaucoup plus homme comme sport avant?

Le seul sport qui a encore des vrais pitstops c'est NASCAR. Un côté à la fois, un jackman qui cours avec le jack et 5 bolts.

Est-ce que je suis le seul à trouver que c'était beaucoup plus homme comme sport avant?

Le seul sport qui a encore des vrais pitstops c'est NASCAR. Un côté à la fois, un jackman qui cours avec le jack et 5 bolts.

They can change the tires faster than the gas goes in the car...

Non. La seule categorie qui a des arret aux puits qui ont de l'allure c'est le WEC

Funny seeing the jackman in the '50s clip just dangling in the air trying to lift the front of the car up haha

Non. La seule categorie qui a des arret aux puits qui ont de l'allure c'est le WEC

And yeah, it's surprising most people leave out pitstops from endurance racing, the driver changes make it much more entertaining to watch. There's so much going on in one of those stops. Especially in the longer races where they have to change brake rotors and pads in the pit box with their quick release brake hoses, so cool. They can even change an entire gearbox in like 10 minutes, incredible.

En Nascar, les nuts sont-tu pogné après le rim pour être capable de les visser vite de même

The nuts are glued in place with 3M adhesive and the threads on the studs are specially machined so you can't strip them.

Driver changes in enduros are fun! Just make sure to hook up the cool suit... D'oh

Help's having this harness in the car as well
http://www.saferacer.com/schroth-enduro-belt

91210_1_orig.jpg
No screwing around.

All teams use a seat that you can swap the liners in that are custom fitted for each driver.

Cracking off a solid stop is a rush.

jsrais curieux de voir un pitstop f1 avec refuel, la ca serais un peu plus comparable que juste changer 4 tires

Back