ASE Lapping Club - 9 juin 2014 - Soirée de lapping des lundi soirs

Tres content de ma premiere soiree comme recrue de l'autre côté de la clôture !

Tres content et fier de faire parti de cette super équipe !

À bientôt !

Dom

Premire participation au Lapping Club hier soir. Ca c'est bien pass. Il y a pas mal plus de monde qu'a ICAR.
Les voitures lgres ou allges sont avantage. Plusieurs Honda Civic m'ont vraiment impressionne.

Mon meilleur temp de lapping est 1 min et 5 secondes, mais je peux aller en chercher un peu plus avec de meilleures plaquettes de freins.

Je ralise aussi que j'ai besoin d'une meilleure suspension (coilover ou spring et dampers) car ma 135i est lourde, et s'incline beaucoup dans les virages. Ca vas devoir attendre a l'anne prochaine si je garde ma 135i ...

Pourtant ton auto semblait assez stable dans les courbes. Le seul truc que j'ai remarque c'est que tu perdais de l'aderance en accelerant de la sortie de la courbe. La 135i a bcp de potentiel meme si elle est lourde. Il y a un memebre sur la track assez rapide, il a change seulement les freins, chip, suspension il me semble. La plupart du monde finissent par changer les plaquettes, suspension et les pneux, sur la plupart des autos.. Meme si c'est une petite piste, elle est quand meme assez demandante et ca aide a apprendre les limites de l'auto.

Je vien de tester moi meme ma nouvelle auto, 330i ZHP stock incluant les tapis au rubber :) La premiere session j'ai essaye d'etre aggressif sur les freins...resultat mes pads on surchaffe apres 3 laps sans lap rapide et un passage dans les pits...Au deuxieme essai avec un freinage plus long, fini par avoir un temps de 1.43 et les freins ont tenu tout le long. Alors c'est comme essai erreur :)

Pourtant ton auto semblait assez stable dans les courbes. Le seul truc que j'ai remarque c'est que tu perdais de l'aderance en accelerant de la sortie de la courbe. La 135i a bcp de potentiel meme si elle est lourde. Il y a un memebre sur la track assez rapide, il a change seulement les freins, chip, suspension il me semble. La plupart du monde finissent par changer les plaquettes, suspension et les pneux, sur la plupart des autos.. Meme si c'est une petite piste, elle est quand meme assez demandante et ca aide a apprendre les limites de l'auto.

Je vien de tester moi meme ma nouvelle auto, 330i ZHP stock incluant les tapis au rubber :) La premiere session j'ai essaye d'etre aggressif sur les freins...resultat mes pads on surchaffe apres 3 laps sans lap rapide et un passage dans les pits...Au deuxieme essai avec un freinage plus long, fini par avoir un temps de 1.43 et les freins ont tenu tout le long. Alors c'est comme essai erreur :)

Le "hair pin" me donne un peu de fil a retordre. Un peu trop serrer pour la prendre a plus haute vitesse, sans sous-virage dans le turn-in et sur-virage au turn-out, et cela même avec -2.8 de camber a l'avant, -1.8* a l’arrière, pneus 255/35R18 au quatre coins a la bonne pression, et un LSD Quaife. Je laisse les pilotes avec des voitures moins puissante et plus légères me dépasser souvent a cet endroit. Je conduit avec le mode DTC (un niveau de traction control qui permet un peu de dérapage).

La prochaine fois, je vais peux être expérimenter avec le DSC off (tout les systèmes d'aide a OFF), s'il y a moins de monde sur la piste, et lorsque mes pneus Dunlop Direzza ZII seront chaud. Je roule actuellement des pads Carbotech XP10, et Titanium heat shields, mais j'ai un peu de FADE vers la fin de la session, et je dois freiner d'avance. J'attends sous peu des plaquettes de freins Performance Friction compound 08 - je serais le premier a les essayer sur la 135i (Beta test). Si mon fournisseur ne livre pas bientôt, je vais changer les plaquettes avant pour du XP12 qui tolère plus de chaleur.

^If you are on the ASE track at 5:00 sharp , there is a bit more space to experiment with your lines and braking zones !
Good sharing the track with you Daniel !

Special thanx to our field marshalls even sporting dual flags at one point !
I checked..it wasn't mine ! :p

Thanx everyone !

Dave S

^If you are on the ASE track at 5:00 sharp , there is a bit more space to experiment with your lines and braking zones !
Good sharing the track with you Daniel !

Special thanx to our field marshalls even sporting dual flags at one point !
I checked..it wasn't mine ! :p

Thanx everyone !

Dave S
Nice to meet you, and share tips with you, Dave.
Now I need to know, did I show up in your rear-view or front-view camera? ;-)

My pleasure!
Unfortunately, none of mine were running, because of battery issues.

I didn't catch you or see you in the back.Oleg (ntvertex) posted a video of the session, have a look.
You would have to start off with us, since we are running about the same lap times....unless really held back by traffic.

Don't think your 135i is heavy - my car weighs 3,850 lbs.

It was fun to try the F-Type at ASE on Monday, but not a lot of room for the car to stretch its legs, and on stock tires. Still, a decent performer, and like it was stated above: come early and you'll have less traffic to deal with, allowing you to do more experimentation with your car in terms of line and approach.

Don't think your 135i is heavy - my car weighs 3,850 lbs.

It was fun to try the F-Type at ASE on Monday, but not a lot of room for the car to stretch its legs, and on stock tires. Still, a decent performer, and like it was stated above: come early and you'll have less traffic to deal with, allowing you to do more experimentation with your car in terms of line and approach.

I was there at 16:45, as the italian exoctics were finishing their sessions. The yellow group is large. Three run groups means one session per hour, so less time to experiment, and less room to do so as more members join the party.

I still enjoyed myself dont get me wrong, just need to accept/embrace that I have a 3350 lbs street car, on stock springs and dampers.

I think I might have been on the track with you at the same time. What color is your 1 Series?

I like the 135i as a track car. What are you running for tires? Those will make an enormous difference. I am on stock shocks and springs for my 3,850 lbs CTS-V, and I run a 1:02 at ASE. I found the biggest upgrades in terms of noticeable performance were swaybars and tires (I'm running BFG Rivals now).

Those exotics pushed into our track time last night. They didn't clear the track fast enough, I don't think we went hot until 10 after five.

The biggest thing to remember is to have fun! There's no trophy at the end of the night - it's all about having a smile on your face :)

I think I might have been on the track with you at the same time. What color is your 1 Series?

I like the 135i as a track car. What are you running for tires? Those will make an enormous difference. I am on stock shocks and springs for my 3,850 lbs CTS-V, and I run a 1:02 at ASE. I found the biggest upgrades in terms of noticeable performance were swaybars and tires (I'm running BFG Rivals now).

Those exotics pushed into our track time last night. They didn't clear the track fast enough, I don't think we went hot until 10 after five.

The biggest thing to remember is to have fun! There's no trophy at the end of the night - it's all about having a smile on your face :)

There were two black 135i on the track at one point. We were running pretty close.

One guy has a 2008 135i with a bunch of performance mods (including JB4 piggyback + Meth injection) running 245/40R17 RS3's.

Mine was the black 2011 135i with Red interior. Im running 255/35R18 Dunlop Direzza ZII's. I have camber maxed out at 2.8* in the front, and -1.8* in the rear. My other mods are a 3.46 Quaife limited slip diff, M3 front control arms, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 transmission mounts,
Cobb Stg1 aggressive Tune, Carbotech XP10 pads, Hardbrakes Ti Heat shields, F30 "cooling" brake shields...

Last edited:
How do you like the Direzzas?

I've maxed out my camber, too.

I was in this Monday night:

JagASE.jpg

How do you like the Direzzas? I've maxed out my camber, too.
Love the ZII's, even if they are a little noisy on the street. Their tread pattern makes them howl at certain speeds on the highway. I can live with the noise.

They wear very evenly, do not chunk, and have stiff sidewalls, making the car steer more precisely in turns.

I havent figured out ideal pressure yet, and havent firmly confirmed if my alignments specs are optimal with a low-cost tire pyrometer I bought.

How was the "Jag" on the track? Did you melt or chew the street tires up?

No, I didn't damage the tires - ran the car at 7/10ths so I could evaluate it. It was fun, but a larger track would have been much more fun.

I'm not interested in ICAR - no elevation changes, limited space, concrete surface = not really a 'track' in my opinion. More like a parking lot.

The F-Type would be more fun at Mosport, Tremblant, or NHMS.

My speed6 is 3585lbs, and my fat ass at over 260lbs. But still fun since we have more power than most.
It does increase cost on consumables at the track though like brakes and tires.

I'm not interested in ICAR - no elevation changes, limited space, concrete surface = not really a 'track' in my opinion. More like a parking lot.

The F-Type would be more fun at Mosport, Tremblant, or NHMS.
LOL ... a large and high speed parking lot indeed... I spent the 2013 season on that track. It is 5 minutes fromn where I live. ICAR may be flat but it has a couple of high speed corners that are tricky and challenging. I do not like the grip on the concrete pavement, and the tires take a beating on that track. Once I got a taste of the asphalt ASE track this year, I now prefer it.

Je conduit avec le mode DTC (un niveau de traction control qui permet un peu de dérapage)...

...mais j'ai un peu de FADE vers la fin de la session, et je dois freiner d'avance.

C'est pas à cause du DTC ton fade?
Ton système utilise les freins non?

C'est pas à cause du DTC ton fade?
Ton système utilise les freins non?
Très bon point.

J'avoue que j'y avais penser mais pour les roues arrière seulement. Avec mon différentiel ouvert (stock), mes pads stocks d'en arrière s'usaient plus vite que celles d'en avant. Je voyais la lumière DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) clignoter souvent a l’entrée ou la sortie des virages, et me je disais que c'est surtout en arrière que la corrections se faisait. Je voyais la lumière un peu moins dans le mode DTC (dynamic traction control) car ce mode permet au véhicule un peu plus de dérapage.

Depuis que j'ai installer mon LSD Quaife, la lumière DSC s'allume très rarement, mais il est possible que la correction (freinage) se fasse en avant aussi.

Je vais expérimenter avec tout a OFF (DSC OFF) la prochaine fois, et conduire a 7/10 plustot qu'a 9/10, tout en mesurant mon temps de tour de piste. Qui sais, j'aurais peux être du bon freinage pendant toute la session cette fois et un meilleur temps.

Merci pour le commentaire!

*************************************Référence**************************************
The default mode is DSC (Dynamic Stability Control). In this mode, the computer will temporarily reduce power to the engine, and/or apply brakes at individual wheels if it detects the car is about to swerve or go out of control. This is how most drivers should be driving their 135i. This feature can definitely be felt when it kicks in, and you will see the indicator light come on.

One quick press turns ON DTC mode (dynamic traction control) or DSC light. This mode reduces stability control, and adds increased traction. This is used in heavy snow, rain or loose gravel or any environment where you need extra traction but you don't want the stability control intervening because it always thinks your skidding. Some wheel slipping is allowed under DTC.

Hold the button down for 5 seconds turns off both DSC (dynamic stability control) and DTC (dynamic traction control) but the e-diff is activated. This puts the car in 'TIM YOYO' mode. (That's It Motherf***er You’re On Your Own). In this mode, power to the engine is not controlled. The only action the computer will take is to apply braking to the rear wheel that is spinning the most.

When DSC (dynamic stability control) is on, the goal isn't just to stop the rear wheels from spinning. The goal is to prevent the car from going out of control. The computer will use engine cut out, and individual brakes to slow the car down and bring it back in line. That works opposite from the E-Diff, which tries to slow down the wheel that's spinning, to shift power to the one that is not.

Back