mpcv2000's White 1993 FOX LX Journal !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoked headlight covers will get you a ticket. Looks cool though.
how does the nitto bite from a dig?

They are not covers and it is writen DOT + other thing but anyhow I'm not digging them.

They are like this .

Smoked Mustang Headlight

I also agree this will attract cops so I don't want that.
My car is quiet , looks stock and I don't want to be bothered.

{edit} I'm getting those OE Style.

I hope I won't get pulled for the next 10 days.

Last edited:
Looks good man! Just saw you on dorval ave. Not digging the headlights, but to each their own..

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Looks good man! Just saw you on dorval ave. Not digging the headlights, but to each their own..

Yeap same here.
Headlight sucks.
New one coming , I already received the tracking number.
OE style , plain normal , no Euro Crap , Alteza $hit or what ever.

I went to Dorval to pick up some front spring someone had on KiJiJI.
He said they were on his car not for long.
Man , I did not event wanted them for free .
Painted many times and rusted "junk yard" style .

Still looking for some coils for my FOX.

What I have is way too low.

For $100 it's a smoking deal but I have a brand new fresh oem style.
I would have traded them for yours if I had known.
My new one left their warehouse already.
They will be on KiJiJi as soon as I get my set.

Looking for some coil springs that won't be as low as the one I already have.

You don't have some laying around by any chance ?

Unfortunately I do not sir. If you want a mild drop try to score a set of FRPP B springs. I have an Eibach pro kit that I scored new in box for $100 but i'm not happy. The drop was decent but i got the typical Eibach ass sag starting after 1 year sighhh.

I would run those lights all the time if my car wasnt calypso green. I find that color needs stock with clear corners. I do have a set of light covers that I run when I'm feeling like 1996 tho hahaa

Thanks for the tips.
Calypso Green is a very nice color .
I almost put my hands on one but the car had no A/C.

June 17 2014 .
Sick of having the front end so low I found on a local Mustang Forum a used set of Ford Racing C spring model M-5300-C for $60.00 .
They claim :
"1979-1993 Estimated Drop: Front 7/8"; Rear 1/2" .
I haven't seen my LX in stock form ( suspension wise ) but I think the front drops more than 7/8" but the rear is real high so yes 1/2" sounds pretty much right.
There is enough dead coil so I can cut them no problem .

So finally my front & rear springs were 99% sure OEM but cut and still they are longer than the Ford Racing C Springs but I'm sure the rate is different .

ry%3D480

Left is the one I just took out and right the new one.

ry%3D480

Old rear front of the picture and new one rear .

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The front is dirty and that's it , no rust , not a bolt jammed anywhere yet.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Front with stock spring cut

ry%3D480

Now with C Springs , I was expecting it to sits higher .

ry%3D480

Rear with stock spring cut

ry%3D480

It went up 1 full inch . 4X4 time

ry%3D480

Rear does sit high a little .

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I'll take the car out this week.

Can't wait to see the difference between cut OEM springs and uncut one with different rate.
I'm sure the car will be more fun to drive and stiffer .

Cs are kinda stiff but not too bad. Def do some shocks to take advantage. I like the rake they give. Looking good!

Cs are kinda stiff but not too bad.

For $60.00 I didn't have tons of choice but I'm sure the ride will be a lot better than what I had.
Can't be as stiff as I had setup my RX7 .

I found a set Last Saturday in Dorval for $60.00 , drove all the way over there and when the guy brought me the springs , even if they were free I wouldn't have taken them .

Thursday test drive maybe tomorrow evening . *tu*

Final result with my drop is :

( Front ) Ford Racing "C" Spring M-5300-C with Energy suspension 4.6102G isolators + OEM Ford Bottom spring isolator ( so 2 bottom ) + a piece ( 1/3 ) of a rear isolator cut to let the front spring sit on it .

The rear is matching "C" springs with no isolators.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

It's not a "slammed" look but it is way more fun to drive that way because of the street & road condition we have on and around Montreal Island.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Left front corner was in a slight drop so it brings the right rear quarter up a bit.

ry%3D480

Pretty much even like I wanted.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

That should do it for this summer.
The ride is fine but new shocks won't hurt , I'll hold on to that because I'll go coil over next time I mess with my suspension.

Looks really clean! Every nice day of summer that I'm on the road I hate myself for getting rid of my 93 LX.

For me I think the LX is one of the nicest Mustang made .
When I've installed the "C" spring about a week ago it was fine ( no isolators ) but the front end did sink back to where it was after a couple days so this is why I had to take it apart again , I even put a Pro-Kit for one day to see but it was the exact same drop but not as stiff as the "C" spring .

I'm now ready for alignment.

Next project will be radiator ( 3 core ) swap , not that I have any issue with cooling but when it did I thought it was a radiator to finally realized it was the clutch on the fan so this is when I've decided to do a electric fan conversion.
Problem is gone but I already bought the radiator and it is sitting on the shelf so I'll put it on the next few raining days we'll have .

I have over 1500 KM of driving so far and "0" issue with the car.
I'm in love. :D

car looks great!!!

The worst part is I never liked the fox until I owned one!!! It made a really fun beater!!!

I would pic up a notch back this time and with a 5.0 loool

Finally decided to put the new 3 core radiator in.
Bought for nothing because my problem was the thermostatic clutch so anyway while I was there I put back a 180 thermostat in ( it had none ) new Ford radiator hoses , new air deflector ( below radiator ) and new Prestone.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

It fits there perfectly.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

I had to lower my Taurus Fan because the motor was hitting the water pump shaft.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

The infamous air deflector that almost no one has on their FOX because it has been ripped off.

ry%3D480

I also bought a Tri-Ax handle for the used Tri-Ax shifter I bought a while back.
I had put the stock handle on the Tr-Ax base but it was sitting pretty high.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Next mod will be my fan controller because right now it is setup "Ignition on" low speed.
The fan perform so well that no need to run on High but just in case, my new setup will make it kick in at temp "XXX" if it ever reach the setup temp I will set it at.

After a little over 1 month owning the car I'm completely in love with my FOX.
Good choice and good car.

*tu*

Nice to work inside my garage when weather hit 30 + outside. :p

ry%3D480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back