Spring cleaning

Dubweiser

I know its just a stock daily driver Jetta, but I spent the whole day yesterday cleaning it up for the summer.

Did the following steps:

- twice wash with two bucket shampoo/conditioner/decontamination
- clay bar entire car and wheels
- wash
- taped up trim
- Machine polish.
- wash to get rid of polishing residues
- Hand wax
- hand glaze

I'm super pleased with the results, I thought more correction would be necessary after a winter of shitty car washes and snow brushes but just a fine polish got rid of all the swirls. Most surprising part, not a SINGLE stone chip after a whole winter of highway driving.:yikes:

IMG_20140429_1704122_zpsewwwtzfd.jpg

IMG_20140430_112011_zpsgv9z1lc4.jpg

just cleaned the calcium from my floormats and I,m gonna do a shampoo also on the floor, what shampoo do you use?

Moi j'ai prit ma chaudiere sur la tablette du haut de mon cabanon
Je l'ai déplacer de 2 pieds
J'ai embarquer dans le char
Je me suis rendu au garage d'esthétique
Je suis revenue boire une biere chez nous

C,est exactement ce que je fais quand y va sortir

I was planning on getting it done as well, there's a few really great detailers on this forum. But then I get an entire free day and the first thing I do is spend it detailing. I enjoy it, surprisingly...

Warm water ALWAYS works. If its not working you didn't spend enough time working the stain.

Vinegar makes the job quicker but your car smells like shit.

Warm water ALWAYS works. If its not working you didn't spend enough time working the stain.

Vinegar makes the job quicker but your car smells like shit.

yeah, when you dilute it, it's not as bad. Also, if you can get a couple of consecutive days of good weather, leave your windows rolled down just a crack to get some air circulation going...

But man... dem results...

Best trick for salt stains (DIY style) is a slight variation of what Dubweiser said.

In this order:
1) Shop vac to remove as many chunks as possible. Breaking off larger peices and dust makes the next steps easier
2) Use HOT water, not warm, in a spray bottle to dissolve the salt/calcium stains. Scrub with small plastic brush (bathroom type)
3) Use a Shop vac to suck up the water as you go. (repeat steps 2 and 3 as many times as needed to eliminate the stains)
4) Spray Zeps Carpet Cleaner (or vinegar if you want to save $10) on freshly cleaned area. This will neutralize the alkaline solution created by diluting the salt/calcium and avoid damage to the carpet fiber.
5) Final shop vac to remove as much liquid/moisture as possible.
6) Air dry in ventilated garage, or leave the doors open in the sun for a few hours.

BTW, Dub, the car looks good. Nice job. *tu*

Back