Article: Why i will not sell Enkei wheels anymore!!

Alex@VAGMotorsport

Shop Representative
Après plusieurs années de partenariat avec Enkei, je ne pensais pas que ceci arriverais! J'ai tout fait en mon pouvoir pour ne pas avoir à écrire ce message, mais je croit que les gens doivent être au courant!

Why I will not sell Enkei Wheels Anymore!!

First of all, this is a review from a dealer point of view. Someone who is dealing with Enkei for over 6 years! A dealer that is always kind to help is customer, especially when there is a problem with a product!

All started off the 8th of august 2013, when I got the delivery from The Tirerack, mounted and balanced wheels and tires for my customer 2011 Audi TT. We installed the wheels on the car and realized there was some paint missing where the lug bolts goes, on 3 out of 4 wheels! (see pictures of the 3 wheels having the issue below. The Wheels are mounted on the car, with the lug bolt tighten down).

After seeing this I send the pictures to The Tirerack, and explain the situation! At first, Tirerack doesn’t even want to talk because the wheels had tire mounted on them! After many explanation that they were the one who installed the tires on the wheels, and it is their problem if they haven’t seen this before. How could someone 1600 miles away could tell them not to mount the tires because the wheels seems to have an issue.

After couple of discussion, where it seems like they never even spoke to Enkei, all they wanted to give my customer was 30$/wheels rebate, which is not even close to the price of respraying the wheels. My customer doesn’t want to pay to get the wheels repainted, which is normal, why would I pay twice for painting when this is supposed to be done at the manufacturer!

After seeing that The Tirerack didn’t want to speak with Enkei, I have contacted an Enkei representative myself (Which I don’t normally do, since there is a distribution network, and I would follow this normally.) I sent him the pictures, told him I was dealing with The Tirerack, and he told me that he wanted those wheels and could probably go on warranty! I’ll I need to do is to contact The Tirerack for a RMA.

Good, me and my customer are more then happy to to get the wheels back to The Tirerack(which still cost me 200$ to send back, plus the 150$ shipping they charge me to get the wheels on my initial order, at this point I am loosing money, but want my customer to be happy).
Couple of month pass by since I returned the wheels, and I get an answer from The Tirerack, saying the wheels has been cleaned and there is no issue with them. They are sending me the wheels back, no warranty done on those.

This for me doesn’t make sense, I showed him the pictures, explain to the representative the issue and he tells me to send the wheels in for further inspection. The answer I get; and this is coming directly from their email to me:
Our tech's have inspected the wheels and cleaned them up and there are no signs of missing paint. The lug access hole are not painted all the way, but that is normal as it is the way Enkei paints the wheel.

I have been selling wheels for 8 years, Enkei for the last 6 years. And this is the first time I see this. And know knowing this is the way Enkei now paints the wheels, this is what they are telling me, I am for sure never selling these wheels to any of my customer again!

Now The Tirerack will send me the wheels back and I will have to get them painted correctly! It’s funny that a well known wheel company like Enkei, tell me they are not able to get the wheel fully painted. I was under the impression they could do a better job then those Taiwanese wheels manufacturer.

For everybody looking to deal with Enkei in the future, well keep in mind you might only have 95% of your wheels painted.

The wheels I sold to my customer are the Enkei Raijin in black!
Please post pictures of your Enkei, I want to compare how many wheels with unpainted lug bolt are out there!!

Last edited:
"The lug access hole are not painted all the way, but that is normal as it is the way Enkei paints the wheel."

They probably didn't even talked with Enkei...? I may have missed something, but you said you talked to someone @ Enkei and he told you that it should go under warranty ?

The problem here seems more tire rack than enkei.. ?

J'ai l'impression qu'il y a une très grosse différence de qualité entre les Enkei normales et celles de la série Racing comme les RPF1, GTC01...

Quand même, un défaut comme celui là, même Rota et DAI font pas ça. Je trouve que c'est un gros manque de service/professionnalisme de leur part.

This is a "Tuning Series" wheel...it's not even built by Enkei in Japan. It is sub-contracted to another plant in China, so it's possible the quality control isn't quite up to par. That said, it does sound like a Tire Rack issue and not an Enkei issue. Try talking to Enkei directly (again) and explain that Tire Rack is not being cooperative. Send Enkei the wheels directly.

This is a "Tuning Series" wheel...it's not even built by Enkei in Japan. It is sub-contracted to another plant in China, so it's possible the quality control isn't quite up to par. That said, it does sound like a Tire Rack issue and not an Enkei issue. Try talking to Enkei directly (again) and explain that Tire Rack is not being cooperative. Send Enkei the wheels directly.

This.

That said, it does sound like a Tire Rack issue and not an Enkei issue. Try talking to Enkei directly (again) and explain that Tire Rack is not being cooperative. Send Enkei the wheels directly.
My thoughts exactly...

J'en veux à Enkei, mais pour une toute autre raison:

Ils ont choisi l'argent au lieu de leurs clients.

Back in 1998, j'ai acheté des Enkei RS Evolution 3 pièces à 700$ /roue. donc 3000$ de mags la, quand même.

J'etais pratiquement tout seul à les avoir. J'avais payé le prix pour l'exclusivité.

104413541_30a173fcbeeb8fb86e57860a02aca1713cf7ea62.jpg

L'année suivante, Ils se sont auto-copiés. Ils ont sorti une copie cheap de leur propre mag: le RSE.

enkrse.large.jpg

Beaucoup moins cher, une pièce. TOUT LE MONDE s'est mis à en acheter, pis la le monde parlait de mes mags en disant des RSE! j'étais en TABARNAK.

Fuck you ENKEI

Wait, I have already spoken to 2 reprensentative from Enkei wheels International. They have seen the wheels, They had them in the shop. They told Tirerack to do an RGA. The wheels then left Enkei to go back to tirerack and now are on their way over here!

Also before sending this at large, i had copied on an email, 2 sales manager from Enkei wheels, 2 sales manager from tirerack. I gave them 1 week to read, look at the picture and therefore rethink about their first answer! I gave him 5 full days to get back to me.

I have massive discussion with Enkei rep and Tirerack reps.

BTW; VAG Motorsport... not perry!

Alex@VAGMotorsport

We should create a discussion and a specific hashtag and shoot this all over IG if there is no reply, tagging all forms of ENKEI there are to be found on IG.

I would have contacted customer satisfaction as representatives usually don't give a shit once a deal is made (well, rarely) and signed.
You must do a lot of business with TireRack? If so, they should have done something about it and most certainly not charge you for shipping etc etc etc...

must say, that I raise my hat to you, for going out of your way to make sure your customer gets what he paid for and even at the price of you taking a serious blow. I hope that customer is conscious of how much of a good/honest person you are and shows the least bit of appreciation towards it.

J'ai l'impression qu'il y a une très grosse différence de qualité entre les Enkei normales et celles de la série Racing comme les RPF1, GTC01...

Quand même, un défaut comme celui là, même Rota et DAI font pas ça. Je trouve que c'est un gros manque de service/professionnalisme de leur part.

SI je me rappelle bien....mes anciens RPF1 bleu avaient le même "problème"....mais ça ne paraissait plus une fois les nuts intsallées...mais je peux me trompée...bref....je jetterai un oeil sur ceux que j'ai en ce moment quand je les enlèverais....je suis curieuse!

ps) moi j'ai pas eu le droit à la center cap à 50$/ch.......

which plant is the wheels origin? like a member noted that cheaper wheels are subcontracted to asian countries. so maybe the quality is not 100% guaranteed.

C'est normal, les RPF1 ne viennent pas avec center cap, les tunings wheels oui..

Et n'oubliez pas que je suis un revendeur, avant que j'écrive ceci, il y a eu plusieurs démarche donc vous n'ètes pas au courant que j'ai du prendre. Ici je met les grandes lignes de ce qu'ils ce passent!

C'est normal, les RPF1 ne viennent pas avec center cap, les tunings wheels oui..

Et n'oubliez pas que je suis un revendeur, avant que j'écrive ceci, il y a eu plusieurs démarche donc vous n'ètes pas au courant que j'ai du prendre. Ici je met les grandes lignes de ce qu'ils ce passent!

Reste qu'au prix des roues, ils pourraient te les fournir et te laisser le choix de les mettre ou pas :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like xXOli450Xx, my RPF1's don't have this issue. Like I said, your client chose "entry level" wheels that are not made in Enkei's actual plant, so the quality control is sub par.

As for the after sale service, I thought you only spoke once with Enkei directly and that Tire Rack was the ones not cooperating. Wasn't too clear. Hopefully Enkei will help you out in the end. Always sucks losing money on something like this.

10150779_10152057441696674_4010276485326843773_n.jpg

10269386_10152057441691674_5263994755810969795_n.jpg

La différence est que une fois qu'il y a une bolt ou noix sa ne parait pas.. comme sur Ma roue qui est correcte. Sur les 3 roues qui ont le probleme( les 3 photos que j'ai mit plus haut sont 3 roue differente, SUR la voiture).

Joey, remet ta noix en place et dis moi si tu voit encore la décoloration... Vous me parler de ou la noix va s'assoeir, moi je parle des murs alentours, ce qui habituellement est toujours peinturer.

Et on s'entend que silver silver est différent de noir et silver.

Et meme si les roues sont fait dans unes usines externe, le nom reste Enkei quand meme. Toutes compagnies qui ce respecte va assurer un control de qualité pour tous ces produits.

Les roues Sparco qui sont fait pas OZ qui sont drolement plus cheap ne sont pas comme sa.. Hell, DAI à pas ce probleme.

J'ai PAS de decoloration, c'est ce que moi et xXOli450Xx avons montrer. Que la couleur est pareil jusqu'a fond. C'est juste un peut sal/mat a cause du frottement :p

Back